It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elixir of Life Discovered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
macedoniaonline.eu...

An "elixir of life" biochemical has been discovered in the soil of Easter Island, prompting suggestions that an "anti-aging" pill could soon be produced.

Scientists believe the antifungal agent rapamycin, found on the South Pacific island, produced by soil bacteria, has life-extending properties.

They predict further research on the compound could lead to a genuine "anti-ageing" pill that keeps people young.
Rapamycin was first discovered in the 1970s in soil samples from the South Pacific island famous for its ancient monoliths.

Today it is used as an immunosuppressor to prevent organ rejection in transplant patients.

Dwindling resources, overpopulation, poverty, starvation etc.

Just what the world needs is something to keep people alive longer.

No worries though only the super wealthy will be able to afford such a drug.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
i Posted this yesterday

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

Sorry, the search function didn't turn it up. Post a link and I will contribute there with a s&f.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
well, now that is quite the interesting development

however i fear that i will never get my hands on it unless i go to easter island personally and get it myself lol

when i saw the thread title, i was expecting someone to jokingly say "And the Elixir of life is Water! Wootwoot!" or something like that

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
macedoniaonline.eu...

An "elixir of life" biochemical has been discovered in the soil of Easter Island, prompting suggestions that an "anti-aging" pill could soon be produced.

Scientists believe the antifungal agent rapamycin, found on the South Pacific island, produced by soil bacteria, has life-extending properties.

They predict further research on the compound could lead to a genuine "anti-ageing" pill that keeps people young.
Rapamycin was first discovered in the 1970s in soil samples from the South Pacific island famous for its ancient monoliths.

Today it is used as an immunosuppressor to prevent organ rejection in transplant patients.

Dwindling resources, overpopulation, poverty, starvation etc.

Just what the world needs is something to keep people alive longer.

No worries though only the super wealthy will be able to afford such a drug.

build a frikin robinson crusoe raft and paddle there with a shovel.. free immortality.. there you go .

oooo uh-spen-sive soil bacteria.

-

new topics

top topics

join