It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if there is No God? At all!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Off topic, and not meant in a rude way... but why do so many of the hard core, religious fanatics seem to have serious issues with using correct grammar?

I think a lot less frustration would occur if I could read posts that didnt take me twice as long as they should, because they make no sense.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Bluebelle]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

You said: "I would live the rest of my days sad".

I would be sad too, Pepsi.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
There is not. WOW look out......is the earth still spinning? Yep, ok
Then you will continue to live your life, hopefully a honest, moralistic one. When the short story known as your life is over. FIN. Hopefully you will have left a good enough impression on the people you surrounded yourself with and others you briefly came in contact that you will be fondly remembered and missed.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Balone

I never knew that Paul Harvey would let his Religious beliefs overwhelm his humanity and desire for equal rights for ALL Americans and ALL Humans.

Paul Harvey thinks Gay people are the work of the devil ............................................................and that's the rest of the story

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

hehehe

spot on, my grammar is tosh, but i can type with my eyes closed faster than most people speak heh

gave you a star for that comment!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

so you made WKD?

I knew it!!! YOUR THE DEVIL!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I think it would be a relief if I knew one way or the other. I'm not a bad person, so I'm not worried about any consequences of leading a bad life, but just not knowing and having no way of knowing drives me crazy.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Rachel Meyers

Well that's kind of tough, because if it's the christianity of the thousands that is right, well you have to believe that jesus christ is your personal savior, and so on with each religion.

Doesn't matter if you're a good person or not.

You got to find one and pick them.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
If it was proven that God did not exist then we would all plod along as normal. "We" being most of the west.

Nations shakled to religion (e.g. Iran) would have a few problems with legitimacy and the Vatican would have to rethink a few things, but all in all life would go on.

You see most nations are secular and have the capacity to change. Things would just shift towards a more humanist viewpoint. Good people would still be good and bad would still be bad.

However, the problem with the question is that you can neither prove God exists or does not exist. That's the rub. Even if you somehow proved God did not exist a block of people would not believe you!

Regards

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I honestly believe there is no god. My entire life even as a child I thought the belief in a higher power was just plain silly.
The way I see it is, If there was a god why would he create a world where creatures in order to survive would consume each other. If I was creating a world and I was supposed to be good I would create a perfect world in harmony.
If you look at the way our world is, It’s all suffering, hate, destruction, just plain chaos. We set up governments and societies to get some order out of chaos but it’s not indefinite. Everything ends in Failure.
If there is a god where is it? He made everything and just left? Why would he not stick around to enjoy his creation and be involved.
Were just supposed to have faith that he is there? That’s just plain stupid.

Even though I firmly believe there is no God that doesn't stop me from being a good person. I help people when they need it and I don’t discriminate. I try to be the best person I can be regardless of the outcome. The belief in a god has no jurisdiction in how I live my life.
I believe if you’re a good person good things will happen to you.
My life is great, I have a great family and were all happy.

If there is a God and some day he comes forth to be recognized, I’m going to chew his arse for abandoning us and creating such a terrible world.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkice19

i was just on another thread debating this very issue.

i think the point is WHAT is god? not WHO as you can see by my sig...

lets look at this point shall we?

we have many faiths but what do they all have in common? we was "created"

many people use the function of wording to describe creation as WHO..

then we get to the function of wording as in relation as in WHY.. why did something create us? and for what reason?

do you not notice that the words are all the same and so are the questions ones asking?

WHO WHY?

they are both one of the same thing? so what would that mean if we are asking WHO and WHY?

well it means what ever made us is also asking WHY AND WHO

its logical to assume that god is not aware of use just as you are not aware as to why you formulate the answers in response to a conversation in the pub.

In this brings many answers and questions that keep the questions going .. for as vast as the universe may seem it is as simple as the symmetry on the wings of a butterfly.

we have order for a reason because its a choice.. we did not ask the question resulting in infinity.

life was created so what is death? well its the same thing as life correct? for in order to be alive one must not be here in order to be created

Logic

what ever made us did not care.. but we "life" are the outcome of it..

question / result of question choice / result of choice / life and death..

simple but complex more so when you have to live with this in your head knowing that when you are dead you are going to be creating life / or the universe that created YOU

the old saying "well not so old" that energy and matter can no be destroyed is true.. and why?

because something made BOTH matter and energy for thy are one of the same thing

you body has a shape that is order...

your mind has no shape this is chaos

yin / yang

but the / part of that many people ask is the very creation of both yin and yang

for without it what would be the reason to ask if you knew it all in the first place?

asking questions is the engine of life its self and it comes in many forms and functions

we are just one of many functions

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
1) Do you think you're day to day life would change.

If there were no God, then most likely there would be no Underworld, Nirvana, Heaven, Avalon, Happy Hunting Grounds, whatever. Therefore it would make me appreciate life and every passing day all the more, living each day as if it were my last...although now that I consider it, I should be doing that any way.

2) Would you change your behaviour.

Even if I were a devout Christian, Jew, Muslim, Hindi, Zoroastrian, etc. it would not change my life in any respect.

I never understood the purpose of being moral to appease a God. That's rather akin to behaving while your parent is watching but being a hellspawn the moment they leave you with the babysitter, or drop you off at school.

