It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican police, soliders killed in multi-city attacks by drug gangs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Mexican police, soliders killed in multi-city attacks by drug gangs

www.cnn.com

MEXICO CITY, Mexico (CNN) -- A series of coordinated attacks in at least seven Mexican cities killed three federal police officers and two soldiers Saturday in what officials are calling an unprecedented onslaught by drug gangs, reports said.

In addition, six police officers were reportedly wounded.

The attacks reportedly were in retribution for the capture of a member of the drug gang La Familia Michoacana last night.

The detainee is said to be among a key figure in the group, which the Mexican government considers one of the most dangerous in the country.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
It looks like things are beginning to heat up in Mexico yet again as the summer kicks into high gear.

The Narco Trafficking Wars make the headlines again with brazen acts of lawlessness aimed at intimidating and punishing the Mexican Government and it's officials.

The high cost of legislating morallity both in Mexico and the United States continues to drive instability and terror on both sides of the border.

It is ironic that citizens will fight their government to ensure the right to make a high profit but not for personal freedom or liberty.

www.cnn.com

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Men armed with high-powered rifles and grenades launched the attacks in the cities of Morelia, Zitacuaro, Zamora, Lazaro Cardenas, Apatzingan, La Piedad and Huetamo in Michoacán state, the government-run Notimex news agency said.

The three officers were killed in Zitacuaro, police official Eduardo Moran told CNN en Español.

The two soldiers were killed in Zamora, the newspaper El Universal reported on its Web site. The six officers were wounded in Morelia, the newspaper said.

Take away the Islamic Fundamentalism ellement and parts of Mexico seem to be almost like Afghanistan.

It's odd that Narcotics Traficking play a prominent role in both societies.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

It is ironic that citizens will fight their government to ensure the right to make a high profit but not for personal freedom or liberty.

www.cnn.com
You said it all . I was just wondering why we haven't heard about anything going on there. I hate our media pukes.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

The media seems to guide us skillfully one might say from crisis to crisis, embedding a shred and seed of proper political correctness along the way, while never dwelling on one too long for it to become controversial, but rather just long enough to make sure the political message is rammed home again and again to indoctrinate the unquestioning and uncarring into the cult of political correctness.

Nothing ever has importance to the point of being solved or fully understood, just sold as to why tax dollars and unquestioning loyalty to the mainstream media's and government's oppinion should reign supreme and be the only oppinion.

Maybe now that they have planted with as much success as possible the notion of unrest in Tehran and Swine Flu is just a distant memory and the distratction of Michael Jackson has played it's course and purpose they will put one more nail in the coffin of Mexico before returning us to some other foreign crisis to put another nail in it.

Round and round she goes, just what the government is up to no one nows.

Great observation friend.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I never claim to be the sharpest tool in the shed but,,, A gang which the Mexican government considers one of the most dangerous in the country goes into seven cities with men armed with high-powered rifles and grenades launch attacks, yet only managed to kill three federal police officers and two soldiers???

Is this a joke? I could have done more damage than that after a full bottle of tequila - and I'm a girl!

Doesn't anyone else see anything wrong with this picture? More lies from the propaganda machine in my opinion.

Star and flag ya

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
I never claim to be the sharpest tool in the shed but,,, A gang which the Mexican government considers one of the most dangerous in the country goes into seven cities with men armed with high-powered rifles and grenades launch attacks, yet only managed to kill three federal police officers and two soldiers???

Is this a joke? I could have done more damage than that after a full bottle of tequila - and I'm a girl!

Doesn't anyone else see anything wrong with this picture? More lies from the propaganda machine in my opinion.

Star and flag ya

That is an excellent observation Sundancer. It is hard to believe that they managed to acheive and significant level of mayhem. Seven targets and only five victims hardly makes them seem the feared attacks they are claimed to be.

It's possible that it was the Mexican Government itself eliminating corrupt members of the police and military and pinning the blame on the Nacrco Trafficers or that they were corrupt officials who failed to keep specific promises to the Narco Trafficers for which they were paid.

Or of course that it is all made up entirely. That area of Mexico is one of the poorest and has the least litterate citizens. None of whom would likely think to or have the ability to question or challenge the story as it's being pitched internationally and abroad in America.

The media and our government like slowly adding one piece of wood to the fire at a time, so when they finally decide to ignite it there is a heap of misconceptions to bolster setting it ablaze publicly.

It's sad the means that they will use to try to justify even sadder ends.

Thanks for noticing and pointing that out.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

it's like the 80's in Miami all over again
Griselda Blanco

Port Of Miami The Drug Cartel

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Great additions to the thread as always friend WarrenB.

I live in Miami, thank goodness I am used to these kinds of things huh?

Nothing like living in a third world city state where both the Government and the Powers that Be only have nominal control and you have all the ammenities of home!

Great place to live, awful place to visit!

Thanks for posting Warren.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I have spent much time in Latin America; even called it my home from time to time. Overall they are polite, respectful, and ***clean*** people. This is opposite from what the average fat ignorant modern day US American believes.

I've noticed the US causing much tension down there, and it helps their position. I've long believed the border tension is intentionally US sponsored; so as to keep it's sheeple land locked......not able to leave.

If they choose, or are able to take us down the rocky rocky road of totalitarian dictatorship, in a 1984 fashion, then it is reasonable to suggest they like the border wars.

new topics

top topics

join