It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Buck my ARSE!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I shop almost daily at the dollar store in the mall closest to where I live.
Pretty much for the same items, as needed, because they are less expensive to buy there. I'm a cheapskate, what can I say.
The store goes by the name Dollarama, and up until recently..everything in the store was exactly one dollar + tax.
Well a few months ago, they decided to expand their items..to include things that were $1.25, $1.50, and $2.00. Great! We all thought..more stuff to choose from, and the price still ain't bad.
Now here's where my arse starts to burn....
Increasingly every week, I go in to buy the same freakin things I have bought all along, and the prices are creeping up. No longer just a buck.It's not just the new items priced higher..the old ones too.
WTF
We are in a recession yeah, but dollar stores are raking in the cash more than any other retailer..they don't need to jack up the prices of anything. Iam sick and freakin' tired of somebody always trying to grab a few more cents outta my pocket.Screw off..IT'S MINE!
Stop selling me your Asian imported garbage, give some Canadians a job making this stuff and I'll gladly pay the increased price...but don't charge me more for the same damn thing, when I know you are making a killing off me already.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

That was their way of sneaking in the price increases. Add items that are more expensive, then have the other items they stock inch up in price also.

Do not fret about being a cheapskate. It is very expensive to live, so why not save money on the items we always use. I do the same thing and try to buy in bulk when I can. I like to order a pizza for myself every now and then, and the way to do that is save on other items.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Yeah there was quite a few 2 for a dollar things as well.
Now there has been an influx of more than a dollar items.

I too have one close by that has included more than A buck items!!!!

Now that Dollarama has knocked off all the other little Dollars stores in the mall ...some of the dollar items are 1.25 now.

...although.... some of the 2 dollar items are quite useful.

Around A dollar or so arama.

Ok... I just can't rant about this but I tried lol.

join