It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My view on disclosure

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
You can not view discloser as good or bad. What you must instead understand is that every free man and woman on this earth deserves to know the truth of things to decide for themselves.

It should not be the decision of a select few to decide for us all. They are our betters in any way and regardless of the outcome the truth will set us all free.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I also believe that our current "Money" type of civilization is a direct result for non-disclosure. Think of the worlds elite that have everything to lose based on new technology.

Look at the Rockefeller's(oil) or the Fords(cars) or the bankers of the world. look what they have done in the past to secure there future.....God only knows what kind of hand they have in all this for non-disclosure.

Not to mention any kind of Military superiority that wold be lost through the nations dew to technology gains.

What really bothers me....

Is that it will be a cold day in hell before the military uses new tech. (that we paid for to invent new or reverse-engineer) to benefit humanity. Thats we really urks me....

I can not believe that we would rather support some new kind of craft OVER free energy, or feeding our population...ect...ect...What a bunch of sell outs...

We have our very system set up for failure. This current system can not support moody,religious,paranoid, cattle we call society.

This type of system also promotes GREED which is a major player in non-disclosure IMHO.

The way I see it now.....Far to many elitist (billionaires) of the world; out weigh the petty few who are screaming for disclosure. But the population could one day "wake up" from this terrible nightmare
and want to know about what our government is doing behind closed doors with our money.

But then again..............till pigs fly i guess.......

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I afraid you are correct.

Our species is thousands of years away from "disclosure". I say "disclosure" rather than "contact" because so many fantastic things have already come from reverse engineering that it's practically inconceivable that we've not already made "contact" - whether intentional or not - with an extraterrestrial species.

Mankind cannot sort out it's differences amongst themselves - how could any species exploring the universe expect us to cooperate in a peaceful manner with their kind?

As human beings we strive for success, but not for the benefit of our species ... for the benefit of greed. Power and control rule this world and will continue to do so for centuries more. I wish I could say that it'll be sooner ... but, it won't. Mankind is in need of a major wake-up call regarding it's priorities. And if this wake-up call came right now in the form of first contact ... mankind would surely unite in the form of aggression towards an unknown enemy from above. Of course this unison would only last for a couple of years before each nation began to turn on one another.

Disclosure takes time. Thousands of years for a species to accept. Once mankind begins exploring beyond our solar system ... our species will begin to be humbled by how insignificant we really are in the galactic spectrum and eventually will accept that we are not the pinnacle of evolution. Expect "contact" from another species then and only then.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Personally I think the ET's are the ones in control, not the gov.

They have been here for longer than we can possibly imagine (who knows our ancestors might have been ET's), and they are probably the ones who gave us religion, gave us society, and possibly the technology we're using right now. Seriously, who are we to say? It might be, it might not be, we don't know.

If you think for one minute that an advanced race of space faring beings is going to let some "Joe Plumber" President leak the word out, you have another thing coming.

IMO "they" know the best way to disclose themselves to us, especially if they have done so in the past. When we find out the truth it will be on their terms.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
(To the creator of the thread)

I think you look down too much at what humans are able to handle.

Yes, there would be a big shock if aliens came to the planet and made it known, but not as much as you'd like to think it would be. Most people know that there is probably aliens elsewhere in the universe.

Really, I think most people just don't care. Naturally, those of us who are on ATS, we do care, and we want disclosure. But for another person, they probably have only thought about this once and put it in the back of their head.

If disclosure were to come, it wouldn't be "mass hysteria" like many movies and books say it would be. It'd be huge, but not the kind of huge where people are all going crazy.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

I agree 100%

Love the avatar

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
I afraid you are correct.

Our species is thousands of years away from "disclosure". I say "disclosure" rather than "contact" because so many fantastic things have already come from reverse engineering that it's practically inconceivable that we've not already made "contact" - whether intentional or not - with an extraterrestrial species.

Mankind cannot sort out it's differences amongst themselves - how could any species exploring the universe expect us to cooperate in a peaceful manner with their kind?

As human beings we strive for success, but not for the benefit of our species ... for the benefit of greed. Power and control rule this world and will continue to do so for centuries more. I wish I could say that it'll be sooner ... but, it won't. Mankind is in need of a major wake-up call regarding it's priorities. And if this wake-up call came right now in the form of first contact ... mankind would surely unite in the form of aggression towards an unknown enemy from above. Of course this unison would only last for a couple of years before each nation began to turn on one another.

Disclosure takes time. Thousands of years for a species to accept. Once mankind begins exploring beyond our solar system ... our species will begin to be humbled by how insignificant we really are in the galactic spectrum and eventually will accept that we are not the pinnacle of evolution. Expect "contact" from another species then and only then.

Nuff said !

Seriously, I couldn't have said better myself.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join