It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They cannot be faked... | Cropdesigns |

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by afoolbyanyothername
reply to post by Blaine91555

Interesting observation ... so how would you use a length of rope and some "pivot points" to create a simple crop circle design based on a scalene triangle (3 unequal length sides) with angles of EXACTLY say 48 degrees; 75 degrees and 57 degrees ?
Doesn't come much simpler than that ... so could YOU do it ?

Oh i could do that blindfolded on one leg while reciting Sumerian text in Eskimo.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Oh i could do that blindfolded on one leg while reciting Sumerian text in Eskimo.

So by the above I assume that you're saying that YOU couldn't do it easily ?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
exellent vid. thanks for sharing george!
some of these crop circles blow my mind......

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Interesting observation ... so how would you use a length of rope and some "pivot points" to create a simple crop circle design based on a scalene triangle (3 unequal length sides) with angles of EXACTLY say 48 degrees; 75 degrees and 57 degrees ?
Doesn't come much simpler than that ... so could YOU do it ?

Why not?

If it's something that can be drawn with a ruler, a protractor, and a drawing compass - it's something that can be carried out on a larger scale.

Spend a summer or two doing custom order interlocking brickwork, and this stuff gets pretty simple to envision.

Look at it this way:

Could you, with a decent set of drawing tools, replicate it on a sheet of A4 paper? How about B3? If you can, you can make it bigger. 1m x 1m. 2m x 2m. And so on. It's just size. You're doing the same thing with bigger tools.

A rope held at both ends is a perfect straight edge.

Two ropes, fixed at the same point, will give you any angle you like.

up to 360, in fact. Which would be a circle, if you've got tired of triangles.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by vox2442]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

So again, youre saying it would be simple to create ANY angle required with nothing more than a few lengths of rope ? Perhaps 45, 90, 180 degrees shouldn't be a problem but a design with multiple angles that are NOT derivates of 45 or 90 degrees I would tend to think would NOT be trivial to create ... especially in the dark and on scales of 100's of meters.
Perhaps I'm wrong and it really is simple ... so how would YOU go about creating an exact required angle of say 58 degrees in a wheat field?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

George....

Of course crop circles can be faked (as in the crop circles can be made by humans).

It might be difficult, but the crop circles can be faked.

That is to state the obvious.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

So by the above I assume that you're saying that YOU couldn't do it easily ?

Well to be honest - maybe - with the right amount of preparation, and time - lots of time - but that's a huge maybe.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Well to be honest - maybe - with the right amount of preparation, and time - lots of time - but that's a huge maybe.

Here I agree with you ... time is the MAJOR factor.
But virtually every circle and especially the most complex ones are all apparently created within just a few hours ... there is NO time luxury to spend working out something as simple as an angle when there's an entire complex design to be created in a very limited period of time.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   

SORRY ... double post

Here I agree with you ... time is the MAJOR factor.
But virtually every circle and especially the most complex ones are all apparently created within just a few hours ... there is NO time luxury to spend working out something as simple as an angle when there's an entire complex design to be created in a very limited period of time.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by afoolbyanyothername]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

reply to post by vox2442

So again, youre saying it would be simple to create ANY angle required with nothing more than a few lengths of rope ? Perhaps 45, 90, 180 degrees shouldn't be a problem but a design with multiple angles that are NOT derivates of 45 or 90 degrees I would tend to think would NOT be trivial to create ... especially in the dark and on scales of 100's of meters.
Perhaps I'm wrong and it really is simple ... so how would YOU go about creating an exact required angle of say 58 degrees in a wheat field?

Wow did you ever take geometry at all? Anything you can draw on paper can be scaled up if you know where 45 degree angle is and a 90 degree angle you can figure out anything in between with a tape measure come on how do you think they build houses! Are you really being serious here god i hope not if so this explains alot about people who believe that humans cant do this.Just because you cant do it doesn't mean that other people out there that cant do basic geometry. At this point i would suggest you stop checking out crop circle websites and go read a math book!

Decided to add one more thing did you realize you can use a simple compass to set degrees if you know where north is any angle is possible. If they didnt want to use a ruler or a compass in the field could also use marking a rope. I could keep going with this but i think you get the point.

[edit on 7/12/09 by dragonridr]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Wow did you ever take geometry at all? Anything you can draw on paper can be scaled up if you know where 45 degree angle is and a 90 degree angle you can figure out anything in between with a tape measure come on how do you think they build houses! Are you really being serious here god i hope not if so this explains alot about people who believe that humans cant do this.Just because you cant do it doesn't mean that other people out there that cant do basic geometry. At this point i would suggest you stop checking out crop circle websites and go read a math book!

