It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone out there that can help me out with OOBEs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I recently just read the OP on a pretty known Thread as you see here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was wondering as well, If monroe said that adepts can yank others out at ease, is there anyone out there that can yank me out??

I try to have an OOBE, but it is hard.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
we could, though you could help yourself to the search funtion!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I suggest you look up Robert Bruce, he has some good books on the subject ( although they have never helped me, that have helped other tho ).

I wouldn't rely on an adept to pull you out. I for one dont think someone can do that unless they are in a permanent astral state ( like extra-dimensional being or ghosts or what have you ). It really boils down to how much you want it, and how much time your willing to devote to energy work and concentration.

Like anything worth doing, it takes time and dedication.

For many people it takes years, if they ever achieve it at all.

If you keep at it youll eventually get it if you want it enough.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I would love to be pulled out. I've tried OoBE with no luck. I've come close, I've felt it, but never released.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Obivously that is THE thread on ATS for OOBE but in my opinion we need to try and consolidate or tidy the info there as it's intimidating to a newcomer. There's a lot of info buried deep in it.

As for being yanked, I've kind of lost interest as of late, will get back into it at some point.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by Nova]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
hmm... OOBE... never really thought into it. though I've only just recently got into the paranormal. I mean really into it instead if just "huh, that's interesting..."

Personally, while such an experience would indeed be interesting maybe even amazing, I just cannot allow myself to trust another to... "yank"... me about of my body. there are to many freaks and weirdos out there. not to mention the talk of deceptive spirits if one happens to look to them for help.

Have you tried lucid dreaming? I have a theory that it is possible to do things like OOBE using dreams as a medium. www.abovetopsecret.com...

anyway, good luck!

[edit on 7/11/09 by Redajin]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I have had a few projections (about 7 that I remember)-I was not born with the ability to to so, but I do practice daily (during the night)

The below may help you:

A little while ago, I did an experiment: I tried to listen to music as I fell asleep, because an easy way of getting to the "mind awake body asleep" state that both Monroe and Bruce mention is keeping your mind focused on something.

From the experiment, I was able to have 3 successful OBEs (astral projections), in which I could control my movements/where I went within 2 weeks (2 were within days of the other)

Here it is, for those that want to try it

PRIOR Knowledge
-you DO NOT need experience with this method, but I would RECOMMEND that you at least know how to meditate

Vibrations Encountered
-shortness of breath
-sleep paralysis
-vertigo/floating feeling
-feeling of energy
-noises (crackling/humming)
-seeing through closed eylids

Materials
-a PC or a MP3/CD Player
-Some kind of soothing music (I use classical, or even progressive rock)
-Headphones (recommended, but not needed)
-a bed

Methods Used
-methods are from the saltcube.com videos (explained later). I did not make these films, and only use the methods

Method
1: Turn off lights/make room dark.
2: Lay down in bed (on back for me)
3: relax your body (do some kind of stretch to "loosen up")
4: Play the music. the volume should be lower than you are used to (it will allow you to focus more on hearing it and hearing is increased during sleep)

5a: This is the tricky part-as you listen to the music, you just do a quick movement in either your hands or feet (like when a dog is dreaming about chasing something-it twitches).
5b: For this to work, you have to keep focused on the music, and still do these twitches-somehow, it causes your body to fall asleep quicker, while you are still awake.

5c: If you suddenly feel that you cannot move, DO NOT PANIC! this is what sleep paralysis is-it's your body's way of keeping you from acting out your dreams. You may feel like someone else is there, see things-but DO NOT WORRY

6: Still keep focused on the music. This part is also tricky because of #5. Images should start appearing soon (assuming eyes are closed)-At this point, you may find yourself in a dream and realize you are dreaming (lucid dream). Either experiment with this state, or try going the next step to an astral projection

7: If you find yourself in the dream, or you find yourself floating (astral body, not physical), then say mentally something about attempting astral projection, or try saying a person's name (this is how I did it-and it worked)

Errors
yes, this is a method, and yes there will be errors.
-if it doesn't work the first time, keep trying
-modify the method so it suits YOU-I did this one because it fit my lifestyle
-over time, the body will become used to the routine, and may stop working with it. Just do a new method.

The most important thing is HAVE NO FEAR! know that you can do this, and remember that nothing can hurt you. If you need any kind of protection look up "psychic protection", and you will find something easy.

If you need any more info-PM, message or email me

hope this helps you-fossilera

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by fossilera

Thank you very much for this method. I did feel paralyzed during the process

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I've been there man. Check the thread in my sig "Astral Projection Guide"

I tried so many techniques and in the end I had to just do it my own way, I think its very uncomplicated for me... all you need to do is sleep lol.. and put the intention to wake up early so you're still tired enough to fall back to sleep... as you fall back to sleep, but the intention to get sleep paralysis, works for me every time I have enough dedication to try.

Sometimes I might wake up because I've slept on my arm or something and I'll be in a mild sleep paralysis, I use this to my advantage to project. You learn to pick up on subtle states bordering sleep that you're often aware of but never thought to utilize. Sometimes I treat sleep like bodily rest, other times I only care about using as a tool, or adventure.

Anyways, my podcast link is in my sig if your interested in an easy way.

When I try to overcomplicate things I get confused and I find I have more success keeping things simple.

I used to think this was something I just simply couldn't do. You'll get it. If you really want it and put the effort, you'll get it.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
That's pretty cool fossilera - I like the sound of it. Personally I've always tried counting to one-hundred, then back to 0, then back to one-hundred again (to keep the numbers low - if it's a really long number I'd be concentrating too much if you know what I mean). That's had reasonable success for me - reasonable in that I felt like I was close but never actually managed to do it.

I also combine the numbers with exhaling - so 1 is breathe out, 2 is breathe in. I concentrate on feeling the breathing and the numbers just come naturally.

To me the "rope" method never worked. I find it hard to keep my mind focused on it and either drift off to sleep or start thinking about other things. I can quite imagine that different things work better for individuals.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Nova

I tried the counting method before-fell asleep to it

oh well, not every method will work for everyone

new topics

top topics

join