It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human races & alien races... any connection?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose

I know what you mean. The whole idea of evolution just doesn't work when you try to apply it to the way humans have developed. One of the really odd things is that we dont seem to have got much more intelligent in the last 10000 years. We have learnt more but but general IQ levels haven't really gone up since before the ancient Greeks.

That actually is not true...

memebox.com...

For what it's worth.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
oo also, with the whole reproduction/survival thing - we seem to actually go against that one in a way. We seem to be the only species that has a self-destruct button in terms of polluting our planet, all the pointless killing & general violence that goes on etc. So I guess if our intelligence IS down to natural evolution, then it made a big mistake making us clever(ish)!

Although maybe reproduction & survival is the main goal for us too... its just we tend to be more like parasites. Using up all the resources and then maybe moving onto another planet. We could actually be some alien attempt at continuing their species or whatever..

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle
oo also, with the whole reproduction/survival thing - we seem to actually go against that one in a way. We seem to be the only species that has a self-destruct button in terms of polluting our planet, all the pointless killing & general violence that goes on etc. So I guess if our intelligence IS down to natural evolution, then it made a big mistake making us clever(ish)!

Although maybe reproduction & survival is the main goal for us too... its just we tend to be more like parasites. Using up all the resources and then maybe moving onto another planet. We could actually be some alien attempt at continuing their species or whatever..

I think you will find that there are lizard hearted Beings pretty much running things, and THEY are the ones who initiate the real bad stuff. Through some humans who are told they're special and given vast amounts of money and political power to carry out the poisoning of the planet.

They are trying to reduce our numbers.

I'm not talking about tossing candy-bar wrappers on the ground, either.

I speak of chemtrails, high pressure drilling (using highly toxic fluids that seep into our water supply), industrial waste, etc.

My book is to stop this plan. The ideas contained, if we get enough people talking about them, will happen.

Take a read. I would be honored.

BOOK: files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Right.. Ive read a load of stuff on here about all these alleged alien races/human hybrids that live on earth. I dont really buy into any of it myself, but try to keep an open mind on it and whatnot...

What Ive been pondering on is that here we have white, black, chinese etc races here... why is that? I suppose it could be evolution, but does anyone think that maybe one or more races maybe didnt originate from earth?

I realise this might have slight racial issues bringing it up.. but Im just interested in other peoples opinions on it!

IF we can evolve into different races then I assume ET's where ever they may be have the ability to also evolve or split into different distinct races.

IF it can happen in one part of the universe , then I think It can in another...

That is just my opinion though....

Our planets can have connected orbits around stars and stars around galaxies and galaxies around the universe , and electrons around atoms.....

If it can happen so very small then it can happen so very big.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by one_small_step
I think you'll find skin pigmentation may have a lot to do with environment the early tribes lived in. Not forgetting everyone is unique.
[edit on 11-7-2009 by one_small_step]

Oh yea I thought about that... people's skin colour changing to suit the enviroment. But that doesnt explain some of the features that specific races seem to have e.g. chinese people having slanted eyes & tend to be quite short etc etc!

Just makes me wonder whether all those different features are really down to just the enviroment or not. And could it be remotely possible that some races are actually the product of some weird human/alien hybrid!

ooo also - the whole dominant gene thing, why are some genes such as brown eye colour dominant? I could be talking absolute crap here as I know next to nothing about biology... but could the dominant genes belong to aliens,or vice versa?

[edit on 11-7-2009 by Bluebelle]

Well lets say that the 3 or 4 aliens who donated their DNA to crossbreed with ours would have similar but different physical characteristics just like humans.

It would be like if you and your brother and your sister gave their DNA to use to splice with a different species...

Over time they would start to seperate and look less and less alike because those differences would become more integrated into the genes but the overall look of the being could be the same because the 3 sources are all human...

Something to that affect, I assume could happen...

Not saying that IS what happen but I could see that scenario playing out.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by one_small_step
I think you'll find skin pigmentation may have a lot to do with environment the early tribes lived in. Not forgetting everyone is unique.
[edit on 11-7-2009 by one_small_step]

Oh yea I thought about that... people's skin colour changing to suit the enviroment. But that doesnt explain some of the features that specific races seem to have e.g. chinese people having slanted eyes & tend to be quite short etc etc!

Just makes me wonder whether all those different features are really down to just the enviroment or not. And could it be remotely possible that some races are actually the product of some weird human/alien hybrid!

ooo also - the whole dominant gene thing, why are some genes such as brown eye colour dominant? I could be talking absolute crap here as I know next to nothing about biology... but could the dominant genes belong to aliens,or vice versa?

[edit on 11-7-2009 by Bluebelle]

Just wanted to add that there is a theory that that Asians and Whites come from the same ancestor because of Genghis Khan. In parts of Russia and Asia you can find white people with slanted eyes and Asians with Blonde Hair. All part of the blame of Genghis Khan, good old Genghis.

