It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My view on disclosure

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
So, I was watching the video posted at this thread and I couldn't help to think what remarkable piece of footage it was, regardless if it is fake or not. I sent it to my girlfriend and we started having a discussion about UFOS, aliens and disclosure. After a long talk it came to me that disclosure is, quite possibly, the worst thing that could happen to this planet.

I've been reading into the subject for as far as I can remember, ever since I was teenager, and MY DREAM was to turn on the news one day and see that aliens made contact or that government officials have finally revealed what they know. That dream, however, has changed.

It comes to me the fact that we cannot even accept each other as human beings, let alone accept creatures from another planet. You turn on the news and you see conflicts between different ethnic groups, genders, religions, countries ... you name it.

C'mon, americans don't even want see mexicans crossing the borders, how do you think people would react to spaceships landing on their country for exemple.

Another thing is, this entire planet would FREAK OUT! That segment from MIB explained the situation quite well.

Edwards: Why the big secret? People are smart. They can handle it.
Kay: A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.

The way I see it disclosure hits 2 major sections:

Financial: The main reason why disclosure has not happened yet nor it will anytime soon. Imagine what kind of impact that would have in the Market. People taking off their money of the banks... man, the markets would crash in a way that we would be sent back to stone age. The people that know the truth, most likely, has a big saying on the financial "management" of the entire planet aswell, so you can be sure they would never let it happen.

Religion: If it comes from the sky and its not Jesus then it can only be the devil. Try to explain the concept of an advanced alien civilization for people that believe that the Earth is 6.000 years old and that fossils have been put here to "test or faith" . Aliens would NEVER be accepted by the religious community... and that's what, 80% of the world? Religion has been the downfall of our race ever since the first human sat down to pray.

So in conclusion, I just think we are not ready to know and we wont be for a long time until we can finally get over or differences and our outdated way of thinking. Also, if disclosure were to happen in the near future I believe the outcome could be disastrous.

I'd like to close this with a video from Carl Sagan that I came across a few days ago for the first time. I think its somewhat relevant to this topic.

I decided to start this thread because I would like to know your two cents on this matter. Would disclosure be good, would it be bad? What would be the outcome of it. Please let me know, I'm interested on different point of views on this matter. I know most people here are PRO-Disclosure so let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance and please forgive any grammar or punctuation mistakes as English is my second language.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Fanatic]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I would say this, if we have aliens land in mass and all want to live in my house, I am going to have some issues about it, but, I will think of a responsible way to handle it and I would expect them to do the same. The Mexicans have the same problem that alot of immigrants have in that they(not all of them) dont come here to live a better way, they just come to live in a better place and try to live the same way they did in their country which just creates the same crap life they had only in our yard instead of theirs.

Now my opinion about disclosure is that they would like to be able to but, imagine if you will, the aliens have mastered something along the lines of free energy thats availible to all and are responsible enough to use it wisely. Us on the other hand in our current state of development are no where near responsible enough to have access to the free energy(not all of us). Would you allow the general population of this planet to have access to nuclear power(weapons) tommorow? Imagine all the idiots who commit unbelievable acts on their own everyday having a energy source that could be used in a destructive way. All this assumes that the aliens power source is some free energy source that we do not understand fully yet.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Great post

Star and Flag

I would love disclosure, but like you said the world is not readyto accept anything outside the box yet...

1. that there is a shadow government
2. we've been lied to about 98% of everything we've been taught
3. we are not alone in this universe
4. we have alien ancestry

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Fanatic

I think it could be a little of both, good and bad. I have always wanted disclosure to come but on the other hand I too think a lot of people might freak out. I know many people personally who would completely flip a lid because they just do not believe in aliens. I have always said if disclosure happened I would try and help my friends and family who couldnt handle it. Some day it will happen and people whether they like it or not will have to deal with it. I think it would be a great thing to really know the truth about aliens and ufos. I myself am not freaked out by but I do understand most people are I get the religious aspect of it.

as far as the Americans not liking Mexicans coming into our country, that is not really true. We dont mind them here if it is done legally! I dont care where you are from everyone no matter what country you want to live in you should do it legally!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
You know, I feel I should apologize for the "americans don't want mexicans in their country" comment. I don't want this to get political. I know that's not how most americans feel, however I also know that certain conservative right wing groups would want them to stop going to the US, may it be legal or not.

The point I was trying to make with that is that, sometimes, people don't even accept other nationalities coming to their respective countries so aliens visiting from another planet seem to me like it would have a much more negative impact. Some people just would not accept that, even if they come in peace. It's that kind of outdated, ignorant way of thinking that has prevented our race to evolve. Aliens probably have their reservations aswell, they too might think we are not ready. Maybe that's why they haven't made contact yet. All those UFOs we see flying out there could just be a "warm up" so we can get used to idea of not being alone in the universe.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Fanatic

I think it is simply because it would be impossible to manage the consequences. Governments need an answer for everything and folks have come to expect the leaders of countrys to be able to deal with what is thrown at them. They would be unable to deal with the religious, financial and general breakdown that would be a result of disclosing alien life.

