It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghana groomed for African Capitalist stronghold

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
What’s Ghana’on in Ghana!?

President Obama is the third president in a row to visit Ghana. Could it be simply that Ghana is a stable country, the first in Africa to separate from English Rule? Or could it be the rich mineral resources? What is so special about Ghana that Bilderbergers would travel to it over other countries in Africa?

Ghana has been groomed to be the next Capitalist stronghold. The national language is English, the last three presidents since independence, in 1957 (1), have Western interests in mind; Kufuor educated at Oxford (2), Mills, a Fulbright Scholar, at Stanford Law (3).

Ghana is Africa’s second largest producer of gold and the world’s second largest exporter of cocoa (4). Ghana International Airlines, now the national airline, is controlled by an American, Ralph Atkin, after the previous Ghana airline went bankrupt due to lack of investors. The land is also rich in diamonds, timber, petroleum, and silver.

LOSS OF RESOURCES:
since John Agyekum Kufuor took power in January 2001, Ghana has been complying with conditions imposed by the IMF. One of these conditions - a significant one - concerned the water sector, for which the IMF demanded total cost recovery. In other words, households must bear the total cost of access to water, without the benefit of state subsidies. [as not uncommon when researching CFR, Bilderberg, CIA, etc… my laptop started going haywire and losing windows. I copied this from a site but don’t have the source]

IMF PRESSURING GHANA TO SELL GHANA COMMERCIAL BANK:
Amidst negotiations with both South Africa and the U.S. the IMF came in and has put pressure on Ghana to sell its National bank. A resultant conglomerate would be the largest gold producer on the planet mining more than 7.6 million ounces of gold (5).

STRONG HERITAGE:
"Here in Ghana, you show us a face of Africa that is too often overlooked by a world that sees only tragedy or the need for charity," Obama said (6). It is clear that Ghana has something that capitalist America has got its eye on.

Many areas of Ghana need investors: telecom, natural resources, infrastructure. LOTS of money to be spent and taken. With lots of open land, resorts, cheap labor, and IMF control, Ghana is the next hot spot for the powers that be.

1 - www.cia.gov...

2 - www.worldleaders.columbia.edu...

3 - en.wikipedia.org...

4 - epoch-archive.com...

5 - www.modernghana.com...

6 - www.cnn.com...

[edit on 11-7-2009 by notreallyalive]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Very nice post - I will consider myself further enlightened - Ghana looks like its worth further study.

Thanks for your investigation

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by notreallyalive

Sure does. Nice work.

I expect to hear more of Ghana in the near future.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by notreallyalive

I'll add my opinion and some business facts.

I've worked in online risk management (otherwise known as fraud) and one of the worst (if not the worst countries) is Ghana.

While sitting behind a computer screen and watching orders for Motorola Razor phones come in, many in the thousands of dollars, orders for umpteen phones of all colors... From Ghana.

OMG, All orders coming from Ghana; always for MotoRazor phones... were immediately cancelled. Not that it was common written policy as that would be discriminatory (against a whole country. ) And, they went to great lengths to make their orders look legit as some slipped through and charged back.

From my experience, I would have a hard time believing anything good came out of Ghana.

[edit on 7·11·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

I really appreciate your input about fraud. I understand fraud and corruption are huge in most African countries.

Anyone else out there with personal experience with Ghana?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
*** WARNING ***

During my research for this thread I picked up a virus. Not sure which one yet but it's a IE hijacker. I visited maybe 15 sites during the search so not sure if it's one I listed. Anyway, please be careful/selective using the links I provided on OP.

top topics

join