It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beep, beep- Anyone been hearing weird beeps in their home or elsewhere?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CrownPrincess

Every 30 seconds, I would be so annoyed. Since I last posted to this thread I haven't heard any random beeping noises (not tinnitus). But a month ago I heard a random tune, while I was outside, it sounded like the "mocking jay" call from the movie "hunger games". Also I was talking to my bro last week and he said he randomly heard a snippet of the theme song from the move "poltergeist (circa 1980). I know it's weird, but I would like to think I'm a sane person and that unexplained events just happen in many of our lives sometimes.
Maybe cern being used this year is having weird inter-dimensional affects on our world? Or perhaps there's a much logical explanation? Or maybe we'll never know what it means or the cause.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I've actually heard it on some nights. It seems that it is coming from outside and it is in the air. That is the only way i can describe it. It's a weird electronic sound but not really coming from any direction.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

My phone does all sorts of strange beeps that I don't program in. Like when the battery is full, the noise is makes. Took me forever to figure out hat the heck that noise was.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Beep Beep, it's the road runner, he will run after you.
If he catches you your through.
But, yeah, in the last day or two I have heard faint beeps coming from any or all of my internet and phone devices, faint, can;t really locate which one or ones. Figure maybe it's some new phone tapping or probe being brought online by any number of potential actors. Thought I was getting delusional, but too late! ; ) Glad to have spooky quantum corroboration though.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Add me to this to. About 2 days ago at 8am I heard a very loud short fast beep only 1 time. I thought it was my smoke detector because I just moved into a new apartment but after I got home from work I ran it threw a test cycle it sounded nothing like that it was a completely different sound. My windows were closed to at the time and it sounded like it was in my room only thing is I just moved and I didn't have most of my stuff yet. I have not heard it since and still cant figure this one out. It scared the # out of me because I was sound asleep at the time to. I should point out I have no hearing problems to

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I heard noises while hearing music saying beep beep and it wasn't a part of the track either

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I hear a beep too. Not constant, but on and off. With periods of time in between. It sounds like a crackly digital watch. It sounds like it comes from outside. . .but can never find the source. Also not confined to the house. Almost like it comes from inside the head. . .
edit on 1292015 by absentia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I have fiber to the house, as do most of my neighbors. Our ODU (outdoor unit) has a battery backup system and when the battery is aged, it beeps every minute.

Many smoke, fire and CO detectors will also beep when they need serviced or replaced.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This is an old thread but I figured I'd bump it rather than start a new one.

For a while I've occasionally heard disembodied electronic whirring noises that sound like they're coming from inside my walls. The house was built in the 1970's and hasn't had any renovations. Last night I was all curled up ready to sleep at about 02.30, when I heard a distinct "beep-beep" noise that sounded like it was coming from inside my pillow (obviously there are no electronic devices hidden inside my pillow, not unless the Illuminati are really stepping up their game).

I don't have tinnitus, my laptop was on the other side of the room (and I've never heard a laptop beep like that), nor was it my phone. I have no surge protector either, all my electrics are hooked up to a powerboard that runs across my bed and isn't advanced enough to beep, seeing as it likes to send up sparks whenever I plug something in, due its advanced age. This is pre-beep technology. Besides, the sound wasn't coming from its direction.

I have many things, but one thing I lack is a tick tracer. Unless it's radioactive, I can't measure or detect it. I've never had a reason to detect electrics. But I am determined to find this goddamn thing, whatever it is. It whirs and beeps. Can anybody point me in the direction of a good device to use for this purpose?

There are no smoke alarms in my house, so it is not a smoke alarm. No inbuilt fans or heating/cooling systems, we have aircon but only on the ground floor. What electric device could have been put inside the walls of a house built in the 1970's? It sounds like a moving security camera, but I highly doubt any wandering perverts have come along to install a very hidden camera in my room. It's only in my bedroom by the way.
edit on 21/12/1515 by DeepThoughtCriminal because: aliens

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Humanity especially in cities are being bombarded by radiowaves and other frequencies via cell site towers. People who are sensitive to this signals can be detected and the result differs from different person. It might sound beep to a certain person or anxiety. I am very aware of this but humanity just seems to ignore. Our brains works in an electronic level. The closest thing that works like our brain is cellphone a reply to: wylekat

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
we have either crappy electrical wiring coming into the house, or a crappy electric company, not sure which. but well, occasionally, the charge gets interupted not enough for the lights to go off but it kind of resets all the clocks and well, there's a few things that will beep to let you know that they are coming back to life, like the microwave.
at least that's what I think it is... crappy wiring somewhere along the line...

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I occasionally hear unexplainable beeping, but can also hear electricity (as can another member of my family). I have never been able to track down the source of the beeping though.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Its most likely the ripple that turns your off peak hot water on, they beep when they come on or go off , or both. Its a signal when the grid is producing to much power and then uses it to heat water, which could end up very expensive if it didn't have this , if you had the immersion heater just plugged into an ordinary socket, you would wonder where your money went. Not many people know that.
In fact talking of money and power prices, where I am it would save thousands a year, by installing Victorian technology, in the home. Ironic that a leap backwards would do this, If I ran the hot water of off a wood burning stove, my electric bill would plummet.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Well this is a really odd and coincidental thread to have popped up for me. I have heard an odd beeping in my house twice now on successive days in my bedroom. I even brought my wife in when I heard it but it stopped the minute I said something to her which was odd. I first heard it right when I woke up and it sounded like it was in my bed/pillow/headboard. It went on for long enough that time that I was able to get out of bed and actually look for the source but could not find one. It was very faint but was audible. I even went upstairs to my kids rooms to see if it was a toy that was on, but it was coming from my room. It happened a little later that day again, and again the next day. I have not heard it since though, so I really can't guess as to what it was or where whatever it was is located.

Anywho...strange that this thread pops up.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   

I been hearing a strange beeping noise in my home, Cannot find it.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Amaterasu

I'm glad you posted. My Tinnitus is constant, high pitched however at times it roars and it's like cicadas outside. I don't get beeps like you say.

I'd like the occasional beep instead of the endless noise in my ears.

kind regards,

bally

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I'm here to rule out smoke alarms..i had a strange experience. Years ago I was sitting on the couch with someone and I randomly heard this beep beep followed by what sounded like something vibrating. I never had heard this before it sounded like it came from the couch I was on so I ask who I was with what it was and they said they didn't hear anything but it was loud enough to me that they would. I looked around couldn't find anything it was weird I seriously thought who I was with had a vibrater well it's be more then 15 years and I heard it again this time it freaked me out cause I was with the same person in a car and I heard the samething minus the vibrate but the same beep beep. I knew instantly that it was the same sound i heard years ago But it came from there phone this person didn't have a cell phone when this first happened so that's not it... But the strangerthing was the person who I was with noticed the sound and said is that my phone ringing? and note that wasn't the sound of there ringtone or anything that made a sound on the phone. When i said no the person laughed and quickly said i always mess things up. And when I told them later the expearence they said they didn't remember saying that at all. Very strange experience. Never happened except for those 2 times

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join