It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

right now !!! 2am Saturday 11th July (West of Edinburgh, Scotland) ...MOON !!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JJBB22

That would be the planet Mercury.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PAYBACKCOMESSOON

...what you seen last night OP was a transporter.

OK, how do I go about contacting them to get beamed somewhere? AND, I want reassurances that scattering my constituent quantum bits about is safe, and that I will be deposited into a proper shirtsleeve environment at the end of transport.

Really. Take me somewhere, I need a holiday.....

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJBB22
Video Nasa

That's a video of the Sun...the OP was talking about something near the Moon (which turns out to most likely be Jupiter).

However, if you are talking about that bright object in the video you posted (from the SOHO spacecraft), then THAT also is probably just a planet or other bright object.

Here are examples of the same thing:
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

But talking about SOHO images would be de-railing this thread.

EDIT: Phage beat me to it -- thanks for specifying that it was Mercury.

[edit on 7/11/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
WTF are ya talkin' about, waiste my time, you sensationalist!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes
reply to post by weedwhacker

I don't need psychological help!!!

I need you to listen to the truth. I think you're just starting to realize that I'm not trying to pull any legs or anything and you're thinking I'm crazy because you don't want to accept that I'm not lying.

You'll see all that I've said come to pass. It's going to be a bumpy cosmic ride in these last days.

Think about it. There have been so many failed predictions and countings of the end of the age, but this time it's real. Sorry.

This WILL COME TO PASS.

[edit on 7/11/2009 by watchtheashes]

I love you watchtheashes, your posts are bold and to the point. Don't worry about these clowns flaming you, remember everyone laughed at Noah before the time. They were eating and drinking, giving and taking in marriage, then the flood came... They attack you because they have no understanding of these matters, God reveals nothing to these people, they are flesh. What is spirit is spirit, what is flesh is flesh, period.

This just shows my point, here. The USA is not the only Government on this planet...your paranoia is blinding you to the need for help. PLEASE get help, before you hurt yourself, or hurt someone else.

Wow, you don't know a damn thing pal, you're lack of faith is disturbing. Why do you assume he is paranoid and a threat to society? Seems like he's more of a threat to your view of things and not to others, if you don't believe him then ignore his posts. Seriously this post shows your childishness and your complete and utter lack of understanding. I respect others views on this subject, and frankly I don't care if you believe or not, but you won't catch me bashing ANYONE for their view of God. Unlike you, who attacks without cause simply because you don't 'get it'. I've seen more and more posts of God/church/bible bashing, I never see an atheist bashing thread. If it bothers you all that much, there must be some merit to it all. If it is not real then why all the hostility?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
To the OP... sorry, I didn't bother reading past the 4th page of sensationalism, speculation and bickering

I checked one of the Danish websites that occupies itself with informing people what's going on in the sky around the year.

"The sky now"

A little above the middle is the following text:

Fredag d. 10. juli lige inden midnat befinder Jupiter sig ca. 2,9 grader syd for Månen ca. 5½ grader over den østsydøstlige horisont i stjernebilledet Stenbukken.

which translates into:

"Friday the 10th of July just before midnight, Jupiter will be positioned approx. 2.9 degrees south of the moon, approx. 5,5 degrees above the eastsouthern horisont in the image of the Capricorn."

Again further down. At the middle of the page is:

Jupiter

Jupiter vil i juli dukke op på himlen inden midnat. Se blot mod østsydøst/sydøst. Lysstyrken stiger til imponerende – 2,8. Hvis man vil observere planeten gennem teleskop må man vente til efter midnat til ud på de tidlige morgentimer, hvis man vil have et vist udbytte af sine anstrengelser. Mon ikke “bælterne” i planetens øvre atmosfære kan ses sammen med nogle af dens måner, selv i den lyse sommernat?

Afstanden til kæmpekloden er i starten af måneden ca. 644,4 Mio. km. I slutningen ca. 607,5 mio. km.

