It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human races & alien races... any connection?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Threadster check out the DROPAS AND THE HUMAMNS THEY ENCOUNTERED THE HANS AND ZOPAZ ARE THEIR OFFSPRING

LOCATION SOMEWHERE IN THE SICHUAN PROVINCE (PROTECTED/GAURDED) CURRENTLY

PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTED:
YELLOW SKIN
AVRG. HEIGHT OF 1.1METERS
LARGE BLUE EYES NOT NATIVE TO ASIA

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Amaterasu, there is NO clear proof that human intelligence has been increasing independently of education and technological innovation.

Research that shows a recent decrease in IQ scores:
bps-research-digest.blogspot.com...

Explaining the problems with modern IQ tests:
www-staff.it.uts.edu.au...

As noted in this paper one of the peculiarities of the human line is that our cranial capacities have been increasing steadily for about ~2 million years, until they maximized 100-50,000 years ago. In fact, the human lineage with the largest cranial capacity were Neandertals.
scienceblogs.com...

Although thousands of years have passed since mankind migrated from Africa and populated the vast expanses of the world, there has been insufficient time for evolution to take effect and modify us to better fit our new environments. Some people believe that in the future we will evolve so that our brains are larger and our cognitive abilities will dramatically increase. The chances of evolving to this level are slim because even if we were given sufficient time to let genetic changes accumulate, there is no pressure to weed out the less intelligent individuals, who actually procreate more than individuals with high IQ's (Kanazawa, 2004).
www.personalityresearch.org...

I have also read the same in textbooks: that innate human intelligence has not changed significantly since the dawn of civilization.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by misterglad]

[edit on 13-7-2009 by misterglad]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Thanks misterglad, i was way to tired last night to go digging up sited quotes

[edit on 13-7-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
reply to post by Amaterasu

ahh.. just as i thought. You have nothing but your ill conceived opinions and 1 link to someone else's theory. You will have to do better than that im afraid to prove your claims.

Dude. I've got more than you have. Bring it on.

Never mind, I see someone else came up with something.

Anyway, regardless of intelligence, the human race has been fed lies that cover up our origins. And that's really what this thread is about. Humans and aliens.

I have even forgotten why the state of the human IQ entered into this.

Oh, yeah. Evolution. Are we still evolving...

Beside the point. We share this planet with ones who came from elsewhere, either themselves or their ancestors.

[edit on 7/13/2009 by Amaterasu]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Evolution, in both its process and its outcomes, is one of the most misunderstood aspects of science, for a variety of reasons. If I may...

*clears throat*

Originally posted by Bluebelle
Oh yea I thought about that... people's skin colour changing to suit the enviroment. But that doesnt explain some of the features that specific races seem to have e.g. chinese people having slanted eyes & tend to be quite short etc etc!

Just makes me wonder whether all those different features are really down to just the enviroment or not. And could it be remotely possible that some races are actually the product of some weird human/alien hybrid!

Well, skin color is almost certainly due to environment. However, other features might not be. In evolution, one talks about "sexual selection." This refers to traits that have evolved because (fe)males preferred a certain feature in their mates. In peacocks, for example, the colors and patterns of the tail are likely the result of what peahens think is straight-up sexy, and not due to environment. Thus, some features could arise/persist in humans because they became desirable, and not because of any environmental factor.

It's also important to distinguish between true environmental factors, and environmental factors that have had an effect on our genome. Peruvians from the Andes were known to have a much larger lung capacity than other "races," and this was originally believed to be a genetic feature. However, after some of these highland people had moved to lower elevations and had children at those elevations, it was found that the children had normal lung capacity, and not the larger lung capacity of their parents. So, it was growing up at a high elevation that affected lung capacity, and not anything genetic.

Originally posted by Amaterasu
Well, the Sumerian Tablets offer a quite unambiguous recount of genetically creating humans...

OMG, please tell me which tablets these are, and maybe provide I link? I'd love to see this unambiguous discussion...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Interesting facts... There is one animal on this planet that has issues inbreeding. Though other species do show issues, it is many generations before minor issues show up. This animal can show issues in one generation, and the second is highly likely to have severe defects... Also, this animal has over 4,000 "glitches" in their genetics. These pass on genetic disorders. All other animals have maybe a dozen or so at most, and many have none.

That one animal, out of all the species on this planet is us.

Could you provide some numbers about humans having more genetic disorders than other species? We might be more AWARE of our genetic disorders, since we care for more about them than problems that other species have, but that doesn't mean that we HAVE more genetic disorders.

If evolution was so good at creating perfect, or nearly perfect genetics... Why did the one animal on the planet that developed intelligence suddenly develop (at the same time) so such an incredible number of issues?

One might suppose that if it was merely evolution, the stock from whence we came was near perfect - by the time we arrived, evolution had created vast numbers of "perfect" species.

No species is perfect. Evolution does not create perfect or near-perfect species. The process of evolution creates individuals which are able to deal with their environment and pass on their genes. In fact, if we look at from a purely evolutionary perspective, humankind is the BEST animal ever: human has expanded over the whole world, made use of nearly every environment, pushed out other species, etc.

Thats a really good point actually about the genetics thing. And it seems like more and more of these 'glitches' are coming up as time goes on. It does seem odd that we'd develop the kind of intelligence we have, while still having all these dodgy genetics.

