It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

right now !!! 2am Saturday 11th July (West of Edinburgh, Scotland) ...MOON !!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

do u have a picture from the 9th because it was on the other side (left side) of the moon on thursday night

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amgi2005
I cant believe this is still been discussed. :@ It's Jupiter. I have watched Jupiter the last few nights and last nihgt it was right where it was supposed to be. I saw it last night around 1 am. It is not 'huge' nor is it 'moving'. Yes, it is very BRIGHT but Jupiter and Venus always are. It will continue getting brighter until August. As for why it 'appears' to be moving that is an optical illusion, i forget the name for it.

morningsentinel.mainetoday.com... near bottom

www.sott.net... read near bottom of page

museumvictoria.com.au... bottom of page

Geesh people... it's Jupiter, right were it should be.

Exactly, some people are silly.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

you are a nut. the anti-christ is a metaphor. just as jesus was a metaphor. the anti-christ is a being that will not return until chaos has had his turn and the earth is ripe for the feasting. The bible is just a fairy tale version of what will happen

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
and according to the star charts it is indeed jupiter

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by guidanceofthe third kind

do u have a picture from the 9th because it was on the other side (left side) of the moon on thursday night

Dude!! The Moon moves!!!

Jupiter moves, too of course. The Earth moves.

Moon orbits Earth, both together orbit Sun, as does Jupiter orbit Sun.

Moon's positon relative to Jupiter in the sky from our vantage point on Earth changes, because Moon is closer (and apparent motion is faster) than Jupiter, relative to Earth. This is dead easy astronomy, and physics really.

Of course, if you wish to go back to the Dark Ages and believe in some dusty old set of words written thousands of years ago by Nomads in the desert, go knock yourself out!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
it's Jupiter, I was looking at it and its moons last night through my telescope. which I've done many times over the years.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by Aesthetic]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

I saw this object last night while camping. When I asked my husband what it was " because the thats nit north so it couldn't be the north star" he said it was a random star.. Then a while later I pointed out that the distance between this thing and the moon was getting farther apart.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicaviv

Yes, because of its orbit around the Earth, the Moon follows a different track and moves across the sky slower than the stars and planets but the difference is not really noticeable over the space of a few hours.

[edit on 7/11/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
....isn't that there like every night or...most nights?

I've seen it before and never got too excited, should I? lol. I believe it's actually Jupiter.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

LOL!! Short, and to the point!

Problem is, some nights are cloudy. People's memories seem to get re-set or something....

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Jupiter is not always in the night sky but it is usually there. I think because it was close to the Moon it was more noticed. The moon is moving away from it so the excitement should ease off a bit...or not.

[edit on 7/11/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

i seen a few scout craft over Manchester again similar to that but in more numbers the night before last, something is coming and more and more different craft will be showing up

i see a few of these every night around 2am-3am.. the ones that fly then completely disappear are the best though ^^

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Originally posted by shauny
right now...west, the moon, bottom right, its MOVING !!
ITS HUGE !!

Here are a few pics...

anyone else see this

Will post more soon....

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by mrwupy]

[edit on 10/7/2009 by shauny]

I am near Glasgow and saw this last night. It was in the sky until around 4am.

I heard people mentioning it on TalkSport radio.

If it was Jupiter I was not aware that Jupiter moves horizontally and vertically.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

Glad im not the only one in the West of Scotland listening to Talksport in the early hours. I saw this from my work on the same night and wondered what it was till the "It's Jupiter" calls came in , though on that particular night im sure this object was on the left hand side of the moon at the 7 or 8 o'clock position was it not ?
Good thread OP

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Wha' the hell.... so many pages on Jupiter??? You embarrass even this website.

And here you are on yet the next page of the tread posting your derision.

So therefore, it was a success. It gave you something to do.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
3 years ago, the same object orbited around the moon as well, a person in Edmonton phoned the local radio station and asked the dj live on air what it was, alot of people in Edmonton seen it, asked their neighbors, and yet an event that spectacular in plain eye view was never featured by any media report the next day.

I grabbed a high powered telescope that evening to get a better view, and I guarantee you what you seen last night OP was a transporter.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Thanks for clearing this up.
it seems it is indeed Jupiter.

the main thing is, im looking, we all should be.

Cheers for the comments and the feedback.

DELIGHTED !! to have one of my threads on the main page

Thanks

love this place.

S

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Looking is a very good thing.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
(unabashed self-promotion)

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

The Moon is NOT in the same part of the sky every night -- it rises 1 hour later each night, therefore it will be seen against a different backdrop of stars and planets every night.

Jupiter also moves (albeit very slowly) against the backdrop of stars, but that really isn't as noticeable as the Moon. It takes several days to notice a small change in the position of Jupiter.

[edit on 7/11/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rudenzz

what's so bizarre about jupiter?
2nd linya

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join