It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands swarm desecrated Illinois cemetery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
i dont even know what to say !!!

'' NBC, msnbc.com and news services
updated 4:49 p.m. ET July 11, 2009 ''

Thousands swarm desecrated Illinois cemetery
Relatives’ search for loved ones’ burial plots hampered by lack of maps.

MSNBC - Thousands swarm desecrated Illinois cemetery

ALSIP, Ill.
Thousands of relatives hoping to find their loved ones showed up Saturday as officials exhumed one grave in a cemetery where four former employees are accused of digging up and dumping hundreds of bodies in a scheme to resell plots.

One body was found in the exhumed grave at the historic black cemetery, the Cook County sheriff said, despite an earlier report that two bodies were there. The former workers also have been accused of burying some bodies in shared graves.

Authorities closed Burr Oak Cemetery, home to the graves of civil rights-era lynching victim Emmett Till and blues singer Dinah Washington, on Friday and declared portions a crime scene. Saturday, lines snaked out of white tents where relatives filled out forms in an effort to find their loved ones' bodies.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

It's just another example of corruption and an enormous lack of respect. I don't believe that bodies are at piece in their gravees or anything like God and so on, but what I do believe in is respect. When dead you should be left alone as a mark of this (not that the dead will actually care) for the sake of the living. It's sick that someone would come

Ramadwarf on immoralities

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Maybe the way we treat our dead is a good sign of how we treat our living.

People that are alive get tossed aside like these poor souls daily, and some people are too arrogant or ignorant to care.

This is not surprising., shocking and sickening but not surprising. Although I don't put much merit on worshipping the dead body who's soul has long gone, but in the very least if these people had gone to the plots more often they would notice that the sites were different from when the burial actually occured. These people likely knew who got visitors and who didn't so they could get away with it so long.

I also think these people were not the first to invent this scam, maybe the first to be caught. (or not even the first to be caught?)

[edit on 12-7-2009 by suzque66]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

You know, I don't think anything matters when we are dead.

I know that people would like to find their loved ones' graves - but I believe that it really doesn't matter.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Ofcourse the ones in the grave dont care, or even know about it.
It is the families of the dead that gets the blow.

It costs alot of money to replace a tombstone..

new topics

top topics

join