It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beep, beep- Anyone been hearing weird beeps in their home or elsewhere?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hopefully, this has parked itself in the grey area.

For a long time, I have been hearing beeps, and other electronic noises in the house. I never can trace down the noise- and I am sure 100% it isn't anything I own. There was once what I KNOW to have been a watch alarm going off- except the thing had to have been going off either in the wall, or right outside the window. The tipping point was when I was helping a friend of mine- THEY heard a weird beep.. and knowing they don't have any electronic items in their house that beep, either. I just mentioned it was something I had done- and left it at that.

Has anyone else had this phenomenon? Weird beeps that cant be traced, odd noises that cant be found, and you're sure it isn't any of your stuff? Any theories what could be causing it?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It seems a bit too obvious but have you checked the batteries in your smoke detectors? Assuming you have one or two, of course.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

It could be the Ashtar Federation trying to beep you into clarity of awareness.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Yes! I definetly have! I never thought much of it until now, just passed it off as some weird ear problem!

I do have mild tinitus, but it's nothing like beeps or anything. And I know it's not electronical, it usually happens when I move things and the other day it happened when I opened a door

Speaking of my tinitus, I have an almost constant high pitched noise ringing in my ears. Whenever I go near electronical things, the pitch fluctuates. It's the same when there's bats flying around. what does this mean? anybody know?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
OMG. For a while there, from a corner of my small apartment that had boxes that had been in storage for a year or so, would come these beeps. I though they were coming from something that maybe fell between the boxes (but what it might be, I hadn't a clue). Nothing was between the boxes. Or behind them.

I even thought to post a thread about them, but thought that might make me look...er...loony.

I heard them also in the bedroom, and thought there might be a device of mine - but what it could be I couldn't figure out.

But... Um... Yeah. I have heard anomalous beeps.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Interesting. I did have something like this happen to me years ago (about 8 years ago to be exact). It was about 11:30 at night here in Dallas. I was living in a two bedroom apartment with my wife. We had just gone to bed and were drifitng into alpha sleep when I heard a 2 second beep at about 14KHz. I have tinnitus and have had it since I was very young. It is a side effect of my progressive hearing loss that my dad gave to me as a genetic gift.

Anyway, I was struck by how clear and solid it was... no harmonics like I normally get with tinnitus. In addition it started and stopped very cleanly instead of fading off like the "ringing" normally does. I commented out loud, "that was strange". My wife turned to me and said, "you heard it too?" That caught me off guard. We turned on the light and started searching under the bed and around the bed for the source of the noise. Nothing in our room made a sound like that -- even the smoke detectors.

We never did find the source of the sound and it never happened again.

CX

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
To the OP....do you have kids?

I ask because if you do, thier bedrooms can be a great source for weird noises. Toys have all sorts of sounds these days, and they can go off when you last expect them.

Could it be the hourly beep on a watch?

Maybe the beeping of something like a smoke alarm that needs the batteries replacing?

Is it definately from your house? Could it be a neighbours house that it's beeping from and you're just hearing it?

CX.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Here I thought it was just me. I've been hearing beeps once in awhile, but there's nothing that beeps like that in the house. No watches, cell phone is right here, wife's cell phone is accounted for, computer doesn't beep. I"m a computer, electronics, technology guy, and if there was something that beeped, I'd know about it. I've even looked for it, and nothing. Nada. Zilch as to what could be causing periodic random beeps. I just figured I was losing my mind, and kinda got used to the idea.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
Here I thought it was just me. I've been hearing beeps once in awhile, but there's nothing that beeps like that in the house. No watches, cell phone is right here, wife's cell phone is accounted for, computer doesn't beep. I"m a computer, electronics, technology guy, and if there was something that beeped, I'd know about it. I've even looked for it, and nothing. Nada. Zilch as to what could be causing periodic random beeps. I just figured I was losing my mind, and kinda got used to the idea.

Yeah, me too. And BTW, I have tinnitus, too (as mentioned by other posters). I wonder if there is a connection... Do you have tinnitus...?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I had this happening on and off for a few months, a strange beeping would start around the same time every night for about 10 seconds and then stop. I looked all over the house every time it happened but it took me months to finally find the source.

It turned out that my ipod alarm accidentally got set for 12 a.m. so every time I had left my headphones plugged in to the unit, it happened. The thing is, I would go weeks without leaving the headphones plugged in so the beeps went away, then suddenly they would come back...drove me absolutely crazy and I felt like a complete idiot once I finally figured it out.

Good luck finding the source, I wouldn't get too paranoid about it because it's probably just some stupid gadget.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by Discordia23]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by impala67

It's the same when there's bats flying around. what does this mean?

