It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Zoo May Have to Close

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Boston Zoo May Have to Close

news.aol.com

(July 11) - More than 1,000 animals may need new homes, and some may have to be euthanized, after the governor cut funding to a Boston zoo, The Boston Globe reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course the animals 'may be euthanized'!! Because that's the ONLY way to make the necessary cuts in the budget. I am sooo sick and tired of them sensationalizing budget cuts. Its always the firemen, police, libraries, zoos to go whenever the subject of budget cuts come up. What about pay cut for the legislators? There are a ton of things you could cut before the things they always threaten to cut first.

news.aol.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Yes, but that's the way it is, my friend. In order to save your budget you have to come up with an impact that is as frightful as you can think of but that you will still have credibility with the pursestrings holders.

Oh yeah... your neglected the BEST impact... children and/or education...

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Precisely, make the cuts bloody (conceptually in most cases), stark, and close to the heart of the citizenry. When cuts in local education are announced, notice how the cuts will be made through reduction/elimination of marching band, library services, foreign language programs, etc. Naturally, that then whips various and sundry into a froth to bear any burden for the children. If the same savings were being made by eliminating a handful of Assistant Deputy District Superintendents (at $100K-150K/year), everyone would stand up/cheer/donate boxes to help move the bureaucrats off of the local payroll. Likewise w/ the State and Local governments in MA. If they were cutting the subsidy to the Legislative Cafeteria, I daresay that the sense of loss would be quite the same. The wheels keep their perks, and the do-nothing (or do-little) bureaucrats on the payroll, the impending death of the happy polar bear is averted, because everyone can pay just a little more for 'him', and it rolls on until the next crisis.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
AWFUL human behaviour.
FIrst we stick them in cages to poke and prod, entertain us and gawk at them
then we kill them.
Sickening.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Agreed this is insane...

Surely there should be no need to Euthanize any Animals or close a Zoo

and I really don't like Zoos... they should mainly be wild animal parks... less cost to maintain so THIS doesn't happen

and in the event of a disaster the animals have a fighting chance to survive and lin any event lead a more natural life

Closing a Zoo for budgetary reasons is Gross... surely they could find the donations, this is terrible

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well, chin up, it could be worse.

For example: "Boston may have to close, NWO to euthanize all citizens."

Just a matter of time, really...

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Double post! sorry

[edit on 7/12/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
maybe euthanize them- make hundreds of gallons of stew and feed the homeless? win win situation.
once done with that maybe make soylentgreen out of all politicians? win win again!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
You know... this is one of those rare topics that people actually could make a difference in

Money is attainable in this case and it really would be a tragedy...

Please keep me posted if anyone hears anything about any fund drives to stop this...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Deval Patrick has really run a muck of the whole state. I can't believe I voted for the guy. The first thing he did when he got elected was ugrade the governers car to a pimped out cadillac.

Even though I hate to say it good for Mumbles Menio to step up and defend the closer of the zoo. But the problem with the zoo is the location. Its not easy to get to for Boston residences or for tourist. What tourist is going to take a couple subways then some more buses to go to the zoo, when they can do other things within the city?

top topics

join