It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Images: A Cali IOU certificate and Medvedev's proposed 1-world currency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
For your viewing pleasure...

First, a PDF file image of an actual California IOU certificate:
s.wsj.net...

Next, Medvedev's proposed One World Coin ("unity in diversity"):

Medvedev Shows Off Sample Coin of New ‘World Currency’ at G-8

July 10 (Bloomberg) -- Russian President Dmitry Medvedev illustrated his call for a supranational currency to replace the dollar by pulling from his pocket a sample coin of a “united future world currency.”

“Here it is,” Medvedev told reporters today in L’Aquila, Italy, after a summit of the Group of Eight nations. “You can see it and touch it.”

The coin, which bears the words “unity in diversity,” was minted in Belgium and presented to the heads of G-8 delegations, Medvedev said.

The question of a supranational currency “concerns everyone now, even the mints,” Medvedev said. The test coin “means they’re getting ready. I think it’s a good sign that we understand how interdependent we are.”
Text

More at source:
www.bloomberg.com...

And an actual pic:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c9da23309733.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
help me understand where you're getting at please.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I have a question if anybody can answer it.

What happens if Cali doesn't have the cash when the IOU's come to maturity?

I know if I was operating a business in Cali and they issued an IOU for payment I'd send it back with return to sender stamp and demand I get paid. My suppliers aren't going to take an IOU for payment.

The businesses could force Cali to fix their budget crisis if they wanted too. Also the scary line is at the bottom of the IOU, where he says, "...I'm handling the worst cash crisis since the Great Depression..".

It really makes you think.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This is just going to make things worse. First off is the power company goigng to take an IOU for payment. I think not. And this IOU non-sense could get out of control real fast. Every one could start trying this IOU BS. This is going to go bad and go bad fast and hard.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

The simple answer to your question is that, if California is unable to redeem the registered warrants it has issued by the expected dated (10/02/2009) due to a continued lack of available cash, the State would most likely postpone the redemption date.

However, the implication couched in your question is much more complex and far more serious: What if California is unable to resolve its budget-shortfall issues by the planned redemption date?

If the State of California is not able to resolve its budget issues, and is still so cash-srtrapped that it cannot honor its debts by the end of 2009, we may very well see the end of the (once) Golden State as we've come to know her.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
It looks more like a post dated check.

We don't accept those around here.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Does anyone know what that world currency is made of? Looks like brass.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Are there any better images around of the new coins would be interesting to look at the imagery and icons on the other side and any lettering on the sides.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by johnb]

new topics

top topics

join