It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sotomayor Backers Attack The Firefighter

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Eventually the majority's passive feelings of powerlessness are going to manifest in active expressions of anger. I for one, an sick of tiptoeing around poor negros who expect me to pay indefinitely for injustices both real and imagined perpetrated by imaginary and long dead white men who are part of a conspiratorial plan to keep the black man down.

The same mentality is prevalent in backward muslim countries where rather than trying to compete in the 21st century, they want to take us back to the 7th century where they think they have a chance at regaining global relevance.

Incapable test takers (According to Hartford City attorneys blacks score poorly on multiple choice tests) want to lower the bar across the board so they can compete. Ignorance by choice is a mental disorder. How about pulling up your pants and completing high school? Maybe you would do better on multiple choice tests?!#$@

This is the dumbing down of America and angry negroes are determined to get what "they deserve" no matter what. I am currently in Akron, OH where this attitude is prevalent.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333
Eventually the majority's passive feelings of powerlessness are going to manifest in active expressions of anger. I for one, an sick of tiptoeing around poor negros who expect me to pay indefinitely for injustices both real and imagined perpetrated by imaginary and long dead white men who are part of a conspiratorial plan to keep the black man down.

The same mentality is prevalent in backward muslim countries where rather than trying to compete in the 21st century, they want to take us back to the 7th century where they think they have a chance at regaining global relevance.

Incapable test takers (According to Hartford City attorneys blacks score poorly on multiple choice tests) want to lower the bar across the board so they can compete. Ignorance by choice is a mental disorder. How about pulling up your pants and completing high school? Maybe you would do better on multiple choice tests?!#$@

This is the dumbing down of America and angry negroes are determined to get what "they deserve" no matter what. I am currently in Akron, OH where this attitude is prevalent.

Attitude? So tell me, in Akron OH do you even talk to any of those "negroes" outside of work or are any of your boys (friends, thats for you!) black? Have you ever bothered to talk to them? Hell at least i try to meet peeps halfway. I don't have to pull up my pants, this is how i wear them. When you start paying for them maybe you can say something..and i get don't my joints from Wally World either. Your talking out the side of your neck chief and i graduated from high school, as did ALL of my siblings.

What tests are those Hartford City attorneys talking about? Were those racially biased as well? You probably back your assumptions with quotes from the Bell Curve.

I can go around tossing racial epitaphs like you all day, but i won't..it doesn't solve anything. Back to business.

I'm really pissed that no one, not Al, Jesse, or the NAACP has even asked to see the damn test..i want to see what questions was being asked. And before people go insulting black people collectively (which i have been reading this thread), let's not forget that Al and Jesse came up from the ol'skool when black people sat at the back of the bus, had separate water fountains, and separate was considered equal (The Supreme Court rules IN FAVOR of that back in the day). This was only 40 years ago and those white people that fought so hard and loud against that change are still around, they just moved up and replaced their parents.

When you fight for that long against an enemy that surrounds you it get's hard to distinguish the BS from the official.

The Jena Six, that's Al doing his best. This however *sigh* so much healing...

[edit on 11-7-2009 by cenpuppie]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
President Obama busted his but to hold the positions that he did such as

-graduating Harvard Law School magna cum laude

-President of the Harvard Law Review

-A successful campaign to become a U.S. Senator

-Writing and having published his own book about race

-Served as a professor of constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School and later on as a Lecturer

-Winning the U.S. Presidency

SURELY a man such as this sees the value of busting your butt and hardcore study and focus on your goals to get ahead in life?

What in the living holy ruckus wrangler could he possibly see in the benefit of promoting Sotomayer to the Supreme Court when she voted against a exam that puts your knowledge of a subject to the limits?

I sure as heck know I could not pass the bar exam. I would probably have to study for 12 hours a day for a year to do it. If I was lucky. Maybe two years of 12 hour a day study.

How does he throw that straight out the window when he is choosing a supreme court judge?

I know I am not looking at it as politics, which it is. I know I do not take the persons sex or race into account. I am trying to take into account she had a ruling that goes completely against everything Obama worked for in his life. Hard work and study to get ahead.

