It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unanswered questions about the film "The Secret"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

Look up Darren Brown (he has a TV show in the UK) and "the system," where he bets on horse races.

He correctly predicts the winner of at least 4 races in a row (I stopped watching after that, because I got the point well enough -- same principle as "remote viewing" or "ESP", which even our military has studied in depth and used practically) and helps a random woman that he chose win a great deal of money from them.

He then invites horse racing experts to consider that he actually can predict these races in advance despite their skepticism, and predicts even more bizarre things as they arrive there and interact with him. He never fully explains how he is able to predict such amazing things but simply says that there is more to life and the human mind than the vast majority of people realize. This is because if he tried to explain it rationally, he would just receive the same cynical hostility featured here.

There is bountiful evidence of all sorts of amazing feats, all explainable by greatly heightened awareness, and by nothing else.

Skepticism can be healthy, but the hostile, cynical kind of skepticism seen here is simply a disease. It's an emotional disease and the precise reason you are all so out of balance and unable to understand these things, that cause you to doubt them. You don't WANT to believe in these things because you don't want to accept the personal responsibility required to achieve these things. Nor would you want to consider the implications of living so blindly all through your life while people this enlightened have been all around you, in places of power, in the entertainment industry, etc., and you are all oblivious to them because you are so ignorant of the practices yourselves. Most lost interest long ago in trying to show you the way, you already have all the resources you need, and in all honesty revealing this information simply causes those who already possess it to lose a lot of their power. Educating you makes those "in the know" less powerful by comparison. It's easier when you stay ignorant. Unfortunately your ignorance also causes you much unnecessary suffering, is the source of all your cynicism and hostility, pessimism, etc.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Ive been studying magic tricks for years and i must admit i did guess how Darren Brown did that trick.. it was done by the numbers. He started off by emailing about 30000 people and told them a winner of a horse race but told them not to bet on it. Then after a few times doing this he had reduced his list of people to a few 100 who won each time. Then he started to tell them to make small bets.. then after he reduced them down to a very small number where he told them to make large bets. The people who lost at the point were reimbursed. The finally you have one person left who thinks that Darren has given all winners because he is magic or something

The video the secret works on exactly the same system... Out of everyone who tried the system the people who are going to make the most noise about it will be the 1 out of 1000's that gets lucky. To anyone who understands a little bit about psychology its easy to see that this scheme preys on peoples greed , anyone who this doesn't work for (99%) will just feel a bit silly and forget about it. But the 1 person who was lucky and got what he wanted is going to tell everyone how amazing the system is. These are are probably the people on the video with the big smiles.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I have a sneaking suspicion you didn't actually watch it like I suggested. Did you see the part where he invited all the horse racing experts to see how he was able to predict things like this in advance? I suppose that was staged? You probably didn't even watch it, because you make no mention of that part at all.

If you just watch Darren Brown in general (there are tons of clips on YouTube), you'll see there are no smoke and mirrors. Some of what he does is explained easily enough by mainstream psychology but much of it is not.

Why are you so afraid that there are things out there that you have yet to understand, that science has yet to fully understand? Don't even tell me because it's the logical conclusion, because you haven't logically concluded anything yet, I don't think you even watched the segment.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Or, when you look around at your own life, you come to see that it's true, that all the results you've gotten, are based on consciousness and the predominant thoughts and feelings you've had all along, and that's equally valid, which makes you wonder what might be possible, as you sit in the present moment, relative to an as yet unborn realm of limitless possibility.. could it be that the same principal might apply to your future self, looking back a year from now, three years, five, ten, twenty?
Causation is very subtle, and it IS subject to inner consciousness, thoughts, ideas and feelings, and sometimes, where there appears to be no way to get from A to B the universe does and CAN perform synchronistic or serendipitous feats, to bridge the gap, between what is and what is to be.
The lack of understanding about this process, which is simply the creative process in action, by people who THINK they're smart, just belies their own ignorance and lack of understanding.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Yep thats a brilliant way to pray on peoples stupidity. Im begining to think these blokes have it right.... you might have to pray upon peoples stupidy to teach them a lesson. How else would you catch them in their own delusion before they can slip away and hide.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I have a sneaking suspicion you didn't actually watch it like I suggested. Did you see the part where he invited all the horse racing experts to see how he was able to predict things like this in advance? I suppose that was staged?

lol.. i think i understand the whole process a lot better than you.

I shall attempt to explain...

- he emails 30000 people
- each race has 6 horses
- he tells the first person horse 1 will win
- he tells the 2nd person horse 2 will win
- he tells the 3rd person horse 3 will win
- he tells the 4th person horse 4 will win
- he tells the 5th person horse 5 will win
- he tells the 6th person horse 6 will win
- then he picks another race and continues with the system
- then out of that 30000 he has 5000 winners who think that Darren has correctly predicted a winning horse for them.

- he the repeats the process.
- and out of that 5000 he has 800 ish winners and they all think Darren has predicted a winning horse for them twice.

The numbers of people who win each time reduces and reduces untill there is 1 race left . Then

and out of that there is only 1 person who won and only 1 person for whom Darrens predictions were 100% correct.The odds of him getting that many right are very high and he didn't have to stage the experts saying that because he didn't tell the experts what he was really doing.

