It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't worry about the CIA on ATS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Don't worry about the CIA being here on ATS or Farcebunk/Twatter/Myspazz etc...

Worry about your employer! Let's be frank, the CIA probably are on ATS and no doubt can have access to any personal information you've ever put out online or on your home computer, if they want it, no worries, they got it by legal means or not - I'm sure that this also goes for any intelligence agency depent on the nation your resident in. I'm sure the CIA are flagging me as a "danger" to MI6 now (half lol)...

So, I'm involved in a disciplinary action at work... not to go into too much detail, but I've been suspended pending investigation, unfortunately I am now long-term sick. Amongst other things I have been alleged to have been "Defaming my manager and the company" on Farcebunk. Of course this is nonsense, because a) I'm not that stupid (it would also be unproffesional) b) My account is set to private c) No one I work with is a "friend" on there...

Now, I've been in the position of interviewing people for jobs and checked out their social network(s), just to get an idea of what they're really like and it occurred to me work would do this, so I've never had a "public" account or been friends with anyone from work that I didn't consider a "real" friend.

Hearing from someone within work it has been made clear that they do monitor employees on Farcebunk (etc). So be careful what you say online, they'll be watching.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
How can they monitor on facebook if they can't acces your private profile?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I don't think they have, it seems to be a bluff...

My point is that they are watching those that are accessible, which may seem like "No shucks Sherlock" - yet how messed-up is it where employers are actively looking into peoples lives outside of work.

I would've said "private" lives, but if you're putting things in a public domain...

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Reply to post by _Phoenix_

"How can they monitor on facebook if they can't acces your private profile?"

I have to say that was one of the most ignorant statements I've ever read on ATS.
The CIA runs Facebook, you honestly believe they can't access private profile?
And if you dont believe me, there is a whole thread about it here on ATS. the guy that started Facebook was CIA.

Back on topic, You do not need to worry about CIA on ATS. Who you do have to worry about are NSA.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Crooks In Action

Thanks for the 50+ years of instigated wars you started - hopefully one day there will be no need for legal crime mafias like yours - and the people will truly be free - and free to live in peace.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Does anyone else have similar experience? I know of a couple of cases where people "pulled sickies" and then posted on farcebunk about their previous night out etc...

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
While I can sympathize, I disarm such radical HR personelle by being pretty much up front and honest about my life. I don't say things outside of work that are not consistant with who I am at work. If my bosses have a problem with some opinion or point of view of mine, I honestly could not care less. If they fire me, it is their loss, not mine. I can get a new job within a few days.

That being said, a person should always be professional while being honest. Don't slander or libel people just because you don't like them. Don't tell lies and don't release information that is meant to be confidential unless you are whistle blowing a problem (at least on that point, you are covered by whistleblower laws to some extent).

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Thing is, I have been totally professional, I'd consider it embarassing not to be and I am upfront and honest (I think that might be the problem).

The issue I have is that whilst I have pertained to the above, it concerns me that there may be events in my life that are completely non-applicable to work (relationships, bereavement etc) that are being viewed by some corporate entity... or that they're trying.

Yes, anyone that would want to access my information and not be concerned about the legality of it, well I consider that a possibility, but don't worry about that, as I said I had my "identity" stolen and it was a pain in the butt and it could happen again, but I consider that to be like worrying about "the sky falling" it might happen...!

Yet, it seems to imply some level of preemptive distrust on the part of my employer. Again, I've conducted myself with the utmost professionalism constantly and at times under duress, although that happens in any job.

Think that last bit really sums it up, the whole mentality of actively monitoring employees outside of their work-life.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Many people don't realize that what they post on their stupid social networking sites are accessible by pretty much anyone that wants to know about them. I've seen people that post their hometown, name, date of birth, photographs, etc on their pages. Then when they end up in trouble for posting something moronic like "hurr 420 lol I smoke da dopez wit' my homiez hurr", they become outraged that someone would have the audacity to search them out. Fact is, if the CIA wants to know your whereabouts, or anything else about you, they're going to find it. You are correct sir, what they should be worried about is nosey neighbors and employers. Please people, cut that mess out on your myspace pages. Limit everything you put on the internet to information that in no way, shape, or form can be used to identify you. Even if your profiles are "private" there are still extremely simple ways to pull the data off of them. In fact, certain google search functions and operators can be used to access parts of websites that would normally be considered "off limits" to a normal user.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 222938

Ok, so posting in my "Noobtard" guise, what would these google searches be? Genuinely, I've never posted any derogatory comments about work - possibly never ANY comments about it - I consider that off limits, anything along those lines I'd confine to personal messages and even then only to long-term friends not related to work at all. The most "edgy" things on my farcebunk are of me drunk dancing or asleep, pretty embarassing, but hardly work related, certainly nothing involving "sickness" or "illegal" at all.

I work online on the basis that anyone can see it, even if I've privatised it as much as I can.

I still wonder if anyone else on ATS has any personal experience of this?

cdi

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

it is unfortunate to read that you are in a ways targeted by your bosses.
with your sincerity and honesty i hope this situation is resolved on a nice professional level.
with regards to the theme of this post, i for one understood from the onset that the powers of agency have unlimited access to all our details. to be used against us? who knows! only time will tell. their presence should be assumed at all times. you never know they may be doing their homework and getting up to speed on topics as part of their Continuing Pofessional Development!
regards cdi.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

The whole world already knows The Truth.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeetontheconspiracy
Back on topic, You do not need to worry about CIA on ATS. Who you do have to worry about are NSA.

Okay, I am worried about the NSA then. What's the worst that could happen as a consequence of my posts on here?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Hahah CIA founded facebook

lool

this kid here, Haha he was 19 when facebook started back in 2004

en.wikipedia.org...

come on now lets stop being silly

[edit on 12-7-2009 by dino1989]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
How can they monitor on facebook if they can't acces your private profile?

Perhaps your not aware that you do not need to be in the cia to open a locked fb or ms account.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
As a former Network Admin I can say that if you use the companies network to access the Internet we know everything! passwords emails IM's what pictures your looking at... if the puter your using has a web cam we can, surveillance-like camera record what you do in detail every keystroke.

Do a google search on software like Spector 360... Track4Win... SurveilStar... there are other, lots of others but the secong you log in using a company/government computer we know everything...

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
keystroke loggers...ip loggers...

it is so easy...I saw someone who said they are a former NA...I am IT security right now for my civvie job...it isn't difficult to see what someone is up to

-Kyo

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I don't see what the worry is to be honest.

The CIA is not a corporation I'd be scared of. They operate by Dividing & Conquering and through FEAR

F - alse

E - vidence

A - ppearing

R- eal

new topics

top topics

join