Ew. Your hearing is either damaged or it's changing so you can pick up hypersonic sounds. A way to test it is with a dog whistle and a friend who isn't a jerk. I have the same prob- I can 'hear' bats, tvs, malfunctioning fluorescent lights, and the list goes on..... I can miss someone talking to me in a crowded restaurant, but I can hear someone drop a coin from 10s of feet away.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Nope, not smoke detectors. (I need to get one, just in case... I know. Responsible is NOT my middle name). Those things when the battery gets low LET YOU KNOW with a beep that's nothing like what I describe. What I hear is sometimes a low beep, once or twice... sometimes, it sounds like a watch, and it's always never trackable. It's almost like the time I lost my cellphone under the bed- the noise was never easily found, but it did it enough where I COULD eventually track it down. That's a sticking point of this thread- the beeping is so random, so occasional (weeks, months) that it's nearly impossible to find. I'd also like to add, I cleaned up where I am living, and I know there's nothing in here with batteries, no running watches besides mine, one functioning cellphone, and the others I have ended up with are in a pile, so I know where they are.

The noise isn't confined to the house. I have heard it outdoors, too...

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

No kids. I have 2 cats, and I can account for what they play with- just not where it all might be.

Scary thing was the morning I woke up and heard a couple- it was under the mattress that time, but I knew for a fact, all that was under me WAS mattress!

Mebbe *I* beep?? And I don't mean my watch, either. Wrong type of sound, and I disabled the alarm some time ago.... :p

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

A bit, but I know the difference between that and a beep.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I am so happy you posted - I'm glad someone else had the courage to start this topic.

I have a long history of hearing strange beeps - which just starting up once again. I also have mild tinnitus but other people in my family also hear the beeps/rings.

About 10 years ago, our phone would ring once or twice in the middle of the night. This wasn't a normal telephone ring - it was a very light ring.
After a few weeks of this happening we called the telephone company. The repairman apologized for this happening to us and made the very strange recommendation of finding a Panasonic phone at a garage sale. Even stranger about a week later we stopped by a garage sale and found a panasonic phone - it stopped the rings.

We move out of State and the rings started-up again. The telephone company tested the line and it sounded just like the light ring during the night. The telephone company tried to tell us it was just something the carriers do - no one else I knew had these rings.

We also lived in an apartment and had a battery operated cookie jar that would repeat a recorded message when the lid was lifted. Almost every morning when the shades were opened, the cookie jar would play the recorded message. The jar was at least 15 feet away from the shades.

Just a few weeks ago, electronic equipment started beeping at night.

I know most beeps are just a low battery signal or something like that - but I still can't explain the light phone rings or the cookie jar recording.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
So far, the only constants are: Tinnitus ( I have a touch), and the fact that not only are we able to hear this stuff, others can, too. And NO ONE (with the obvious problems of actual electronic equipment doing fun things) can usually find the source.

My theory. Go gentle, please. Those of us with the tinnitus are actually producing the sounds somehow- our ears (Brains? I am out of organs that can do this, minus mouths) produce it? As to the mechanics of it, I am fully out of ideas. A second theory *gets out the tinfoil hat* would be for whatever insane reason, we're the target of 'covert' troops that have a cloaking ability.

Hey- it's late, I'm tired, I am going to bed- I figure I'll start off with the truly nuts, and we can all work down from there.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Hi, just to add more thought to the tinitus theory... I do not have tinitus and have had no such beeps as you guys are describing. I do occassionally have an odd series of beeps or noises come through speakers if my mobile phone is close to them. I have no idea what causes that, but it is a random occurance.
Stay alert, Cheers.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Hey I'm inclined to believe these beeps have nothing to do with spooky or covert things. I've heard the beeps within the last two months at least three times, twice in my boyfriend's truck and once in my mother's suv. It would beep just once lasting maybe a second. All three of these instances I had my cell phone with me. The reason I think it's the cellphone is in 2003 my boyfriend and I drove to Jacksonville, Florida and that's when I first heard these kinds of beeps. Between Pensacola and Tallahassee there was a dead zone at least in 2003, meaning they didn't have any cell towers in that area. My BF's phone would beep, roaming for a signal, the beeps sounded just like the ones I recently heard.

The odd thing is I live in a large community with so many cell towers there shouldn't be any reason my phone would be beeping every blue moon. However with so many big companies and governmental agencies nearby who maybe using various radio frequencies they could be interfering with cellphone signals every so often. Hah just a thought!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Yup, I havbe tinitus too.... I hear high pitched, low pitched tones allllllll of the time....so much that I can tune them out sometimes now even...

Also the beeps, I do think sometimes they are in my head too, but sometimes other people hear them too sooooo hmmmm I hope someone else can she light on that one...lol

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
reply to post by Amaterasu

A bit, but I know the difference between that and a beep.

Yes, I am sure the beeps are not tinnitus. Nothing like it. Very much like an electronic device.

But it is interesting to note that those of us who have heard the beeps also have some degree of tinnitus, eh?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join