Craptacular. Outstandingly pooptastic.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

I am still not getting that. What ideology were they debating? Was it the ideology of racism? What? You lost me at ideology. Please explain further just exactly they were voting on? I am not the smartest poster on the board.

Ideology: such a body of doctrine, myth, etc., with reference to some political and social plan, as that of fascism, along with the devices for putting it into operation

They let their personal political leanings interfere with their sworn job to uphold the U.S. Constitution. A certain political ideology to favor some races over others, thereby not making them equal, is heavy in certain members of the Supreme Court.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

That's what i say, ahem bro. It only took me about week before i realized that it wouldn't have matter who we voted for. Barack worked his ass to get where he is at, only to get punked by TPTB. I think this justice was a choice of a collective and not his personally.

But hell, Dick was able to shot someone in the grill, tell everyone he did it, and walked away prosecution free so..

To me personally, it quite frightening. The reasons why i voted him in seem to have been pused to the side. I thought he had some balls and would actually say "Enough..this BS is not only ain't gonna fly but it's ova over".

Then after educating myself some more, i finally realized that the presidency is impotent, all power lies with lobbying. The presidenyof the US was casterated when Freddy signed in the Federal Reserve.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
But hell, Dick was able to shot someone in the grill, tell everyone he did it, and walked away prosecution free so.

So, do you believe Cheney shot him on purpose, and therefore deserves prosecution; or that all accidents should have someone prosecuted for them?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I see what you are saying now. Yeah So much for lady justice being blind. Bitch is peeking out from under the blindfold.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I see what you are saying now. Yeah So much for lady justice being blind. Bitch is peeking out from under the blindfold.

And for certain people the scales are way out of balance.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
As a former volunteer firefighter and training officer for my department, I attended many fire fighting schools. At the end of each school, we were tested on what we had learned. No pass the test, no certification. All of the training schools I went through were provided and run by the big city fire departments and our tests were basically the same tests they took for their certifications. Never was there any type of question that didn't have to do with firefighting.

I can't imagine a department giving a test that included a question about the Beatles or SPF! Personally, I think that's a bunch of crap.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

-graduating Harvard Law School magna cum laude

Doing well enough in law school for four years?

-President of the Harvard Law Review

Being president of a student club is impressive?

-A successful campaign to become a U.S. Senator

You're impressed by a political campaign run by a candidate's party?

-Writing and having published his own book about race

Because no one else has written a book, right?

-Served as a professor of constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School and later on as a Lecturer

He was never a professor. He was a lecturer. "Professor" means that he was tenure track; he was not.

-Winning the U.S. Presidency

Public speaking and campaign run by your party still doesn't impress me.

I suggest that you find better examples to show Obama's work ethic. Sorry to nitpick.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I think she has already been confirmed. She has had sit-downs with senate members, so they already know what they want.

The "hearings" will be a show for the public to see.

Going back to the firefighter case. Although I think he should have been promoted, I think Sotomayor ruled based on how that law was written.

(a) Title VII prohibits intentional acts of employment discrimina
tion based on race, color, religion, sex, and national origin, 42 U. S. C.
§2000e–2(a)(1) (disparate treatment), as well as policies or practices
that are not intended to discriminate but in fact have a dispropor
tionately adverse effect on minorities,...

So, the test was the practice to determine who received promotions, the results had a disproportionate adverse effect on some of the minorities.

Sotomayor is not the villian as she was made out to be in that case, I think that wording of "as well as policies or practices NOT INTENDED" is the worst part. It should not be in the law, if you didn't intend to do something, it shouldn't be held against you or those that earned the employment position.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
All these crappy laws about race, and sex, and handicaps - what a pile of drivel.

An employer should be able to hire who the hell he likes - if he hates green people, power to him - hire orange people instead or whatever the hell makes you happy.

So long as he doesn't try to run over people in his pickup - if they are black or blue - who cares, if you break the law the color of the skin of the victim and perp shouldn't matter a damn.

These laws are purely to create artificial divisions in society - because they are racially based laws - they are legalized racial discrimination - hypocrisy doesn't get any taller than that pile of sh-t.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Attacking the firefighter in question is akin to attacking Paula Jones when she accused Clinton of rape, is akin to attacking Joe The Plumber for asking a question of Obama, do you see a pattern here?

