It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internal Security Act now in force in Phuket

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Internal Security Act now in force in Phuket

www.phuketgazette.net

The controversial Internal Security Act to ensure there is no disruption at the upcoming 42nd Asean Ministers Meeting is now in force, but very few locals will have noticed any difference.

Military hardware, much of it on flatbed trucks, rolled onto the island yesterday afternoon.

“Phuket must have no protests whatsoever,” he said.

“No areas will be designated for demonstrations, there will be no road blockages, and there will be no protest letters submitted.

“Not even a peaceful gathering is allowed.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I spoke to a friend today who lives in the area and she, also an expat living in Thailand, has received in the post a letter from the police.

She said the letter contains lots of rules about what you can and cannot do but the scariest one is that the police/military are allowed to enter, search and seize anything from your house without warning!!!

She is a single lady living alone and the police here are totally corrupt untrustworthy! I told her to check into a hotel.

www.phuketgazette.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Knowing the people from Thailand and from their previous history of protest... believe me, you'll see clashes between protesters and police.

Seriously, this kind of oppression is despicable and for this reason alone, the summit should be boycotted.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Thai Army Issuing Color-Coded Permits for Asean

PHUKET residents who live within five kilometres of Laguna Phuket and others who go within that zone to work are being issued with color-coded vehicle permit stickers

As per usual here in Thailand, nobody knows WTF is going on. Phuket is a small Island and everyone is confused as to whether or not they will need to go register and get a pass.

I have been living here for four years. The report says I need my house registration papers! I rent an apartment, I don't have these papers!

Looks like I will have to stay home for the next two weeks. Another nail in the tourism coffin.

Phuket Wan here

[edit on 12-7-2009 by muddyhoop]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by muddyhoop

Aren't you mad about all this? Maybe that's just me, but my government doing this would end up in riots...

What's up with freedom in Thailand? Is the population allowed to have guns?

new topics

top topics

join