Its loosely based on an old scam that people use to do years ago. They would put an ad in a newspaper saying they had a winning system for betting on the horses and if you won you had to pay them 25% or something. Then they would just give the first person who called horse 1 and the second horse 2 etc . This way they get paid for every race and 1 out of 6 people who bet with them think they have found a great system.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

I have been where you are right now. It was when I was a teenager but I have been there. I have been the cynic, cynical about every damned thing. I have been the atheist, the materialist non-believer, deriding fundamentalist Christians (which I still do
) and expecting to rot in the ground when I die. I took up an interest in science. A great interest in science, having nothing else to look to in life. I'm an electronics engineering major, btw, so I am not unfamiliar with scientific reasoning and even how to work free-body diagrams and solve many different kinds of circuit problems.

The change came when I started getting inside the heads of the people who first brought you science to begin with, a sort of immaculate conception if you will, because before science obviously there was no scientific method with which to derive scientific principles. I got into Greek philosophy, then all sorts of other philosophies, realized how little of the spectrum of full knowledge science actually covers, and after that I can hardly tell you what happened to me, except to mention Taoism, Zen Buddhism, and esoteric Hinduism. All of these things I can tell simply by reading your posts that you do not understand in the least.

So just let me offer that, that while you might think you understand me, you really do not, but I have been in your cynical shoes before. I have a flower blossoming in my life but I'm afraid I don't really see what you have going on. Maybe you would like to tell me?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
lol.. i think i understand the whole process a lot better than you.

Dude, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Look it up on YouTube like I am telling you.

I fully understand your guess and you can believe it if you want, but what you are saying also has absolutely nothing to do with the other half of what he does in the segment I am talking about. I have not described what he does because there is too much to it and too many variables that could have played out in other ways by the mechanisms you are talking about. It is not a full explanation, or any explanation at all for what he does while HE is demonstrating HIMSELF what he is able to do to the skeptics he invited to meet him.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

i 'v read your post here and there on ats and this one realy i appreciate your answers

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

This thread isnt about my personal life. Its about the secret. Im sorry that this was your "flower" that was blooming, but that belief is another replacement for a magical god flying around granting wishes.... those are always a favorite of children.

Hey kids dont learn anything about the world around you because you can magicly turn water to wine with thought alone!!!! Pray to god every day and youll have a happy family and all your health for EVER!!!!!!1111one.

Flowers die... boo hoo.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

You wouldn't know, because you have no understanding whatsoever of the three esoteric philosophies I mentioned. All you have as a guide is science itself, something that even the very founders of science were able to transcend. Or else your science would never have existed in the first place.

Pull a dollar out of your pocket and look at it, big boy. There is a practical reason your leaders put funny looking symbols all over your money, but you sure as hell wouldn't understand it.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
How some people can still cling to one idea they have, or some notion, even after reading the other, carefully crafted posts, explaining the proper way of looking at something is beyond me. I think it's called a closed mind to new possibilities or new insights.

"There is a principal, which is a bar against all new information, and proof against all arguments, and that principal cannot fail to keep a person in everlasting ignorance. That principal is called contempt, prior to investigation."
~ Herbert Spencer

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Yes, there are limitations to it, which were not explained, but the fundamental principal behind it is sound. Like I said, just look all around at your own life and think about the degree to which you've been at cause in your own universe, based on every thought and feeling you've had up until the present moment in time, and then consider what the present moment really represents in relation to the future, as a type of quantum propability wave of infinite possibility - then you'll understand what it's about.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

Who are you to say what is limited?

Maybe walking through wall's is possible or flying like superman, imo anything is possible.

Anything.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I do indeed know why it was formed. Hiding from the merciless iorn claw of religion is the only reason humanity has ever moved forward. All of the free thinking people are massacared every so often by those kind hearted forgiveness minded church goers.

Its a pity you claim to know so much and know so very little.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Its a pity you claim to know so much and know so very little.

Intersting comment..

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Maybe you could use your mind powers to heat my coffe... maybe pray to your god to make it a little warmer.. because im sitting here waiting for you to find something less pathetic to say.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I suppose you're one of the free-thinkers and I'm the one who's come to massacre you?

Why don't you massacre yourself by attempting to understand those philosophies I mentioned, which are NOT religions, and are still practiced to this day by peaceful monks living in isolation in the far East? These people are amongst the ONLY people who have never raised an arm against others as a society, and who do not perpetually seek material gain over others. If you are such a free-thinker, don't tell me you are allergic to learning something? But I will warn you, deflating your own ego is crucial to the process, so if you turn to these philosophies thinking you already know it all then you are not going to learn a damned thing.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Ignore. How's that?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Thats because they think they have to starve themselves to reach nirvana. All of those losers fasting in mud huts or caves because they think it will allow them to understand the spiritual. No wonder they see things.

There is no such thing as magic.... everything requires technology. I TRULY WISH YOU WERE RIGHT. Im sure it sounds just as harsh to a child when somone tells them santa claus isnt real. I really really really wish we could shoot fireballs with our hands and fly like superman.... but its not happening untill we develope technology that manipulates magnetic fields to defeat gravity or contain and sustain plasma reactions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join