Please show some evidence that more "glitches" are appearing as time goes one. Again, this is an artifact of our perception: we have better science and communication, so we are AWARE of more genetic disease, and we live longer, which gives genetic disorders more chance to surface, but the defect was there all along, regardless...

[edit on 13-7-2009 by suomichris]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Also, just a thought on evolution in general... how can it be that there are something stupid like 2 million species on this planet, yet we are the only one's who seem to have experienced such an accelerated evolution process (as in the last 3000/4000 years or so)?

There has been very little evolution in humans over the last 3000/4000 years. Human beings 4000 years ago were fully anatomically modern, produced writing, art, culture, etc. There's no real measurable change.

And with all species, the main 'objective' seems to be reproduction. Which to a point is the same with us... but we want to explore, learn new things etc. Why is that? Why would that level of intelligence where we want to do those things ever be needed?

See my post above. Humans are, bar none, the most evolutionarily success species on the planet, bar none. Intelligence has obviously served us well, especially when you compare us to our nearest relatives, who, despite being pretty smart in animal terms, are all on the brink of extinction.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

3 points every decade? that would mean people 500 years ago had an IQ of 0? Yet we know people 1000's of years ago were able to calculate the positions of the stars with no computers. Can you do that seeing as you should be 100's of time more intelligent than them?

I think its the actual IQ test that is flawed. Maybe i should have said 'general intelligence' instead.

I think you need to read up on what IQ tests are: namely, standardized measures of intelligence. The average IQ, in any generation, for any population, is 100.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Regarding the issue of IQ change over the past while: unfortunately, you are both wrong.

Amateratsu: These measures are based on IQ, and IQ tests have only been around for about 100 years. It is incorrect to extrapolate from these results back any farther in time, given that the last 100 years has seen a drastic change, far more drastic than at any period in history.

VitalOverdose: IQ tests do demonstrate an increase in IQ over the past hundred years or so. To what degree this is the result of education/nutrition/etc. remains unclear.

To both: The issue of how smart the ancient Greeks are is essentially unknowable (although, I would say, based on what I know, VitalOverdose is basically right: there has been no drastic increase in IQ over the past, say, 5,000 years, with the possible last 100-150 years as the world has become industrialized and modern presenting an exception).

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by suomichris

3 points every decade? that would mean people 500 years ago had an IQ of 0? Yet we know people 1000's of years ago were able to calculate the positions of the stars with no computers. Can you do that seeing as you should be 100's of time more intelligent than them?

I think its the actual IQ test that is flawed. Maybe i should have said 'general intelligence' instead.

I think you need to read up on what IQ tests are: namely, standardized measures of intelligence. The average IQ, in any generation, for any population, is 100.

Thanks, i shall not be using 'IQ' as a comparative measure of intelligence again.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Amateratsu: These measures are based on IQ, and IQ tests have only been around for about 100 years. It is incorrect to extrapolate from these results back any farther in time, given that the last 100 years has seen a drastic change, far more drastic than at any period in history.

I don't believe I did any extrapolation into the past... I did comment on such extrapolation.

Regardless, I'll accept your statement that I am wrong. After all, links were provided to differing data, and it really is not relevant to the question of whether we here are currently linked to aliens.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I don't believe I did any extrapolation into the past... I did comment on such extrapolation.

Regardless, I'll accept your statement that I am wrong. After all, links were provided to differing data, and it really is not relevant to the question of whether we here are currently linked to aliens.

I guess I misunderstood, I thought you were citing IQ evidence to demonstrate that human intelligence has been increasing....

Regardless, I think we agree to set aside the issue of how smart the Greeks, etc. were in relationship to present-day humans...

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I've always sorta' fancied the idea that Earth was set up as a genetic splicing platform.

Say you have five races that are bound together in a "coalition" of sorts in a Glactic Government. Well, they find Earth and guess what? Earth has a Humanoid semi-intelligent lifeform roaming about. Well, you all mesh your DNA with the neandrethal and allow them to populate and "be fruitful and multiply... yadda, yadda, yadda"...

Why would you do such a thing?

Well, at a certain point, once the genes are co-mingled to the point that you can start "harvesting" them, you can combine the genetics of all your coalition bretheren and reintroduce them to your own gene-pool...

An ant farm, if you will.

But in the meantime, you are also helping to create yet ANOTHER ally for your coalition.

It sounds absolutely insane, but it is the best I can figure the particular subject.

Remember though, that these people are likely travelling from vast distances at the speed of light.
Considering time dialation, you could theoretically travel from here to another world at the speed of light, spend a few years there and travel back to your home planet only aging slightly more than the time you spent there.... Then upon your return to said planet, at the speed of light, you will have seen the planet age tremendously in the time you were gone...

Ergo, you would be "timeless" on your 'tinkering' world... not to mention vastly superior with your genetic techology.

If any of this is correct, they will be abducting us at this point for our genetics and preparing for a time when they will reintroduce themselves to us.
If we aren't ready morally to join their alliance, they will destroy us.

Seems to work for me.

Yeah, they tie in... they are our Gods.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Hmmm i think that we may be aliens!! but more likely still started off as microbes... we just got here on a commet!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join