Are religious people really that shallow, fake, and such bold-face liars that they would only behave in the manner in which their religion expects them to, for no other reason than to gain favor of their God? How pathetic if that is true!

If one is true to themselves (and thereby true to their religion) then they live the way that they do because it is the right course of action, God or no God. A Seeker of Truth need not have promises of eternal reward and benediction to guide their way. Their actions and behavior are instead tempered by truth and appropriateness for no other reason that because it is the correct or right thing to do.

3) Would you be harsher to people.

On the contrary! If there were no Divine Intelligence or Being, then I would be nicer to people, knowing that the only thing that differentiates humankind from the animals is our compassion for others.

4) Would you strive harder in life, knowing your legacy is all there is?

Again, it should not matter whether God does or does not exist to affect the course of our actions! As a responsible adult, one realizes that they must work hard so that they can become something greater than forefathers and strive to pass that down to their descendants so that they may have the opportunity to become something greater than you and your forefathers. We are not automatons like Angels who lack Free Will. According to the Monotheistic religions we were created in Gods Image and given Free Will to grow and aspire to becoming as gods. We possess the uncanny ability to rise above our surroundings and become something greater than who we are. Angels are like subservient robots that serve one specific purpose and can never aspire to becoming something greater than what they were programmed to be. No wonder they were so jealous of us monkeys!

(Alas, I digress!)

Whether God does or does not exist shouldn't ever change our desire to strive to become something greater than which we are, something greater than our ancestors were, and create a legacy to pass down to our children so they can be greater still with each passing generation.

5) Would anything change, would you continue on praying, knowing 100% in your heart you're praying to nothing, but your own imagination.

Yes. Just because it was proven that there is no Divine Intelligence doesn't negate the power of prayer! Whether we are placating the Will of God to do our own lesser will when we pray, or whether we are utilizing Positive Thinking in doing so, or whether we are taping energies around us and utilizing them to fulfill our prayers, or whether we are praying to our own Higher Selves or Will, or whether we are unlocking the powers of our Unconscious Mind, or whether we are accessing the Collective Consciousness, doesn't change the fact that rituals such as prayer work. All that is happening by disproving a Divine Intelligence is negating one of the explanations for why prayer works, not changing the effectiveness of prayer.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Thou shall...Shop at my store.

Thou salt not...Shop at anybody else's store...

Making sense to yet?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
What if we are all living our own personal " The Truman Show" lives, being recorded 24/7 going through our regular personal lives, for extraterrestrial entities in another galaxy?

Interpretation. We all have interpretation of life, and they are all different.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Kinda a stretch even for a hypothetical, but ok. If such proof was found I would wager that it would be rationalized away by those inclined to do so. Rather like if such a being was proven to exist. People WILL believe what they will regardless. But regardless, our limitations are such that nothing can be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. And there is the thought that if we reached THAT level so as to prove that beyond a shadow of a doubt reality would have gods us, or shortly would.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Reply to post by Darkice19

You mean a stagnent crystaline world with nil in the way of growth?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I'd happily point out the fact that there is strong evidence that there are multiple dimensions and universes where anything is possible and that because anything imaginable is possible, and God is imaginable, that there must be a God, if not in this universe then elsewhere.

I would then start a program and take the otherwise-would-be church money of Christians to build a device to warp me into the universe that has a God, and then say ha! to the old universe.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I think that if it was proven 100%, that those who were truly affected in a negative manner would quickly find something new to cling to. Religious fanatics, imho, are people with psychological problems. They need to feel important and so there MUST be a reason that they were placed on this rock we call earth. Please do not flame me for this comment lol. These are strictly my OPINIONS.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

So Let Us Imagine, here is the scenario, take it as complete fact (hypothetically of course!)

You wake up, check the news, a new story has emerge, they have proven down to the bone, that there is NO god, and have unravelled every mystery to life, instantaneously!"

Now taking that statement as a complete fact. Bare with me.

1) Do you think you're day to day life would change.
2) Would you change your behaviour.
3) Would you be harsher to people.
4) Would you strive harder in life, knowing your legacy is all there is?
5) Would anything change, would you continue on praying, knowing 100% in your heart you're praying to nothing, but your own imagination.

If it were proven that God didn't exist, there would still be those who wont conform to the facts. I don't think it is possible for us to prove it one way or the other, but for the sake of the hypothetical, I will imagine.

Since I am agnostic, nothing really would change for me. I am already not going to church; I don't pray, nor do I blame God for my misfortunes. I take responsibility for what happens in my life, even that of which I have no control.

My perception on life would be more clear; I wouldn't try harder knowing my legacy is all I have for me. I wouldn't be harsh to people, I am not even in the least bit mean now.

I believe the the fundamentals of religion is true: companionship, humility, etc. I just cant fit my head around there being a God, but I certainly wont push that on others.

So bottom-line, nothing would really change for me.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
what if there is no god?

well one would need to define what god is...

That is the problem
What is god? is it the very fact we was created Or the wrath we shall feel when he comes back ?

Why do people believe in god(s) ? well.. he will punish you for Infinity in hell if you do not behave And if your a good little mortal you get to chillax in heaven for infinity!!!

But what if thats a load of cobblers and we are on our tod? Well best get on with it then aye ; )

Its a one way trip as far as am aware
ill deal with the god question when he is ready LOL...

; )

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join