There is also similarity between Asians, Eskimos and Native Americans. It is said that people migrated to North America through a Land Bridge between Russia an Alaska. So originally the Asians that stayed in Alaska became Eskimos and the Eskimos that went south became Native Americans.

Also I have seen on these forums that some alien beings that have made contact are actually human beings with Mediterranean looks. Maybe the Mediterraneans are the alien race, who knows? This has nothing to do with the thread but your pretty cute, lol.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

3 points every decade? that would mean people 500 years ago had an IQ of 0? Yet we know people 1000's of years ago were able to calculate the positions of the stars with no computers. Can you do that seeing as you should be 100's of time more intelligent than them?

I think its the actual IQ test that is flawed. Maybe i should have said 'general intelligence' instead.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

3 points every decade? that would mean people 500 years ago had an IQ of 0? Yet we know people 1000's of years ago were able to calculate the positions of the stars with no computers. Can you do that seeing as you should be 100's of time more intelligent than them?

I think its the actual IQ test that is flawed. Maybe i should have said 'general intelligence' instead.

Prove that then, if you would please. That no increase of intelligence is occurring...

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

If you cant do what people did 1000's of years ago ie calculate complex mathematics involving the stars in our sky and no computers then that IS the proof.

There are countless examples of things we have done in our past that we don't know how to do in our modern age. That show's that we are no more clever than we have always been. All the mathematical problems that we use in the world today for building and prediction of weather patterns etc were all thought up 1000's of years ago by the Greeks. Subjects like trigonometry are just as hard to understand now as when it was first discovered 100's of years ago.

I really do think the standard IQ test is VERY flawed. I watched a program that showed a guy with one of the highest IQ scores in the world and he was a bouncer.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

If you cant do what people did 1000's of years ago ie calculate complex mathematics involving the stars in our sky and no computers then that IS the poof.

There are countless examples of things we have done in our past that we don't know how to do in our modern age. That show's that we are no more clever than we have always been. All the mathematical problems that we use in the world today for building and prediction of weather patterns etc were all thought up 1000's of years ago. Subjects like trigonometry are just as hard to understand now as when it was first discovered 100's of years ago.

I'm at a loss as to how you equate intelligence with education... In fact, it was just this question that plagued the initial tests developed. They were educationally (and therefore often racially) biased. If one of the "ancients" came about and explained to me how it was done...I bet I could do it.

It's like if someone who, through some phenomenal chance, had never encountered either a cat or the word cat, and calling him retarded when he looks at you quizzically and asks what a cat is after you mention the word.

And, yeah. What we have today was built on the foundations of yesteryear. This does not prove anything about either the intelligence then, or the intelligence now.

So I'm thinking you'll have to do better than this if you're to prove anything.

[edit on 7/12/2009 by Amaterasu]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Why would such a genetically challenged species appear?

Please don't misunderstand my point of view. I am not a so called evolutionist. I believe I fall closer to the place between ID and Creationism then I do the evolution theory.

My point was in respect to physical/visible racial differences. If we were indeed tampered with somewhere along the way, there was still physical changes that have likely occurred since then and these changes can be attributed to micro evolution/adaptation (not species jumping).

The fact that we have invented modern technologies to ease or make up for our short comings lessens our need to change physically. Our brains on the other hand are free to evolve further, but unless our heads start to grow then it will likely go unnoticed for now, from a visual stand point, unlike skin color or muscle mass etc.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Our brain capacity has been roughly the same for a long long time.

Without the use of technology and education people today do no better than they did 1000 years ago. There are plenty of tribes in the jungle that prove that.

Things that were difficult to learn 1000 years ago are no more easy to learn today. Greek maths and trigonometry are excellent examples of that. The Functions of Trig are still the same as they have always been and everyone finds them difficult even with all the advanced teaching techniques used these days.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Our brain capacity has been roughly the same for a long long time.

So you say. I provided evidence that this seems not to be the case. I asked for proof of your stance and did not get an answer that was satisfactory.

Your word here is just that.

Without the use of technology and education people today do no better than they did 1000 years ago. There are plenty of tribes in the jungle that prove that.

Tribes in jungles are separated from the bulk of humanity. This is no evidence either. And you cannot say that if you took our tech and education away, we would not do better than people from a century ago. You have no basis for this but your own guess.

Things that were difficult to learn 1000 years ago are no more easy to learn today. Greek maths and trigonometry are excellent examples of that. The Functions of Trig are still the same as they have always been and everyone finds them difficult even with all the advanced teaching techniques used these days.

"Difficult to learn" does not equate to proof that we, today,cannot learn it a bit more easily than people 1,000 years ago.

Until you can proove that people back then learned it at an equal rate as today, you have nothing here, again, but your best guess.

If you had said, "I suspect that we are not getting smarter," I would have accepted that. But you presented it as if you had facts, data, comparative studies. You have nothing but your best guess.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave

Why would such a genetically challenged species appear?

Please don't misunderstand my point of view. I am not a so called evolutionist. I believe I fall closer to the place between ID and Creationism then I do the evolution theory.

