It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gag The Interent.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
AN OBAMA OFFICIAL'S FRIGHTENING BOOK ABOUT CURBING FREE SPEECH ONLINE

www.nypost.com...

When it comes to the First Amendment, Team Obama believes in Global Chilling.

Cass Sunstein, a Harvard Law professor who has been appointed to a shadowy post that will grant him powers that are merely mind-boggling, explicitly supports using the courts to impose a "chilling effect" on speech that might hurt someone's feelings. He thinks that the bloggers have been rampaging out of control and that new laws need to be written to corral them.

Advance copies of Sunstein's new book, "On Rumors: How Falsehoods Spread, Why We Believe Them, What Can Be Done," have gone out to reviewers ahead of its September publication date, but considering the prominence with which Sunstein is about to be endowed, his worrying views are fair game now. Sunstein is President Obama's choice to head the White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs. It's the bland titles that should scare you the most.

Sunstein was appointed, no doubt, off the success of "Nudge," his previous book, which suggests that government ought to gently force people to be better human beings.

Czar is too mild a world for what Sunstein is about to become. How about "regulator in chief"? How about "lawgiver"? He is Obama's Obama.

Hi books www.amazon.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
m.nypost.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

What Sunstein is longtime University of Chicago friend and colleague, of Barack Obama.

Cass R. Sunstein
www.law.uchicago.edu...

Mr. Sunstein has testified before congressional committees on many subjects, and he has been involved in constitution-making and law reform activities in a number of nations, including Ukraine, Poland, China, South Africa, and Russia.

he has been involved in constitution-making and law reform activities in a number of nations,

Mr. Sunstein is author of many articles and a number of books, including Republic.com (2001), Risk and Reason (2002), Why Societies Need Dissent (2003), The Second Bill of Rights (2004), Laws of Fear: Beyond the Precautionary Principle (2005), Worst-Case Scenarios (2001), and Nudge: Improving Decisions about Health, Wealth, and Happiness (with Richard H. Thaler, 2008). He is now working on various projects involving the relationship between law and human behavior.

law and human behavior?

Interesting

[edit on 123131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Review Why Societies Need Dissent...

shows that demands for lock-step conformity are wrong and uninformed thinking. Sunstein's important new study is filled with empirical evidence of the significance of opposition, found in his compelling explanations of the need for, and benefits of, disagreement. Sunstein reveals that, in fact, the influence of dissenters is for the better, be it with courts, juries, corporate boardrooms, churches, sports teams, student organizations or faculties, not to mention 'the White House, Congress and the Supreme Court...during times of both war and peace.' --John W. Dean (Los Angeles Times Book Review )

Ironically he is married to Samantha Power who resigned over the monster, hillary remark.

Samantha Power Resigns Over Hillary "Monster" Remark

www.huffingtonpost.com...

abovethelaw.com...

nymag.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Just another scum bag who should be thrown on the beacon fire of liberty.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Yes, I am surprised more people are not interested in this topic.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Ayn Rand said: "the principle of free speech is not concerned with the content of a man's speech and does not protect only the expression of good ideas, but all ideas. If it were otherwise, who would determine which ideas are good and where forbidden? The government?"

"Political Vacuums of Our Age",
"Once a country accepts censorship of the press and of speech, then nothing can be won without violence. Therefore, so long as you have free speech, protect it. This is the life-and-death issue in this country: do not give up the freedom of the press - of newspapers, books, magazines, radios movies, and other other form of presenting ideas. So long as that's free, a peaceful intellectual turn is possible."

Government of Canada moves to monitor Internet users Western Standard
westernstandard.ca...

www.michaelgeist.ca...

atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I'm going to really put myself out on a brittle limb here, over the boiling cauldron of in-over-your-head trouble, with the Political Correctness SS Ghestapo, I'm afraid. The thing about real life is that there are facts that we don't want. I want to jump off a skyscraper and fly, but --gravity-- says NO. Crap. There are many left-leaning people out there with their heads in the clouds and their feet off the ground, who like to conclude that everyone on this planet is the same, there are no evolutionary genetic differences, and that no one is born evil, it's just that they need a great big hug. It really chaps my behind, by the way, that those very ones who protest outside a prison weaping for a serial killer's execution, who would chainsaw them in his basement if given a chance, were giving thumbs down to Terry Schaivo< probably misspelled) for her to be executed slowly via dehydration, rather than let her own family take her home and dote over her.
Anyhoo, I see utterly nothing wrong with aknowledging hardwired and obvious human differences, WITHOUT it being regarded as prejudice. I look at all the different cat and dog species, and how respected the differences are.
I HATE political correctness and fear it too, because it seeks to punish those who say, "look at this common sense and these facts and statistics here". George Orwell's book '1984' tried to warn about this. Oh well. TRIED.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by simonecharisse]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Google, Yahoo & Bing Censoring Obama Citizenship Searches

Excerpt from "The Savage Nation" on July 24th, 2009.

Dr. Michael Savage interviews Joseph Farah of WorldNetDaily. It appears that search engines, including Google, Yahoo and Bing are collaborating with the Obama administration to censor posts about the Obama Birth Certificate/Citizenship issue

new topics

top topics

join