It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Tunnel from Edwards AFB to Roswell to Area 51?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
A friend of mine worked as maintenance at Edwards AFB a while back. He told me there is a persistent rumor that a secret tunnel system runs from Edwards to Roswell, then on to Area 51. He felt there might be some truth to it.

I think it's unbelievable, but was wondering if anyone else had heard about this before.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I would not be surprised. There is many underground tunnels. I feel the government dosn't want us to know that. I have heard of many underground tunnels and I am not surprised if this story is true.

Beware of the tunnel. I would like to sneek in.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zuzubar
I would not be surprised. There is many underground tunnels. I feel the government dosn't want us to know that. I have heard of many underground tunnels and I am not surprised if this story is true.

Beware of the tunnel. I would like to sneek in.

Thanks for the reply, Zuzubar. Where did you find out about these tunnels?

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well I have seen numerous websites and telivision programs. Let me ask you this. Why do you think the government dosn't want us to go into certain caves? Sure the real answer is to not disrupt nature but the government dosn't want you to know. Tunnels are known to exist.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This guy posted a map and it's ok to use it here.
He also has a picture of what he claims to be a nuclear tunneling machine.
hometown.aol.com...

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
hmm did your friend mention WHERE the tunnel started on the AFB?

bwt, why do they have it leading to catalina island? I don;t thnik there's anythinf of significance there. But after all, thats what they want us to think.

Anyone with info on Catalina?

[Edited on 7-5-2004 by Socalbmx]

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Catalina is mentioned here among many others

www.anomalies-unlimited.com...

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well guys, I really don't think there's a tunnel. Let's face, if there were, it would probably be the world's longest tunnel project. And then how would the government keep the construction secret? Then next item would be a ventilation system. There's no way you could provide adequate ventilation just from the ends. That mean you would have to have above ground stations at regular intervals along the route sucking out stale air and pumping in fresh. As far as a nuclear tunneling machine goes, who needs it? They could use the same type of equipment they used on the chunnel project between England and France.

I haven't bothered, but has anyone figured out just how many miles we would be talking about? And why to Roswell? There's no base there. They just gathered up dbris in the fourties and that was that. BTW, back then they didn't have the kind of tunneling equipment they have today.

I think we ought to get Mythbusters on this one!

MTZ

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
If Edwards is a SAC base (i dont remember) then most likely it would have underground tunnels as to where they would go.... Roswell and Area 51 sound unlikely...
They may have the tunnels for the Nuclear technology that they would have close at hand....

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
So can anyone tell me why the sign says

USAF
ICBM --'can't make this word out"
TRW START
Dec 14 1982

You sure it's just not something they dig the ICBM silos with?

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Sorry for 2 posts in a role..don;t want to lose the location of my image in above post.
Here is a link to a better picture, the sign is not as blurred. Look at it...
USAF
ICBM-----
TRW START
DEC 14 1982

I can no longer find the pic on the DOE website, which is where this pic came from

www.sauderzone.com...

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The full picture from the link makes me think it was a sign used at a dedication ceremony for the boring machine. The machine is so clean you can tell is hasn't been underground yet. The "TRW" probably refers to the contractor who built the machine. I don't think this does anything to support the original idea of this thread. Military bases do have tunnels, look at SAC and NORAD bases, but I highly doubt they go from Edwards to Roswell to A51.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
I don't think this does anything to support the original idea of this thread. Military bases do have tunnels, look at SAC and NORAD bases, but I highly doubt they go from Edwards to Roswell to A51.

That was my intent. To show that this pic is of something else.
I am aware that bases have tunnels. Hell Carsbad Caverns has tons of them used (natural and manmade) for Civil Defense storage.
Oklahoma City has a huge underground tunnel network downtown, as does Houston...But that is off topic.
I was just trying to point out that it is probably for somthing else.

If you want to look at underground bases.. go here..
www.sauderzone.com...

[Edited on 8-5-2004 by NetStorm]

[Edited on 8-5-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Netstorm, I fully agree. Having the whole picture was helpful for putting it in context.

I checked out the map from the link provided. It looks more like something done at a kitchen table rather than something done by the government. BTW, I would think a lot of this would have to be a matter of public record so as not to interfere with things such as underground oil and gas pipelines. That is unless of course, these tunnels are really deep.

[Edited on 5/8/2004 by CommonSense]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Nobody really knows what all technology the gov. had and when. As far as tunneling goes no problem, if you use those machines then in theory nobody on the surface notices a thing since its all under ground all the time. And as for ventilation the could just use a train like a subway with its own oxygen supply. As for vibrations well the gov. controls the records of any sesimic activity. Anything felt by the people is disregarded as a small quake or your washing machine. Next they can blame anything on AT&T or something. Then a cover up can be made. And those tunnelers go fast enough to do the job and move on before it draws a ton of attention.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Well, I'm still not convinced, myself.

For one thing, why do people think the tunneling machines are nuclear powered?

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I doubt that thereis such a tunnel. First off, Area 51 is a Special Access Facility. everyone who works there needs a special clearance to go to the base, so it's extreemly unlikely that anyone has clearance and a need to go to all three bases. The only exception might be NSA doing their semiannual security visits. And why would you spend a fortune on a tunnel that is only going to be used twice a year at most. The costs and the security risks are not worth the benefits.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm
So can anyone tell me why the sign says

USAF
ICBM --'can't make this word out"
TRW START
Dec 14 1982

You sure it's just not something they dig the ICBM silos with?

I have a feeling that the word you can't make out is 'BORE'

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
. As far as a nuclear tunneling machine goes, who needs it? They could use the same type of equipment they used on the chunnel project between England and France.

The differance is that a nuclear tunneling machine would melt the rock, leaving glass walls and no excess muck to be desposed of. The chunnel excavated an enourmous amount of muck and the machines put up a cement wall after it had passed.

US Patent No. 3,693,731, 26 Sep 1972

Useing only electric vehicles would greatly reduce the need of ventalation...They could grow plants to freshen up the air. There are ways to get around a lack of ventalation.
There is also the possibility that they could be used as high speed mag-lev train tunnels if they were a vacuum.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Zero_snaz,
Tell me, do ya really think there's a tunnel covering that distance? I haven't checked your patent reference but, is it merely a concept or has one been built? With that kind of radiation, how many people died in the process?

Just curious.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join