It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robot Teaches Itself to Smile

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeetontheconspiracy
Reply to post by Amaterasu

Originally posted by Amaterasu
"And there are people who cannot see the vast advances we are making in robotics.

We are coming along nicely and I am sure we can now create robots to do virtually all the jobs no one wants to do. "

we already have somethjing to do all the jobs no one wants to do. It's called ilegal immigrants

Newsflash... Illegal immigrants are people. And would be part of those of whom we would determine whether a job is one they want to do.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
This is what so many people cannot believe: we will be having robots better than us in 10 years.

More and more so it is seeming true.

And no, this is not a terminator-possibility. Being able to make facial appearances and being able to kill others is very different.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
This is what so many people cannot believe: we will be having robots better than us in 10 years.

More and more so it is seeming true.

And no, this is not a terminator-possibility. Being able to make facial appearances and being able to kill others is very different.

Define "better..." They will take over the position we currently hold - that of slave (whether outright or in the hidden wage slavery that most currently endure). Thus freeing us to each follow one's bliss.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
That was probably some of the most amazing robots I have ever seen. Wow, they look so real and life like that is amazing! Truely amazing. Excellent Thread Slayer Starred and Flagged.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Giving this thread a small bump.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Ah, and "bump" worthy it is indeed. When I first saw this I was amazed.
Still am. I love it! This was one of those I had to call "the household" to "come see this! It's amazical!".

...and so it is.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I just sat through 'Blade Runner' earlier this evening.... first time i've seen it (great film btw for when it was made) and it certainly showed a possible future.... look at how close we are to that reality..... it was set in 2019 which is only another 10 years away.... with all the work going on on these robotics & AI it's gonna be damn close

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Thats scary. they already have super strength, stamina, and vitality; but we felt that we had to give them the ability to learn?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I just sat through 'Blade Runner' earlier this evening.... first time i've seen it (great film btw for when it was made)

Great movie.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join