It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unanswered questions about the film "The Secret"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

You are some free thinker. Your understanding of far east culture is little more than a cartoon caricature and you obviously have no interest whatsoever in educating yourself.

Enjoy your ride to the grave, at least you have that much to look forward to.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Soon even death will die. Im looking at the reality of how these ignorant opium smoking circle jerkers came up with their beliefs. Maybe you are looking at their culture with rose colored glasses given to you by your lack of ability handle reality?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Look, I have studied each of the philosophies I mentioned to a very reasonable extent, just as well as I have studied the technical sciences (again, drop me a free body diagram or a circuit problem if you think I am so retarded). I know for a fact you do not understand their views, not even close. You are much too hostile and self-centered to even realize that both of those things are negative personality traits. You could serve to grow some "fortitude" and admit as much yourself (that you are ignorant of these philosophies) before talking so much crap about something you don't understand, calling people that you do not even know ignorant, and incorrectly accusing them of being "opium smokers." I thought you were a free thinker? Does that mean you are free to constantly think negative garbage? All I am seeing is some who is miserable, who wants to close every door before he even gets a chance to look through it, out of some sort of fear I can only assume. Which would explain why you are projecting a fear of reality onto me. Projection -- that is Jungian psychology if you are unfamiliar with the term.

Just consider, why are you so full of hostility? Because of me? A Buddhist would say only YOU are responsible for the emotions that arise out of you, but being ignorant of this, you ride from one passion to another no different than an enraged beast with no control over itself. You are hostile because I am picking at your belief system and you do not have the mental stability to handle it. I wouldn't be surprised if you now even feel hostility towards Buddhism. You are exactly the type of hostile person you tried to accuse me of being. There is no science you understand that I disagree with or do not also understand, I assure you. There is just more to the puzzle, but rather than exploring it, you spit in its face, because in your unaware state you are miserable.

I want you to know that through all of this, I have remained in a relatively serene state of mind (I say relatively simply because I am not as serene as I would be in meditation). There is nothing you can say that will demean these philosophies to me, because, for one, you don't even understand them, and for two, I have already accomplished discernible results in my state of being. Things that science will never offer you, neither will vitriolic cynicism or any other form of materialistic pessimism. I don't even care what you think about it, because it doesn't make a difference to me at all.

I already said you should just look forward to your ride to the grave. Death may die but you won't see any of it. You are already in the process of killing yourself. Love is what keeps life afloat; hostility and ignorance are what kills it. You know better than I do where you fall on the scale.

I really don't have much else to say to you, I just hope that if you respond it will be with more than a condescending insult against the things you still do not understand in the least. Every time you spew that kind of garbage your slip shows just that much more.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

LOL if you see the dahli lama tell him to practice that non-attachment he preaches so much of and shut up about a free tibet. You "assume" i know nothing of their culture and religious practices because it helps you protect you little magical world where you see none of the ignorant aspects of their society.

I took everything stupid about buddism and put it into one sentance. Im suprised your not a better student of your own bull&%^ and chose to instead go sit under a tree...

they didnt need a computer why do you?

We each have our staves.. we throw them down and turn them into snakes and they fight.. atleast thats how the bible discribes theological discussion. Im suprised your being such a cry baby

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Wertdagf]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I couldn't have expressed your current state of mind any better myself. Thank you for proving for me once again that you are miserable. Now the issue is what, if anything, you are going to do about it.

I feel very sorry for you but apparently that's about all I can do. Try to enjoy your life my friend, if you can manage it.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

You do the same.... If you happen to start a fire with your mind or or float in mid-air while babbling at the wind be sure to post a video.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Bottom line the true principal underlying the idea, is that the individual is responsible and at cause in their own universe, and that their unfolding reality, and what it unfolds into, it's very largely determined, at least in those places where the most essential Maslow's Hiearchy of Needs can be met relatively easily (a limitation in certain parts of the world, yes) - by their own moment by moment thoughts, and the feelings that those thoughts generate, and this mind-set, or inward reality DOES have causal implications outwardly in the manifest world, even sunchronistically from time to time, where the distinction and line between the the mind and the outer world can become a little blurred. My story on the first page is a perfect case. I put it out there what I needed and wanted and stayed on it, unrelentingly, and then pop, in it came through the backdoor. The friend who referred me didn't even know how much I wanted to move to Vancouver and were not watching out for that. It just happened.

Look around your life, look at all the results good and bad, and then ask yourself, if that was all just random coincidence and circumstance, or if it did not eminate with you, from within you, according to your own predominant thoughts and feelings all the way along, and then, if you know something about modern science and the true nature of the present moment, relative to the as yet unborn future, then there it is, that's The Secret.

But people can explain these things in a perfectly rational way, and others who think they ALREADY know everything, they just keep posting the same crap, as if they did not even for a moment stop to READ what other people are saying, and that is ignorance, and what can you do with it but ignore it..? They add no value. Their thing is being a naysayer, based on pre-concieved baises, with nothing less than contempt, just because maybe someone along the way shows that God is universal consciousness or something like that, which upsets their materialist worldview, something they ought to know is dead in the water anyway.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I think the secret is that you're responsible for your success (or failure) and you have to find a good balance between thought and action. You have to think about what you want
first and then act accordingly.

But here's the thing: if you want x,y,z and your higher self is not OK with it because your life plan is different (experience to live, things to learn, etc), you will not get it.

But I think that if you break free from the chain of Karma, that's a whole different story.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
How some people can still cling to one idea they have, or some notion, even after reading the other, carefully crafted posts, explaining the proper way of looking at something is beyond me. I think it's called a closed mind to new possibilities or new insights.

Take a close look at the direction some of the debate in this thread is heading towards. I don't think the discussions are wrong and there are many valid points, even in your quote here I see truth but in the end it becomes a negative statement.

If I were to guess I would say that this is not your natural response so take a close look and remember it takes just a little bit of positive to dispel negative. Ignore the negative, that which contains no value, the deception of understanding and focus on the positive, understanding and truth.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join