It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chips in official IDs raise privacy fears

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by skeetontheconspiracy

Hon you will be a great candidate to have it embedded on your forehead.

That will make it a lot easier for the government to tag the dissenters and law abiding citizens that happen to disagree with people like you and the government invasion of privacy.

Because crock will always find crafty ways to get over this type of government manipulation, the same way they find ways to get their hands on guns.

Who said this is to track crocks anyway.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
My personal life is alreadyp under a fine tooth comb. and my Govt issue ID has RFID in it already, so its nothing new to me, and my life aint that bad. Stay within the legal lines and you have nothing to worry about.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

In other words forget that our constitution protect this nations citizens against bad governments and give rights for us to do just that.

Also ignore the fact that our Constitution also tells us that the government is ofwe the people and not other way around, that they are elected to serve the people and not private interest.

I guess you were sleeping during your 5 grade class of reviewing the Preamble of the constitution.

Most Americans tends to sleep during boring classes like that one.

Our system of government has not been for we the people in a long time, you are serving now private interest agendas.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeetontheconspiracy
Everyone speaks of the RFID like its a bad thing. think about this, criminals will no longer be able to hide. Rapists, murderers, robbers, thieves will be easier to track down without the thousands of man hours from law enforcement individuals.
You will be able to start your car just by getting in it.

You can be as naive as you want, but the rest of us know the truth about the RFID chips. Criminals will always find a way to hide regardles of any technology. How exactly is an RFID chip going to help track down these rapists, murderers, etc, will the woman being raped have a reader on her to identify the person that raped her ? You have to know who commited the crime before you can search for them. Do you really think a criminal that knows he's being hunted will continue to carry an RFID chip on him ?

BTW you can start your car without even getting in it already, it's called a remote start. I'm not so lazy that i can't turn a key to start my car, and i damn sure am not willing to give up my right to privacy and freedom to be able to start my car without having to turn a key

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Oh i see we should all be willing to give up our privacy and freedom just to make your job easier
You might want to really read the second line in your signature.

Imagine a society with no registers, no cashiers, just RFID readers.

No thank you, i happen to perfer human contact over machines and computers. And exactly what will happen to all these people when they all lose their jobs ?

The biometrics will be made secure before it will be released to the public, it will be 99.999% safe and very effective. You are all worrying about the negatives without seeing the good.

There is no way to make something like this secure, there will always be someone that is capable of hacking into that info. There is nothing good about people losing their privacy and the goverment being able to track a person's every move, nor is there anything good about people being treated like criminals when they're not.

Besides, arent they already using this tech in britain?

What does that have to do with the US ? America was founded on the belief in freedoms, and we are not willing to give up our freedoms.

And my job is to keep people like you safe. would you rather live in a country where you have to worry if a bomb is goign to go off in a shop you are visiting or a subway train you take to work? No We can't allow USA to become Iran or Afghanistan or Israel where these are commonplace occurances. there are Agents that dedicate their lives to making sure your kids can go to school, that you can do everything you want to do without fear of terrorists, and sleep well at night.

RFID chips are not going to make it any less likely that we will have terroist bombings, hey you guys seem to being your jobs just fine without invading the privacy of everyday law abiding citizens just fine, if it aint broke don't fix it.

Maybe you should put a little more effort into making sure that our kids can go to school without fear of their school being shot up by some wacked out kid, or being shot while waiting for the bus by some gangbangers, or being kidnapped by some child molester. I'm sorry but no RFID chip is going to solve those problems.

My personal life is alreadyp under a fine tooth comb. and my Govt issue ID has RFID in it already, so its nothing new to me, and my life aint that bad. Stay within the legal lines and you have nothing to worry about.

That's a choice that you made to obtain the job that you want, as long as it's a choice for citizens it's fine but the minute it becomes mandatory they have crossed the line.

See that's where you've got it backwards as long as we stay within the legal lines we shouldn't have to be "chipped" and have our privacy invaded and our every movement tracked, our freedoms denied. The chip has no place in the lives of law abiding citizens, to impose this technology on us is to deem us all criminals.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Wow, I'm surprised the media is picking up on this just now. I know for sure as of last year, you can get the new electronic passports off the streets that are readable at every airport and port of entry for around $1,200.00 USD.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I just checked on this article on yahoo and they have made it where it cant be recommended, buzzed or anything now, the old link still works but they put up a new link on their news page that leads to the one you cant comment on
tech.yahoo.com...

they also put up another article on alloy sleeves for this but they were smart and put it where you cant buzz/recommend/comment their either..and it shows a guy with his drivers licence smiling like yay im chipped! pathetic it looks as though they are trying to keep the people from thinking its a bad thing cause it got 200 comments and 99% were 'dont get this chip' so i figured its so americans will comply easier...thats the media for you...

i asked a couple of cops today at a hospital what they thought about it...they didnt even know it existed...pretty bad...and they didnt care either..said the same thing im hearing from a few others 'well if ur obeying the laws' and 'they can track your phone and they already know your information'

people think its a good thing...its not...i dont want people able to change my info or even look at it for that matter without a damn good reason...and i sure as hell dont want people knowing my personal habits...

Oh yea someone said something about its in britan why should we worry...its already here in the usa and has been for a couple of years now...we are just now hearing about it on the mainstream news though. its in all passports, and in state id/dl that are bordering other countries..

[edit on 13-7-2009 by tasim]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I shall peel caps back and split wigs if this were to come into one of my documents/paperwork.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

I've often wondered the same thing regarding credit cards, bank cards etc etc.... i prefer cash meself.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join