It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 top of live TV poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

9/11 top of live TV poll

www.mirror.co.uk

The 9/11 terror attacks have been voted the most iconic live TV event of all time.
The Moon landing in 1969 came second in an online TV Licensing poll of 2000 adults.

Top 5:
1- 9/11
2- Moon landing
3- Diana Funeral
4- Berlin Wall fall
5- Obama inauguration

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 01/06/09 by LiveForever8]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
In my opinion the Moon landing is still the number one iconic moment.
Its a sign of the times that a terrorist attack is at number one.

Who agrees/disagrees?
Are there any other iconic moments that should make the top 5?

In the article, John Humphrys, of Radio 4's Today programme, admitted he missed the birth of his daughter to watch Neil Armstrong walk on the moon.

I really cant see anyone missing the birth of their child so thay can watch the coverage of 9/11. This is just one reason why for me the Moon landing is still number one.

Its the right kind of statement of intent. Showing mankinds ambition and bravery.

www.mirror.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I agree the moon landing is the most iconic tv moment of all time,whether we went there or not it's something i wish i was alive to watch.
i hope in my time i see a similar thing with mars.

9/11 was very shocking tv,something i'll never forget,thinking it was a joke when someone told me to turn on the news.

i didn't watch the diana funeral,it was a sad day for the whole country.
i was very young when the berlin wall fell but remember it vividly,alot of anger & relief that day

i watched some of the obama inauguration on sky news,a moment of change that we'll hopefully look back on in years to come & say he changed things for the better

[edit on 11-7-2009 by rhynouk]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I couldn't find any information regarding the ages of those 2000 who were polled. But, I think it just goes to show it entirely depends on what generation you're asking.

If I was growing up and saw the moon landing on TV then yes I'd have to agree it would be the most iconic moment on TV. However, considering I wasn't born for another 11 years it makes it hard to justify it at #1. Now regarding 9/11 I can recall the exact moment I was told to turn on the news, watching the 2nd plane hit live and what exactly everything I did for the day following the events.

Being an online poll also adds to the probability that those answering the poll would be of a younger generation such as myself and more than likely never saw the moon landing live in 1969. The attack on 9/11 also had a much broader coverage world wide and impact on the global community then the others. It was the root of 2 wars that are still continuing to this day and one of the most talked about conspiracies.

top topics

join