It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 White Workers Fired and Replaced With Unskilled Minorities

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

200 White Workers Fired and Replaced With Unskilled Minorities

www.prisonplanet.com

During the first five months of this year, with the Senate under the control of its first African-American majority leader, [State Senator Malcolm] Smith, top Democrats bemoaned the lack of minority Senate staffers.

But instead of trying to recruit new hires, they fired nearly 200 almost exclusively white workers and replaced them with a large number of minority employees, many of whom were seen by their fellow workers to be unskilled at their new jobs.

The move produced severe racial tensions, made worse by the fact that, as a high-level Democratic staffer confided, “We’
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Isn't discrimination against one group of people in favor or another group still discrimination? Two wrongs don't make right, and that's just what this kind of 'politically correct' hiring practice is: discrimination. It's sad that in this day and age, we still do things like this. Hire the person best qualified for the job, not the person with the most melanin in his skin.

The article sums up the situation pretty well:

So, nearly 200 people lose their jobs in New York State because of their race? And not at the hands of some evil corporation, but our own elected officials?

It’s quite telling that, in our political age, mass firings can still happen because of one’s race. It’s even more telling that—the only time I’ve seen this story get any coverage at all—it was in the 19th paragraph of an otherwise unrelated column.

But of course, I'm a racist for questioning these practices.

TA

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-7-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
... This article has nothing to do with race. It has to do with wages. ... their trying to spin this into something it isnt. .... notice they said " mostly white" workers. ..... minorities arent being hired for skin color, ... but for their willingness to perform the job for less pay.

.... I would know, my whole company was laid off, ... and replaced with non union workers who were " contraced out" .

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Well, seeing as Obama's Attorney General thinks that white Christians and ministers will not be protected under the proposed Hate Crime Bill, this makes total sense.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Either way, there's something underhanded going on in this case. I wouldn't doubt that wages were a consideration when the decision was made.

TA

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Here is the NY Post source article. I know some folks (wisely) question AJ, but in this case, I think the information is legit.

TA

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Democrats wanting to spend less taxpayer money?

That is good!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Almost exclusively; why not all if it was based on putting minorities in thats what I would have done if it was my decision and wanted the change get rid of everybody not some.

This is probably done for pay most likely. Fire old workers hire cheaper people at reduced rate. Doesn't matter if there unskilled if the pay/wages you give them is drastically lower.

Businesses do it all the damn time; heck go to a McDonalds anywhere in a big city, you will find the manager one race which may be white or black and the rest of the employees working the registers and cooking the food are mestizo

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Love your avatar

I am using it on another site myself

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zarlaan

Oh so Obama is gay after all. I was suprised when i thought he was looking at her butt, because I always took him for gay. Guess I was right.

As to the thread, isnt it common to switch workers out with each administration? Probably nothing new here. You know the old saying...Political paybacks are a biatch.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

It could be a coincidence. I've never looked into whether Senate staffers are replaced with the 'changing of the guard.' However, two hundred people is a lot. If there isn't anything fishy going on, they probably could have done a better job making it look that way.

TA

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by zarlaan
reply to post by TheAssociate

I need to comment on your Avatar picture. I'm not sure why you chose it or for what reason, however I just felt inclined to say that it is a very misleading picture and goes to show how twisted the media can make something and cause a conspiracy.

Truth about the Obama picture.

What is Obama Looking At?

Even if he was looking, I wouldn't care, just from that picture that woman has a nice butt.
I'd rather have a president that is like every other guy than a man who cheats on his wife like Clinton. (though I don't think either really effects their governing ability unless they get caught) Anyhow, I think Obama is a horrible president, but I saw the video and he wasn't at all looking at the girls butt on purpose.

On this news item, I think it's pretty misleading as people have been saying.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by yellowcard]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I'm glad this is being reported. It really isn't about race though, it is about paying less. I worked for a company that did very similar things. Laid off a bunch of Americans, then brought in foreign exchange students to do all the work.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Sorry Iamonlyhuman. I searched for this and didn't see it. I even used firefox to look for keywords on the firehoses. The ATS firehose seems to move a good bit faster than the breaking news one. Oh well, Google: the worst search engine except for all the others. Thread S&F'd.

TA

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

No worries. I usually post things in the morning as I'm going through my daily news sites. Sometimes I think mornings are really bad for posting on ATS because not enough people are on.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well I would definitely say something is out of the ordinary here. If this was 200 black workers that were fired all at once you would have everyone from Jesse Jackson,Al Sharpton to even Cris Rock screaming racism and pushing African Americans to riot.

By the way about TheAssociate's avatar.....he was not looking....see here. The French President however....I would say he is totally checking here out.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Gotta agree with you on that one. If the shoe were on the other foot, this would be getting attention from someone besides Alex Jones.

Regarding my avatar: it's just pure silliness for the sake of silliness! Some people seem to have problems with it for whatever reason, but it's just a funny pic.

Thank you all for the replies and please check out Iamonlyhuman's thread on the same subject. He beat me to it and I didn't realize it, his thread deserves the attention.

TA

[edit on 11-7-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
How about 200 skilled workers replaced with unskilled workers. Why the racist twist?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join