This is how the party of "unity" and "peace" act.

It would be like me going to trial because I stabbed someone and having people accuse the victim of running into my knife (44 times)!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

you must be outta your mind to actually believe i'm going to rely on some white dude's word

At least you wear your prejudices on your sleeve.

On topic-

I doubt the Supreme Court rendered a Racist opinion. Not all White People are Racist and to think so is an indicator of an idividuals beliefs not anyone else's.

I almost never see white on black problems any more. It is the Jews who are under attack along with smokers and fat people. There is plenty of hate to go around it has just shifted. The Koreans are getting a bum deal also.

This went before the highest court. It is over. Everything beyond that is just political hackery by intellectually dishonest people who are power mad. Sad part is that many don't even know they have left the track.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Yea, i believe Dick shot homie on purpose. He was probably talkin smack, and Dick said "I'll shoot you!" And ya man didn't believe him..and got shot.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

SHES NOT THE GAL FOR THE JOB.........I love mexicans..........I hate the ones that can't come here in the proper manne. I work with many that are scary.....I am a old school Vegas guy. But this is killin us...I was a Daddy to 2 boys......I did ok for alot of years...now it's abit diff........I can't compete with those that will take ten bucks verse....my 20 buck real style...I am now alone...and live like a spartan.. The people here without papers.....live with 10 to 20...I am 57 this oct. I work my ass off...and love it...but let me ask you...do you really believe these folks with funny paper don't hurt us or hurt our lives? If not ....check out the umc profile in Las Vegas. Understand I have 35 years around here. You can believe as you wish about this town...but it's going down due to the huge amount of people that sneak in. UMC is our county hospital.......it is rippled with cost and lack of..as many are..but the folks that need it in there later years are without help...and they paid into it...now you take it from there.

Enigma

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenIndaSun
reply to post by groingrinder

I think she has already been confirmed. She has had sit-downs with senate members, so they already know what they want.

The "hearings" will be a show for the public to see.

Going back to the firefighter case. Although I think he should have been promoted, I think Sotomayor ruled based on how that law was written.

(a) Title VII prohibits intentional acts of employment discrimina
tion based on race, color, religion, sex, and national origin, 42 U. S. C.
§2000e–2(a)(1) (disparate treatment), as well as policies or practices
that are not intended to discriminate but in fact have a dispropor
tionately adverse effect on minorities,...

So, the test was the practice to determine who received promotions, the results had a disproportionate adverse effect on some of the minorities.

Sotomayor is not the villian as she was made out to be in that case, I think that wording of "as well as policies or practices NOT INTENDED" is the worst part. It should not be in the law, if you didn't intend to do something, it shouldn't be held against you or those that earned the employment position.

Well your right and your wrong the law itself doesnt apply to this situation at all.But your right this wasn't her fault either a lower court had already made a ruling on this before it came before her. Instead of hearing testimony and making her own decision she actually passed this on to the supreme court. She decided not to overturn the lower court decision but she didn't confirm it either she decided this was a case for the supreme court. Even though i do believe she is not the kind of person we want on the supreme court in this case she did nothing wrong since this was not her decision. The only decision she had was to overturn it and in the end both sides were going to take it to the supreme court so why bother.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Yea, i believe Dick shot homie on purpose. He was probably talkin smack, and Dick said "I'll shoot you!" And ya man didn't believe him..and got shot.

And you or someone you know has evidence of this, right?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by samhouston1886

Amen to that, I happen to be Puertorican and this piece of trash women doesn't align with the sentiments of Puertorican around.

She side herself with and kiss up to radical Hispanic (specially illegals) in the nation.

She is trash and as a Puertorican I an ashame of her, she doesn't belong in the bench of the highest court of the nation.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Is rumors, but rumors always have a way to be closes to the truth, When Cheney shot his friend he was drunk (that is why he didn't get an alcohol test) and angry (is well known that Cheney retreats are for business purposes and to push agendas ) so all you have to do is add one and one and make your own opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join