It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judenrein! Israel adopts Nazi term to back settlers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Judenrein! Israel adopts Nazi term to back settlers

Dan Williams – Reuters July 9, 2009

Hosting the German foreign minister this week, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu used an especially tainted term to condemn the Palestinian demand that Israel's settlements in the occupied West Bank be removed.

"Judea and Samaria cannot be Judenrein," a Netanyahu confidant quoted him as telling Frank-Walter Steinmeier.

Asked how Germany's top diplomat responded to hearing the Nazi Holocaust term for areas "cleansed of Jews," the confidant said, "What could he do? He basically just nodded."

Protocol might have indicated that a representative of the country that carried out the World War Two genocide, and which has since made much effort to atone, be spared such invocations.

But these are not normal times for the right-wing Netanyahu coalition. It faces unprecedented U.S. pressure to make way for a Palestinian state on West Bank land that many Jews call Judea and Samaria and consider their eternal, biblical birthright.

Hence the jaw-dropper defiance of "Judenrein," which the confidant said Netanyahu had encouraged cabinet colleagues to deploy in their defense of the settlements and of Israel's insistence that Palestinians recognize it as a Jewish state.

Briefing foreign reporters last week, Deputy Prime Minister Dan Meridor, a stalwart of Netanyahu's Likud party, urged them to ask whether "Palestinians would accept that Jews will live among them, or whether it is going to be totally not allowed."

"'Judenrein' is the term that was once used in other countries," Meridor said darkly, in remarks echoed the next day by another Likud minister who briefed journalists and diplomats.

Some diplomats have quietly questioned the propriety of applying such comparisons to a Middle East conflict which is a unique mix of race and religion, conquest and coexistence.

German officials made no comment on the terminology.

RUSE?

The Palestinians, for their part, see a rhetorical ruse by an Israeli leadership which has shown little appetite for entering negotiations on a two-state peace accord.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
What Israel does in the Middle East and to the Palestinians is unique and horrible. To achieve an awareness of precedence the Israeli state invokes the memory of the Holocaust to camouflage it 21st century crimes against humanity. As long as the Israeli stop short of liquidating to extinction the people it has concentrated behind walls it feels free to do what it wants.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I gotta say, you post every little thing about Israel... I mean, Israelis shooting civilians, thats worth posting... it would do some good to your credibility if you didnt post about things like this.
I mean, Israel gets compared to Nazi Germany all the time, they're going to say the same thing.

If I get called a slut, I call the other person a skank, regardless of whether or not I am a slut

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

If I get called a slut, I call the other person a skank, regardless of whether or not I am a slut

I can assure you that I have never invaded anyone's land, built walls around communities or killed civilians by the thousands. I really don't know what you are talking about and I didn't invent these horrors.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
You misunderstand. I was referring to Israel using holocaust references. People so often say they are nazis. So they call others nazis. See my metaphor now?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Let me see if I have this straight.

Israel wants to build a wall around itself to keep out all the Palestinians. But they also want to have communities of Israelis living in the Palestinian land.

If Palestinian lands cannot be free of Jews, then why do Israeli lands have to be free of Palestinians?

THE NAZIS HAVE TAUGHT THE JEWS WELL. I wonder when they will start building gas chambers and crematoriums to settle the "Palestinian problem"?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Let me see if I have this straight.

Israel wants to build a wall around itself to keep out all the Palestinians. But they also want to have communities of Israelis living in the Palestinian land.

If Palestinian lands cannot be free of Jews, then why do Israeli lands have to be free of Palestinians?

THE NAZIS HAVE TAUGHT THE JEWS WELL. I wonder when they will start building gas chambers and crematoriums to settle the "Palestinian problem"?

The Israelis actually build the walls around the Palestinians then construct protected roads through it. As if this not enough, settlers decend on these walled communities and take the farms or the hills within. These too are walled and guarded by Israeli Occupation Forces. For Palestinians moving within their closed enclaves, they have to negotiate check points or have to apply for permits. Sometimes Palestinians have to get permits to enter their backyards if there is an olive grove or farmed plots. Overtime, they loose these arable plots through accumulation of penalties and is handed over to settlers.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The lesson here is that some of the descendants of the brutalised oppressed of the Holocaust have become the brutalising oppressors of today, and and are following horribly in the footsteps of those who oppressed them.

