It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom went missing ?? Man speaks Alex Jones and gets Arrested.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
hmm think of it, if there were several protest groups with several mega phones going on in the same area it might get a bit outta of hand, perhaps there's a point not to the law.
I hate to say this ,but I have to kinda side with the officers, they remained cool , they tried walking away, but he kept fallowing them and yelling at them. This might be deemed harassing a Police Office interfering with their duty.
This said the guy gets 6 gold stars for be being mad as hell and not wanting to take it any more, Damn if there were only many fold more of creatures like him we just might have hope.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by OpusMarkII]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
This is what you get for having a monarch still.

You should have guillotined the royal family like your neighbors the French did a few centuries ago. But its too late for that.

Now look, you don't have a chance in hell to revolt for your freedoms.

Gun control works, ask Stalin, Hitler, Mao, or Queen Elizabeth

My great great great grandfather shot redcoats for the right for me to say that. ____ the Queen!

Monarchs = Tyrants. Always has been , always will be.

And yes, it is legal for me a descendant of the American War of Independence to say what I said. Get rid of the monarchy like we did.

If ATS allows me to say "overthrow Saddam" than I can rightfully say today "Overthrow the Queen".

Or don't. Its your freedom Britain. Its up to you if you want it or not.

Remember you have every right to oppose a Monarch. That is rule # 1 of "democracy".

If you do not like violence, just turn the royal family into normal citizens. It can be done bloodlessly. Strip them of the crown. Than you may be free of the tyranny of a monarch.

The Queen can abolish Parliament remember? And the People can abolish the Monarch!

Please!

As far as I Know!

USA is still a part of the Virginia Corporation under London City control? no?

Peace!

[edit on 11-7-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

The peasants have no say in the kingdom. What the queen wants, the queen gets.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I only watched the first part of it, after one of the officers talked on the camera, and i must say this guy was being very disturbitive to use a megaphone in such an area, the officer was right, he was not being calm or going to discuss anything, simply being flat out ignorant and annoying IMO.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
It is likely a city bylaw there that it was breach of peace.

I thought the coppers were quite professional in their actions, polite, calm, rational and fair. Who wants to go to a park to have an un-announced protest(er) appear? Even here you need a permit to protest.

The dumbest thing this guy did was take a 10 yr old boy with him to do this. His kid was terrified and traumatized by the entire spectacle. He is lucky the cop asked some adult to care for the kid and didn't call child services.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The police, individually, can be nice individuals, just like anyone else. Collectively though, in a large group, they become fascist thugs who delight in each other's company and in cracking skulls. The power of it excites them. They become the self-perceived masters and gods.

Just ask the Miners who dared to strike in '84, or more recently, the G8 protests in London, where the Police covered up their numbers to avoid accountability, hence why the man in the video made a point of shouting the Police officer's numbers.

I happily wager the good treatment of the man whilst being taken into custody was down to the video cameras, although it's not beyond the police to attempt to destroy them.

Note the welfare of the Man's son came as an afterthought to the police.

The police like political protests, mostly because the people at them are overtly peaceful, enabling the police to go about Cracking skulls a-plenty. Give the police a scenario of a street fight? Well, I have heard of incidents of the police sitting in their cars and watching rather than intervene.

And to the American, muzzleflash, who delights in convincing himself and Britons that his country is more free than the UK: Please don't get too comftable and smug. Your Presidents are your modern monarchs, and your governments and corporations and families are the aristocrats who own America.

They are ruthless and cold, and I'm pleased to see Americans at this site realise this.

Don't think you would be able to protest for long in your city park either with a loudspeaker either.

At the very least I can say the police over here are only in the minority armed, unlike where you are. Something I am quite thankful for, in consideration that the Police act unquestionably as the tools of an State that can be ruthless and oppressive and will deal with opposition as it sees fit.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Regensturm]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by suzque66
Who wants to go to a park to have an un-announced protest(er) appear? Even here you need a permit to protest.

You don't need a permit to protest in the UK (except in the exclusion zone around parliament). For a static protest it's considered a courtesy to inform the police beforehand, but you don't have to. However, since he was walking around what he was doing could technically be considered a march. For a march you have to inform the police, they can't stop you having the march, but they can impose restrictions on the number of people, route, duration, etc.

Personally, I think he should have stopped and talked to them instead of walking away and being dismissive. He likely would have been told to keep it down a bit and left about his business.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join