I certainly DO know what a 45 and 90 degree angle looks like ... and please DO NOT assume knowledge of my level of geometrical knowledge!
But I notice that in your diatribe above you have said absolutely NOTHING about how YOU would go about creating an EXACT 58 degree angle in the dark and with a time limit hanging over you but have stated it is very EASY to do.
So, please educate me ... just HOW would YOU create said angle with a tape measure ? Feel free to give DETAILED instructions.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by afoolbyanyothername

And by the way, I'm not on this thread to dispute that crop circles can't be faked ... rather I'm here to present a much more simpler, rational, logical and technically feasible explanation behind the crop circle experience.

Go here to read about it ....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
reply to post by nightmare_david

You are a strange little man. Your words mean nothing. You just say stuff that has no relevence. Take a side. You cant prove there are aliens visiting earth so you wiggle your way out.

Nobody on here can prove without a shadow of a doubt aliens are visiting Earth and I never said or implied in any way at all that I believe they do. Yes I believe aliens exist, but I have no clue if they've been here. Again, you're making it sound like I said something I never said.

Can you prove they haven't been here? Don't say yes, because if you do, you have to PROVE that by showing EVIDENCE.

I haven't wiggled my way out of anything and I'm far from strange
Go on and keep it up with the personal attacks. I really don't care at all. Just proves that you're immature and unwilling to have an adult conversation.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

yes i could using a total station i can set the EXACT angles and distancses to key points from one central location

i can even program it to do parts of the job automatically

angular acuracy to 05 seconds , and distances to +/- 1mm are easaily acieavable

all i would need is a paper plan and calculator

if i was to attempt a crop circle - all laying out and surveying would be prformed in advance

it really would speed up the ` on the night ` operations

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
that video was amazing! It confirmed so many ideas that have been swirling around my head. A++. Those who are open to receive will understand. Wow.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I think you've missed my point completely.

Of course you can preplan the design using software or even the old fashioned way by hand and work it out on paper so to speak.
But all I'm asking is for you to pretend you're in a huge field full of chest high wheat obscuring your view of the ground ... it's pitch dark (ok, I'll give you a flashlight
) and you have a very limited time to create the entire massive and complex design. But lets make it simple, shall we ... i just want you to explain HOW you would transfer your paper design of a 58 degree angle EXACTLY (not 55 or 57 or 60 degrees) onto the ground and lay two UNWAVERING lines of say 73 meters extending away from that angle using rope and your tape measure.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

reply to post by ignorant_ape

I think you've missed my point completely.

Of course you can preplan the design using software or even the old fashioned way by hand and work it out on paper so to speak.
But all I'm asking is for you to pretend you're in a huge field full of chest high wheat obscuring your view of the ground ... it's pitch dark (ok, I'll give you a flashlight
) and you have a very limited time to create the entire massive and complex design. But lets make it simple, shall we ... i just want you to explain HOW you would transfer your paper design of a 58 degree angle EXACTLY (not 55 or 57 or 60 degrees) onto the ground and lay two UNWAVERING lines of say 73 meters extending away from that angle using rope and your tape measure.

I'd imagine that would be veeerrry tough. Maybe...impossible
I propose the same question.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

If you can figure out a 45 and a 90 degree angle from point A.You create a point B and C along those lines at anthere called triangles then measure between those two point. For simplicity sake will say its 45 feet. Now you know 1 degree equals 1 foot think you can firgure out the rest yourself at this point. To make it even quicker you could pre mark a rope if you start with a diagram which they do by the way. Obviosly i dont have to assume your level of geometry your proving it.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Im the one triggering this Crop Circles
GUYS LISTEN TO ME!

The Phoenix is part of me.
And proof is that Time isnst Real. What is real is Eternity. The Phoenix lives for 1000 years, drops a egg and rebirbh after another 1000 years of darkness cycle is over.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by AKNOWLEGE_ME]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

If you can figure out a 45 and a 90 degree angle from point A.You create a point B and C along those lines at anthere called triangles then measure between those two point. For simplicity sake will say its 45 feet. Now you know 1 degree equals 1 foot think you can firgure out the rest yourself at this point. To make it even quicker you could pre mark a rope if you start with a diagram which they do by the way. Obviosly i dont have to assume your level of geometry your proving it.

You are talking about "figuring it out". That's different from achieving it physically. Calm down there smarty.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join