The comment about Mexicans is offensive. I like Mexico and Mexicans. I don't want anyone coming here illegally, regardless of the reason. The fact is that Mexico is essentially a failed state and having massive numbers of undocumented folks flow over the border is upsetting the social structures in a number of areas. Implying that someone who does not want Mexicans coming over the border is racist, which is your implication is down right offensive.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Why do some people want to keep living a life that is a lie?

You say we aren't ready for disclosure.

Answer this.

When will we be ready for disclosure?

You say disclosure will cause a financial crisis. And the people in charge of it will never let their control over the masses go. Control as in debt.

You say that disclosure will not be accepted by religious people because of their beliefs. And there are no signs of religion going away unfortunately.

Now then, if the current financial management never goes away and religion is continually passed onto the next generation of suckers that leads to one conclusion.

We will never be ready by your logic.

And I agree.

Until we ALL grow the # up, we will inevitably kill ourselves before we learn the truth.

I've always believed we were ready for disclosure, but really.. we aren't. It hurts me saying that because I can't stand this life anymore. I want to know the truth but I'm chained to the ground because of the power hungry bastards and religious nuts that are holding us back.

We need help. It's taking far to long for us to grow up. But we can't expect them to help us.

We're running out of time and I fear we won't make it to the next step.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
first off nice post. most people know its true but don't want to admit it. I for one would love to see a full disclosure because they shouldn't be hiding stuff from us in the first place, even if it was for the better it only brings dissension.but you are right it can and probably will bring just as much bad as it does good, just a double edged sword man, how life is atm. for every yin there's a yang and what not.

i do hope that one day people see past the material and diversities and finally get smart and unify so we can be able to handle these things. These changes won't happen though until we each individually stop blaming others and fully commit to changing and giving up our ways, which is no easy task.

Ey and don't apologize for the mexican border crossing thing because for a good majority of the people really do think like that. ( at least in the western, south-western part of the us) I know i did at some point and no lie those prejudices still linger as jokes and puns but linger none the less. Can't really blame people for how they were brought up and what they learned from.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I must say I do enjoy the mystery of it all.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Disclosure may take far longer or be limited and less obvious. The JFK assassination has in some ways been exposed without admission. Many preferring to believe and accept what makes them comfortable. Older generations might be more likely to reject changes or the truth, while younger ones are hopeful. I guess we would have to take a survey on these issues.

Religious people may have the strongest objections, thinking these are the fallen angels and demons.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Disclosure is a very serious & complex state of affairs, especially when we don't have all the facts. For the most part, most people don't have a clue as what's really happening on this planet, nevermind off it. In regards to Aliens, I don't think the governments know all the facts either. The first thing we need to find out is if these Aliens are good or bad. Just because they haven't blown us up independence day style, does not mean they are benevolent. There's many ways to subjugate an entire planet, especially if your technology just happens to be millions of years ahead of the planet you're conquering.

I personally don't think any of us are ready for the cold hard truth and you can't just blame religious people for this. I guarantee whatever the truth is, there will be something that all of us will no doubt dislike or feel uncomfortable with. The revelation that Aliens exist, will have a detrimental effect on all of us, our cultures, our economies, and our spiritual beliefs. But like it or not, we will have no choice but to adapt. We are probably part of a very big galactic community and it will be the cold hard truth that forces us to grow up and accept it. No matter how hard you try, there's one thing you can't hide from and that is the truth. So let's have it, for better or for worse.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

now i've seen it all.ALIENS from both ends of the spectrum, in one thread.
this could be good sci fi.

alright, been following these goins on, since the early 70's. never have been confused by any of it.i know pretty much what's up. if you have faith in your own rationale, then
why should anyone have to confirm or disclose that for you?
govt.confirm's- deny's, no matter for me cause it will make no diff.
to what i believe .
i do see one thing you may be overlooking. if i may be so bold?
most of the big events i've seen in my life .if they come at all, usually
end up being tempered by something, that makes them not such a big deal after all.
say disclosure did happen,and turned out to be niether good or bad.
what if our govt. says something like, well hell yes there are aliens.
what was your first clue?
all the big wigs stroll out of the building.media follows and it's a non event.
people will freak out you say?
would you freak out? i don't see that at all. not as long as everyone still has their home ,t.v. and bed to go home to at night. so what the hell who cares about disclosure.
govts. don't cop to thier lies anyway.disclosure is more fantastic than the whole subject itself. forget about it move on.
oh hey,would it also not lead to govt. funding ?ya! not gonna happen.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by randyvs]

[edit on 11-7-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
People like us can handle disclosure.