Fredag d. 14. august 2009 kl. 19.53 står Jupiter i opposition til Solen, hvor den står ca. 19 grader over den sydlige horisont med en lysstyrke på – 2,9! Afstanden vil være 602,6 mio. km!

Which translates into:

"Jupiter

Jupiter will in July appear in the sky before midnight. Merely look towards eastsoutheast / southeast. It's luminousity will be impressive - 2,8. If you want to observe the planet through telescope you have to wait past midnight till the early morning hours to benefit from your efforts.
Jupiter it is. Wonder if not the belts in the planets upper atmosphere will be visible along with some of its moons, even in the bright summer night.

The distance to the huge planet will in the start of the month be around 644.4 km and in the end of the month 607.5 km.

Friday the 14th of august around 19:53, Jupiter will be in opposition to the sun, where he'll be approx. 19 degrees above the souther horisont - with a luminousity of 2,9! The distance will be around 602,6 km."

Hang on for more threads above "strange" objects come mid august.......

[edit on 11/7/09 by flice]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Argokoo

Hey, I like your avatar icon. I will listen to the peoples music.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Look :
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/21133c98b0a9.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/249272f50b4f.gif[/atsimg]

So, what is this ???

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

A fuzzy blob?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I saw it in Kuwait, its not a UFO, its a planet.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Fuzzy blob it is.
But whats it doing out in the Skagerak ?? (BalticSea)

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
wow, im glad i seen this. I live in the western United States
(california). Im somewhat close to Los Angeles (west covina)
anyways, last night me and my girlfriend went to get food around 10'ish and i was walking out...and something huge and bright caught my eye. Something that wasn't "ORDINARY"

i looked up to the left and it was this big huge yellow moon. Something i have NEVER SEEN before...i know its just a moon, and we all see harvest moon's etc. but this was seriously a sight to be seen. It wasn't a reg. size. It looked as if the moon just got CLOSE.
it was truelly a sight to be seen

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

The picture is pretty low quality and I don't know much about it. Did you see the blob when you took the picture (did anyone else see it)? My first impression is lens flare. I could be wrong but there is too little information to say it's anything other than a fuzzy blob of light.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
reply to post by Phage

Look :
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/21133c98b0a9.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/249272f50b4f.gif[/atsimg]

So, what is this ???

Whoa, interesting. Does'nt 'look' right though.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The picture is pretty low quality and I don't know much about it. Did you see the blob when you took the picture (did anyone else see it)? My first impression is lens flare. I could be wrong but there is too little information to say it's anything other than a fuzzy blob of light.

I'm with you phage, I like your scientific skepticism, it's a breath of relief on a site filled with crazy theories. I am a skeptical believer myself. I believe you were the first one to say the celestial body in the "object near the sun" thread was Mercury. You sure do know your space sheeeit, as well as other stuff, an all around wise fellow.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Looks like a flare to me aswell....

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
You guys do all know that there was a lunar eclipse on 7/7 right?

I couldn't bare to read through all of this so I am sorry if it has been brought up already.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Seems closer than normal if it is Juipter. Im gonna be watching tonight. Cool find.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009
Seems closer than normal if it is Juipter. Im gonna be watching tonight. Cool find.

The Moon will not be that close to Jupiter tonight.

And there is no "normal" because the Moon is in a different location every night relative the the other stars (because it rises 1 hour later every night). On top of that, Jupiter itself moves at a different speed than the stars do (although Jupiter's apparent motion to us on Earth is much slower than the Moon's).

Therefore the Moon and Jupiter are continually in different positions in the sky relative to each other -- it's ever changing. If you look at the Moon tonight, it will appear almost twice as far away from Jupiter as it did last night.

I suppose if by "closer than normal" you mean that it's closer than it usually appears, then you would be right.
...But I don't want other people to get the wrong impression that somehow last night's beautiful Moon-Jupiter arrangement was somehow "abnormal".

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
im up in Dundee and the moon was a bit weird the other night, cool effects through the clouds and stuff, it was jupiter you seen was cool from here

Wee Mad Mental

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join