It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDEA: The Important Post Panel.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hello,

I have a idea:

Each thread should have a addition, a important post panel, accesible by everyone. Editable on a low level by users with +10 stars on his/her posts in the thread. Editable by the OP and Mods.

No IPP'ing replys, except when they have a X amount of stars. Depends on how big the thread is.

There should be a team of IPP volounteers. Make a nice banner and ask active members to help out. Ofcourse these members have to be highly active ones with high post counts to get in.

This way members can flag important posts so we don't have to scroll through those huge threads we have.

Shouldn't be hard to code and can save a lot of useless traffic.

Opinions?

[edit on 11-7-2009 by PureET]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Yes... I used paint.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This might be better suited for: ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

Prepare for closure!

-Dev

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PureET
There should be a team of IPP volounteers.

You volunteering?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PureET

I'm down with your idea PureET! I suggested something similar here, www.abovetopsecret.com... but found little support.

For those of you that fail to check the link, it's about ATS creating a separate page for applauded posts. A chance for further exposure of threads Mods feel worthy of drawing attention to. An applauded threads only page to safeguard against quality topics being overlooked.

I for one would dig an applauded thread page!

top topics

join