Yes, the masses are a bunch of cattle that are easily "spooked" or manipulated. Mass panic would most likely set in,markets will go down, ect, ect,ect,HOWEVER......things would settle down and stabilization would start to settle in more and more while we "educate" the ignorant population of reality.

Hiding information, giving disinformation, lying, ect. ARE forms of

Control

.Controlling the media, your perception, how you react to stimuli are all forms of control-directly or indirectly.And whether there are good intentions or bad from not disclosing, it ULTIMATELY keeps the population stupid, ignorant, unaware, of the world around them.

This is where you must break free from mainstream thinking and actually take the time to think about something for your self; and make a conclusion for yourself, instead of it being spoon fed to you, and accepting it.

People underestimate themselves,the human race underestimates its self, we are a remarkable species that has the ability to adapt to anything and everything around us--------when we communicate without deceit.

Instead of agreeing that we "could not handle the truth" I for one, stand against that line of thought. Yes, religion and the stock market may fall, but look at all we would gain to all that we have lost. People who agree that we couldn't handle it or we can't handle it just do not give themselves enough credit.

Its not that you can't............it's that you won't

Reality is only each persons perception of it.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Overload

well for me thats just not the case at all.
the only thing controling me has been a lack of funding.
but that is all just about over.
they control because we allow them to control.this is the case as long as we have not allowed them to exterminate billions of us.can not an ocean swallow up an island? i believe they fear us more than we fear them.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I agree completely with all of that.

Thing is, I think with most people on here, if disclosure came we'd all handle it pretty well. But think about the people who the only thing they know about aliens is probably from watching war of the worlds or something like that. Those guys will freak out! Not to mention all the religious hysteria... I mean there's enough controversy over religion these days anyway, throwing aliens into the mix would just make things even more complicated!
Im actually thinking about that film 'contact', where they have that machine built and all the crazies are out in force.. thats what it would be like!

Its a shame that things are that way, cos it just ruins it for people who can say with some confidence that they wouldnt lose the plot and think the worlds ending, just because we've got concrete proof that aliens exist.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I hate to relate to movies but.......

In the movie Matrix, people live in another reality, some are unaware, some are aware and chose to live in the real, in the now; others....are perfectly happy being left in the dark about issues and would just assume to go on with their daily lives.

Those are whom I speak of, knowingly letting the cloth be held over the eyes, and excepting it.....

I can not

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Overload

The Matrix is the best movie for relating to just about everything.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Disclosure is the means to the end. Sure people will flip out and go all crazy (in general most of us guys would probably rush to post on here i told you so threads lol) But without the truth of everything how can we really expect to change. We live by the truth that we are spoon fed from an early age. The whole point is this: Something has to happen for humanity to have a shift in thinking else we'll just keep on running towards that cliff a la lemmings.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Why restrict disclosure?If the EB's were "just" from another solar system, given our current culture, for most, people would not run amok. But I fe.el the ET problem, if they came en"mass It would present dramatic change. UFO's I feel are far more complex and culturaly important then just "guys who practice Star Trek". Thats just to simple to me. Another reason not to disclose? What if their hostile, and we are powerless can't do any thing about it. Would you want to reveal this to a population? Sun Tsu said the best way to attack an enemy is to do so he is unaware he's being attacked in the first place.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
>> we cannot even accept each other as human beings, let alone accept ETs

You hit the nail on the head there, but there's more to it.
If you are under the impression that ETs have not been in contact, you are mistaken.
They are constantly in contact with individuals (high ranking and without rank), and with organizations (formal and grassroots).
They show themselves every now and then to make us think. To expand our minds.
We are supposed to say to ourselves "Hey, maybe there's more to life than meets the eye."
We are supposed to become curious, and investigate things that pique our interests.
We are supposed to seek enlightenment, in whatever form it may take.
Their appearances are a call to action.
Crop circles are a call to action.
Fear of the unknown is the primary fear.
When we investigate things, that fear dissipates.
That's what they want us to do.
When enough of us have investigated, they will allow disclosure to take place.
They won't show themselves to people who are not ready, because they *know* it is dangerous. They can read minds, and they know if you're afraid, or dangerous. They stay away from that.
When you are ready, and inviting, they will show themselves to you.
The same goes for everyone else out there.
While the announcement may be broadcast, the contact itself will most likely happen in a personal way -- individually, or in small groups.

This is how it will happen, UNLESS we get ourselves into one of two scenarios:
1) If the majority of the human race is about to be wiped out
2) If the planet is about to be destroyed (through thermo-nuclear war, or a similarly devastating event.)

In either case, they will appear en-masse, and save us.
This is very much a last resort, though, because they KNOW that it's better for us if we come to know them personally, and not in a time of crisis.

ETs will never land on the White House lawn and ask to be taken to our leader, mostly because they would be shot down for "violating air space".

They will, however, happily meet with any of us, in a safe/secure location (i.e. not under surveillance / constant monitoring).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join