Nobody should ever be so foolish however, to blame the actions of the Israeli Government on Jews, just like it is foolish to blame the actions of Al Qaeda on Muslims and the actions of The Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda on Christians.

To be a Zionist you do not have to be Jewish.

Just someone who feels a Greater Israel is legitimate and right makes them qualified. Religion and race does not come into it.

Which is why the claim often thrown about by Zionists that any critic of Israel is anti-Jewish is without merit, a slur aimed at discrediting the critics and to silence them.

If you are Jewish and a critic, well then Israel's supporters have to come up with another slur.

Noam Chomsky is Jewish, and an ardent critic of Israel. For this he is slammed as being a "self-hating Jew."

Many Neo-Cons are Zionists, believing a Greater Israel is tied to the benefit of American interests and domination of The Middle East. Israel is like the US bastion in The Middle East.

Bush, Cheney, Rice, Bolton, all Zionists.

Others are Zionists because of the racist view that Israel is representative of brave civillised pioneers against the 'barbarians' of The Middle East.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by Regensturm]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Regensturm

Excellent analysis. Unfortunately geopolitical understandings on what motivates world powers is lost on most. They can only react to the triggers they have been conditioned to respond to.

While most believe that all wars emanate from Israel, the fail to see that the dominate influence is the US and Israel serves as a proxy and whipping boy.

Further to this, Americans actually think that Israel has hijacked US foreign policy due to the activities of the Lobby and various trans-national agencies of influence when they merely serve as interlocutors between the State Department and elected officials ignorant of the application of power in a very real sense.

Israel is about convincing American centres of power of its indispensability hence the heavy presence of Israelis in areas of American interests. Israel is actually the goffer state for the US and in return the US furnishes it with sustenance. You might Israel is the addict and the US the dealer.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Agreed. The US-Israel relationship can be best described as a bondage, reliant on each other for mutual benefit.

That's certainly how the Zionists in America and how Israel itself sees it anyway. Israel is actually hindering America.

Israel will try to increase it's influence in America though. It's their bankroll, their guarantor, so it's natural therefore that there will be pro-Israel lobbies in America.

Together with Zionists in America who feel Israel is the US bastion in The Middle East, you have a partnership made.

America fails to realise that Israel's actions are also directly implicating America and undermining it's stance in The Middle East, hot helped by The War in Iraq, and the sabre-rattling against Iran.

Americans are waking up, they are beginning to become aware of the situation. The media of the television, newspaper and radio no longer has the grip it had with thew advent of the internet, of twitter, youtube and etc.

Iran is often blamed for threatening to start an nuclear arms race in The Middle East.

Israel fired the starting gun, it has nuclear weapons, where are the inspections?

[edit on 19-7-2009 by Regensturm]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
reply to post by Regensturm

While most believe that all wars emanate from Israel, the fail to see that the dominate influence is the US and Israel serves as a proxy and whipping boy.

Sorry, but I disagree. Israel openly admits it controls the USA. Current events support it. The Iraq war was for Israel. The wars in Pakistan and Afghanistan are for Israel. Yes, at some distant point in the future, America may secure gas and oil pipelines, but that is only so that it further ensures Israel's interests.

The US government is openly run by dual-citizenship Israelis, such as LIEberman, Rahm, and many others. The federal reserve is openly run by zionists, and has been since at least the carter years. Senators and Presidents openly pledge absolute support to Israel. When does Israel openly support the US? Never. The US guarantees Israeli oil and bankrolls Israeli wars and weaponry. The propaganda that such a relationship helps America's economy is simply that--propaganda, because most of these loans are indefinite in that Israel either doesn't have to pay the money back or there is no time limit as to when Israel has to pay it back.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Masonwatcher, I recommend that you read A Durable Peace: Israel and Its Place Among the Nations by PM Netanyahu, if you can bring yourself to.

You will see that this book was published in 2000 and he makes the same argument here. So the "Judenrein" take on things is nothing new or invented, and even if you don't agree with the sentiment (which of course you don't), it's hard to deny that it is his opinion, which makes it a valid one does it not?

I'll even lend it to you if you like

top topics

join