It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would we be called in an intergalactic federation/war?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Trainable Cannon Fodder... Until we figure out their stuff and kill them with it.

Shock Troops (see above.)

Research Material

Food, (until we get tired of being eaten. Watch V you will get the idea.)

Most dangerous species ever discovered.

M.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Finally saw Transformers 2 last night, and it made a good point:
"What planet is this?"
"Earth"
"Earth, that's a stupid name for a planet. Might as well be Dirt. Planet Dirt."

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Cultist

I liked the Rail-gun that we got to see.

The NAVY wants to put these on most of their ships:

Kills Alien Robots with One hit. American Technology

[edit on 12-7-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone else has said this, but what the hell.

"Pink skins!"

Not entirely accurate, but it brings back good memories of Shran.

I'm up for Terrans, or humans, but I'm not entirely sure I can be happy with 'Gaiains'.

I just don't think it would give us the 'Psychological edge'.

EMM

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

With not knowing their intentions might I offer a name?

"Lunchables"

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Solarians? (Sol)

or

Refugees?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
"Mostly Harmless"
Terrans is too... starcrafty..

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

" but yet again we don't have our nuclear warheads just laying in plain site, now do we? We could give them a little superweapon surprise quite easily, couldn't we?"

I presume you haven't seen those stories about UFOs disabling or taking warheads from Minuteman missles deep inside silos?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

"...but I still think it's a much better sounding name then Human or god forbid... Homo Sapiens..."

Some say the Earth is a living thing, and named itself. That would make us "Gians".

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I think that a potentially better question would be - "Is an intergalactic war possible? And if so, is it feasible?"

I mean, the distances are SO incredibly vast. Not only that, but there are very likely SO MANY worlds of some sort of importance.

For instance, species X wants gold. They want it so badly, they need it so badly, that they are willing to kill for it. BUT species Y doesn't want them to have it so they set up a perimeter around Earth to keep them from getting it. Well, if species X can fold space in order to come to Earth to get gold, what would be the point of fighting for it when they could just fold space to another place with gold and take it unopposed?

I think it is much more probable that any species travelling through the cosmos has no reason to want anything badly enough to kill for it. There is more abundance in this Universe than is possible to imagine. Nay, a species that traverses the Heavens would spend all of its time exploring just for exploration's sake.

No war.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

"Why does NOBODY ON HERE realize that aliens are fallen angels that lost their form (except Nordics) when they rebelled and they always gave humanity advanced technology? They live among the stars and in our atmosphere and moon and such, but they are not life-forms like humans. They are fallen angels and manufactured Nephilim."

I don't belive that because there is no tangible evidence to back up that claim. The "Biblical evidence" that most cite is a long stretch at its very best and inconsistant with linguistic interpretation at best.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
the lost seeds of creation

[edit on 7/13/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

With not knowing their intentions might I offer a name?

"Lunchables"

lol

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I think we would be perceived to be pests. Humans procreate into ever increasing numbers exponentially, taking over other species and territory. We consume massive amounts of natural resources and pollute everything. We kill each other rampantly. We enslave, brutalize and eat other species treating them like products instead of respecting their lives. Many humans are liars, cheats and thieves and worse. We haven't improved our planet in any sustainable way. And so forth and so on.

Alien visitors already know these things about us and I don't think they hold us in very high regard. They may see us as kind of like the cockroaches of this solar system.

Sorry to sound so misanthropic but these are simply the facts of the matter.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
In case you havn't noticed we are in an Intergalactic War already....

1) We are suspended in Space
2) There are many wars going on at the moment

Here is something for you:

To me it resembles Star Trek (from it's beginning to now)..... yes i know it was fictional but if you look at your home & all it's contents, outside and really look when you are out and about there is ever more evidence that this place is resembling Star Trek by day & night..... go ahead... take a look..... many different people, many different ethnicities and many different wars..... not to mention sliding doors, computerised phone calls, computers and the advancement of computers & technology.... weaponry & defense systems..... there is no need to go to space because it's happening right here right now......

although Space exploration will/would be great (if only i could be randomly chosen to go)

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
LOL! This is a different thread. I've notice a lot of people here seem to think that just because a race is more advanced than us that they didn't destroy their planet lol. They very well might have and if that is the case they are no better than us.

As for the name...

DNA on a stick?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machina 42
But yet again that's optimistic thinking, and not taking in account the fact that they may just want us gone and don't care about our planet, they could easily just blow up our planet/send an asteroid our way/blow up the moon just as easily, effectively killing us in the process.

Not happening.
This blue tinted speck of dust is valuable in resources. So extermination is more probable.

No, you don't know that for sure. Earth could be a common planet with common resources and could be worth pretty much nothing on a universal scale to them.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes
Why does NOBODY ON HERE realize that aliens are fallen angels that lost their form (except Nordics) when they rebelled and they always gave humanity advanced technology? They live among the stars and in our atmosphere and moon and such, but they are not life-forms like humans. They are fallen angels and manufactured Nephilim. Yeshua said: As in the days of Noah.

Meaning yes there will be a landing and Maitreya will be there with them to make peace under a global government.

Think about it. Global government. ET Lands. Maitreya is accepted as Savior even though he is the Anti-Christ, and then later on you'll be like: "WHOA that guy on ATS was completely right!"

[edit on 7/12/2009 by watchtheashes]

Shut up and go away with the religious nonsense. I'm sick of it in my topics.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
In case you havn't noticed we are in an Intergalactic War already....

1) We are suspended in Space
2) There are many wars going on at the moment

Here is something for you:

To me it resembles Star Trek (from it's beginning to now)..... yes i know it was fictional but if you look at your home & all it's contents, outside and really look when you are out and about there is ever more evidence that this place is resembling Star Trek by day & night..... go ahead... take a look..... many different people, many different ethnicities and many different wars..... not to mention sliding doors, computerised phone calls, computers and the advancement of computers & technology.... weaponry & defense systems..... there is no need to go to space because it's happening right here right now......

although Space exploration will/would be great (if only i could be randomly chosen to go)

Anyone can say random #, how about you provide some solid proof of us already being in an intergalactic war, because I certainly don't take your word for it.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
How about...
insignificant

nice try, oh eternally pessimistic one.

///ahem//

How about...
"What they'd be fighting over"

-

new topics

top topics