My point was in respect to physical/visible racial differences. If we were indeed tampered with somewhere along the way, there was still physical changes that have likely occurred since then and these changes can be attributed to micro evolution/adaptation (not species jumping).

The fact that we have invented modern technologies to ease or make up for our short comings lessens our need to change physically. Our brains on the other hand are free to evolve further, but unless our heads start to grow then it will likely go unnoticed for now, from a visual stand point, unlike skin color or muscle mass etc.

I am a partial evolutionist, in that I believe our planet's life, overall, did evolve. The Human Race, I believe based on evidence was genetically created by another race, which came from another location in the galaxy.

Yes, our outward appearances, which are very superficial and can be explained in the 200,000 years we have had to actually evolve from where ET's started us off at. Our brains may never get bigger. It may be that the grooves on our brains will increase (this is strongly correlated with intelligence - the more one has, the brighter one is).

Our skin and minor differences in features are really very small changes, genetically, but to us, as observers, seem great indeed.

My point in the previous post was that there is strong evidence that, indeed, it is most likely we were genetically modified as a race.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

You havent proved a thing you have just put forward another persons theory which you found on wiki. Theres a reason why no universities or colleges allow wiki to be used as a reputable source you know?

I take it you have never heard of the Antikythera mechanism?

I think your the one who is getting education confused with intelligence here. Taking an educated person and putting them in the jungle cant prove they are more intelligent because they have an unfair advantage over the natives.The person in the jungle untouched by modern education is no more intelligent than the same people who ran about in jungles 1000 years ago.

why did we have such a huge brain if we were so stupid 1000 years ago?

The burden of proof is not on me as im saying nothing has changed. If you think so strongly about your so called facts then it shouldnt be a problem for you to prove that we are 100's of times more intelligent now than we were 1000 years ago.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
i agree with a previous post, we all come from Africa, probably strated out black and as we moved to cooler, less sunny areas, our skin took on a different shade to adapt to the enviroment. Just think about the white person who stays in the sunny all year round, he is tanned. His kids will be born white but get a all year round tan, then their kids and so on. Eventually their skin becomes darker to suit their need for protection. Maybe we all started out a little brown skinned, then the ones who stayed in the sunny areas became black and the cooler climate people became white. Dont have an explantion for the Chinese, though it will have to do with where they live on earth no doubt.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

You havent proved a thing you have just put forward another persons theory which you found on wiki. Theres a reason why no universities or colleges allow wiki to be used as a reputable source you know?

Here is the PAPER from which the information at the site was taken:

cogprints.org...

memebox.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.indiana.edu...

Though the document suggests that expertise, not IQ, increases, what would drive the ability to become "more expert" now than before? Merely education? I suspect not.

I take it you have never heard of the Antikythera mechanism?

Yes, I have heard of it. Yes, that knowledge was lost... What's your point? That because knowledge was not passed down, we're less intelligent? If someone who used that device were to show me how it was used and constructed, I bet I could understand and use it.

It is not a measure of relative IQ if knowledge is not passed on. (And, conceivably, the design for the mechanism might have been given to humans - given the alien presence here on Earth).

I think your the one who is getting education confused with intelligence here. Taking an educated person and putting them in the jungle cant prove they are more intelligent because they have an unfair advantage over the natives.The person in the jungle untouched by modern education is no more intelligent than the same people who ran about in jungles 1000 years ago.

No... A person in the jungle, having lived within a constant dataset, is no more EDUCATED than one from long ago. And given that childhood is a key factor in "setting" one's ability to grasp things like language (children raised in stifled or wild environments who reach adulthood never fully grasp things like language that we take for granted), there is no way to establish with an adult population the innate IQ of the group being tested if they have not been exposed to concepts and methods of thinking.

why did we have such a huge brain if we were so stupid 1000 years ago?

There are several factors... Brain SIZE is one, brain CONVOLUTIONS (the peaks and valleys on the surface of the brain) is another, and actually, the latter is much more important than the former.

I did not say people were "stupid" 1,000 years ago. They were bright enough, but that we are brighter. And this may be attributed to increased convolutions, though I have not study to show that as necessarily true.

The burden of proof is not on me as im saying nothing has changed. If you think so strongly about your so called facts then it shouldnt be a problem for you to prove that we are 100's of times more intelligent now than we were 1000 years ago.

At least I have provided links. You have provided nothing but your words.

An outside observer might conclude that I have provided more to substantiate my position than you have yours.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yaxkin
You are the caretakers of earth, and you're failing..

not all some of us are still in concentration mode till awakned

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yaxkin
You are the caretakers of earth, and you're failing..

Um. Wrong. The lizard hearted are the "caretakers." We slave, we of human heart, are being dragged into it all kicking and screaming.

But we have power we don't know we have.

I illustrate this in my book, linked in my sig.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

ahh.. just as i thought. You have nothing but your ill conceived opinions and 1 link to someone else's theory. You will have to do better than that im afraid to prove your claims.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join