It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel submits LOR for F-35

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Israel orders 1st stealth F-35 squadron.

Israel moved a step closer to receiving its first stealth fighter jets this week after the Israel Air Force submitted an official Letter of Request (LOR) to the Pentagon to purchase its first squadron of 25 F-35 stealth fighter jets.

Defense officials said that while the LOR was submitted this week, negotiations regarding the final price of the plane - estimated at around $100 million - as well as the integration of Israeli systems would continue.

The LOR will be followed by the signing of a contract in the beginning of 2010. The first aircraft are scheduled to arrive in Israel in 2014.

www.jpost.com...

I changed the title because it was misleading.

[edit on 11/7/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
What the bet they get them for nothing?

the amount of money going into israel from america is rediculous.......personally I think the stealth fighter should remain only american, they shouldnt sell it to the world.......

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I don't think Israel should get it since it could be argued that they would sell the technology to people such as the Chinese. That being said, the F-35 should be sold to select nations, because, well, there wouldn't be an F-35 without international partnership.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
The first aircraft are scheduled to arrive in Israel in 2014.

so they are confident of stopping Iran from getting Nuclear since they are purchasing Planes to be used in 2014

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Wow they were offered F-22s to purchase but they refused because it was too expensive
Whats so much better about the F35? I mean its only like 20mil less is it not.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya
Wow they were offered F-22s to purchase but they refused because it was too expensive
Whats so much better about the F35? I mean its only like 20mil less is it not.

I don't think Israel has been offered the F22. The cost of both the F22 and the F35 seem to go up and down like a yo-yo.

Israel is only a "security partner" so I wonder how much influence they have in the integration of their own local systems and what they actually be able to achieve without US concessions.

Regards

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
Israel orders 1st stealth F-35 squadron.

Question is... will they actually be getting a 'stealth' aircraft?

Or will they get the donkey model...

[edit on 11/7/09 by kilcoo316]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

I don't think they were ever offered the F-22, however Japan could be offered the F-22, for a price of 290 million each, which is far more than a 20 million dollar delta to the F-35. F-35 should be far more multirole and far better in the battlefield strike role that Israel likely wants and needs. For example, it has larger weapon bays for 2000lb bombs, far better HMD, EOTS and DAS, and to be honest the advantages of the F-22 don't seem very relevant when fighting countries like Iran.

Remember Israel called it "the ideal fighter plane" that "they'd like to have very much".

The cost of both the F22 and the F35 seem to go up and down like a yo-yo.

Nope, just up.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Oh well you are correct, it was not a deal they were making, it was just talks.
I can not find the article but it talked about possibly selling them the f-22, despite ban (it is illegal to sell the top technology to countries, even allies apparently). But if Im not mistaken it was a Mr. Gates who was considering it. He was offering the 'potential' of it but Israel declined saying it cost too much, they just like their F-16s.
America likes their monopoly on the f-22, haha, but I dont see why you guys dont use them. Statistics I heard said they are not in use in Afghanistan/Iraq, and that they're considering stopping production soon actually (!) which would be kind of a waste... I mean far as I know the only action they got was in Iron Man

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The F-22 would be perfect for Israel to use against Iran..whoever said it isn't is crazy. Iran has assloads of air defenses around all of its nuclear sites - the F-22 would certainly do a better job of getting into that airspace without being shot at than the F-35, especially with Russia selling Iran S-300s. You would use the F-22 to knock out Iran's IAD in the first part of an attack.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
By the time 2014 rolls around, Iran should already have a working atomic bomb. Or a large inventory of weapons grade uranium stashed away in some hidden locations.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsalex
The F-22 would be perfect for Israel to use against Iran..whoever said it isn't is crazy. Iran has assloads of air defenses around all of its nuclear sites - the F-22 would certainly do a better job of getting into that airspace without being shot at than the F-35, especially with Russia selling Iran S-300s. You would use the F-22 to knock out Iran's IAD in the first part of an attack.

I am not sure F22 is configured as SEAD. Has F22 got an air to ground role.

F22 is overkill for Israel and won't happen anyway.

Regards

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

probably used the hundreds of millions they get in holocaust pity dollars from the US each year, to pay for the new toys

top topics

join