It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swarms of tremors could point to quake danger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Swarms of tremors could point to quake danger

www.sfgate.com

Swarms of small tremors deep beneath the ground after two recent quakes in Monterey County may be adding stress to a seismically locked segment of the San Andreas fault and could presage a major earthquake, two Berkeley scientists suggest.

The scientists detected an abrupt increase in tremor activity beneath the tiny San Luis Obispo County town of Cholame, just after two large quakes struck on the San Andreas fault in nearby Parkfield and San Simeon in Monterey County.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
We keep hearing that California, or Los Angeles, is due for another "big one," but things have been rather quiet in L.A. or San Francisco as of late.

Scientists are coming forward though to speak of mysterious tremors underneath the San Andreas fault line.

Is this build-up leading to the forecasted "big one?"

Can anybody in the LA or San Fran areas confirm these tremors or any rare activity they have noticed?

www.sfgate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-7-2009 by MOFreemason]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I'm currently in Northern california and I haven't felt anything (nothing that I've noticed anyway), but I do know that my pets, a long with some others, have been acting odd lately.

~Renarism

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I live in the Lake Arrowhead area in S. CA....about 15 miles from San Andreas Fault...Haven't had any in the past couple of weeks...BUT everyone I know has a major ant problem...Worst we've ever had...Ants EVERYWHERE!!! Also, our dogs are very jumpy....We've felt that something is gonna pop...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
A couple days ago there was a little shaking. I mean, it was strong. But there is also construction going on, on my street. It seemed weird.

I couldn't check the news because I don't have cable. I think Oregon is on the same San Andreas fault.

Hmmm.... probably unrelated, but never know. That was the first and only time it happened.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Hmm, I haven't had any ant problems (thank goodness!) - but I've had a spider problem! - I don't know how those pests are coming in but they sure are annoying !

My dogs, a long with the dogs in the neighbourhood have been barking and howling together randomly when there is nothing going on (that I'm aware of).

~Renarism

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I am in the Nor Cal interior and have felt nothing. Friends in Union city just visited and said nothing about quakes.

Saralee

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Last night on Coast to Coast AM with George Noory, there was a guest in the opening news segment that claims within the next 4 months...

...a good sized earthquake is to hit the California area. He said around a 6.0 - 7.0 sized quake.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by smilinggrandma

Your dogs are probably really jumpy because of all the ants.

Sorry couldnt resist that one.

Im sorry, but as much as everyone would like for california to rumble away into the ocean, its just not gunna happen in our lifetimes.
(Speculation of course)

It might though, lets keep our fingers crossed.

new topics

top topics

join