It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take back ATS ????

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
Explain why any community would deem it appropriate to retain any member who expresses this as one of their desires.

Oh, I know this one! It's because he hasn't actually acted upon this desire, because he knows it would be detrimental to the community! And is trying to obey the rules of this community even when they clash with his own desires!

Also, he suggests an expansion to the community so that people can harmlessly work off these excitable tendencies without offending people. ie, the sensitive would never enter the Flaming Forum. Hell, now it sounds like a forum for extremely camp people. Can we have one of those too?

I mean, really, I don't see any need to get insulting over most of these topics. And I have problems with "charges of being a 'flaming arsehole' being lobbed back & forth" at any time, unless the topic is actually the lighting of farts.

Really, I'm with the moderators on the crackdown on insults and drivel. But some of them do seem a little "Do not question me, for I am a MODERATOR" to perfectly reasonable queries and mild humour..

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I appreciate the Mods watching out for me. I came from another site where there was no moderators. I was insulted and called terrible names, because some didn't like my opinions. I even received hateful and perverted private messages. I complained but all that was done was a slap on the wrist.
Than the situation just got worse.) Here at the ATS I feel I can freely state my opinion. I respect everyones opinion.... even if their's is different from mine. No two people are alike and I haven't walked in their shoes. And I don't really care about how many stars I receive. There's a whole lot of highly intelligent people here. I enjoy reading and learning from them. That's what makes the ATS GREAT! Thank-you people, from all over the World!

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I was curious about this title while tagging. Take back ATS from who? And to where?

The ebens MUST have THE ANSWER!!

Thread revival hour is here!!

[edit on 3/27/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I lurked on this site for years. I didn't join because often, the level of discourse was, frankly, intimidating. Gradually, the quality of the posts slid lower and lower on my personal scale. Then I stumbled across a thread that contained without a doubt, some of the dumbest exchanges I have ever read.

Ah ha! I said...Now I can make a mark...have some impact on a community.

Too late.

I've noticed a peculiarity in a couple of threads I've started. I call it the 'drive by' post. A poster offers an alternate or opposing view, makes a couple of points in a paragraph, and never returns to rebut follow-up statements. Many posts leave me scratching my head...??? You know the kind..."What the heck are you talking about?"

These are the only examples I've seen of Lupe's posts; but, they are lucid, intelligent, and make a point. And yes, they may be acerbic and cutting, but they are obviously not 'groupthink' or accomodating to any particular audience. I find it refreshing.

Heck, try starting a thread about the 'human herd' and view the cookie-cutter groupthink that responds.

In conclusion, I think there are a bunch of boneheaded, non-thinking posters here on ATS and BTS and I would love to see the quality of discussion raised back to the point where intimidation keeps the ranks honest and open.

Feel free to let me know if I am completely off-track with this.

Thank you,

I don't mean you, specifically, are a bonehead.

NC

[edit on 27-3-2006 by NotClever]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join