It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Howdy everyone,

My name is Nathan. I'm an American graduate of high school, and since most of you are probably not low-life teenagers looking to be haXors!!11one then I'll assume that you're smart enough to infer quite a bit from that information.

I am a writer, particularly of fiction, poetry, and lyrics; but occasionally I'll write an opinion or two on politics, faith, education, or something in between the three. Although many would label me one, I don't consider myself a Christian, so much as one who is adopted into the Fold and taken out of the dogmatic religious bologna that was the Law. The Law being fulfilled, I don't believe I am above it, but I'm no longer bound to death because of it.

That being said I'll tell you some things I enjoy. I enjoy movies, in particular I enjoy The Dark Knight, The Usual Suspects, Once Upon A Time In Mexico, Public Enemies, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Megiddo (Omega Code 2), Braveheart, The Patriot, Shawshank Redemption, Night at the Museum, and Monsters Inc. That's just a quick list. I also enjoy music but have a weird and picky taste. I enjoy heavy metal, but will suddenly change to Beethoven or Mozart, maybe something by Tchaikovsky (he was my favorite as a little child). I play the guitar with rudimentary skill, as well as the keyboards, drums, flute, trumpet, and bass guitar with rudimentary skill. At one point in time, which started for me in first grade, I could play the recorder better than most elementary music teachers.

As for reading material, I read classics. Barnes and Noble has an extensive (though not exhaustive) list of Classics which they have published their own editions of, and I am currently making an effort to read all of them, even ones that I have already read such as The Republic by Plato and Dante's Inferno. I occasionally enjoy a book by Oliver North, or other ex-military patriots. I'm not too big on non-fiction unless it has some historical relevance to it. A particular thing of interest to me, especially in read, is the Holocaust. I can never read enough about it and hope to continue reading about it until the day I die. I may never discover what exactly fascinates me, but I sympathize with the plight of those Jews who were persecuted for being who they are.

Anyways, that is all I have to say and there's no point complaining about it, it's been posted in the basement of the galactic demolition committee room for years. Have a nice day.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Nice to meet you Nathan, hope you enjoy your stay at ATS I find I hilarious sometimes and down right annoying at others, if your interested there is a writers forum on here somewhere you could probably team up with some like minded people in there.

Great quotes from HGTTG by the way, love that movie!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
METAAALLL!!!

Thats all I needed to hear

new topics

join