It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Bush surveillance program was massive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Link

The Bush administration built an unprecedented surveillance operation to pull in mountains of information far beyond the warrantless wiretapping previously acknowledged, a team of federal inspectors general reported Friday, questioning the legal basis for the effort but shielding almost all details on grounds they're still too secret to reveal.

Wow, This is huge! I hoep this doesn't simply fade from view. More to come....

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

It was my understanding that all this warrantless wiretapping issue was moot because the government got around the domestic surveillance ban by letting the Canadians scoop it all up and then they would pass it all over to US us as interesting finds dictated.
I think that was all going on for at least a decade before 2nd Bush was elected...I've read it so long ago I forget the source however...but they have always had the big raw pile of everything in the haystack, seems believable to me anyway...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
There are countless ways to circumvent the restriction imposed upon the servants of the state. It would be unrealistic to think you could ever control them all. The trust we give to our public servants is what we are all indoctrinated to count on. We expect only under the greatest duress would they dare cross that line... now we can say that the 'charm' has worn off that trick; they have never even recognized the limitation as real..., to them (politicians) it's a marketing gimmick.

Fortunately for freedom, that indoctrination is finally wearing thin.

Of course the media has to take a good hard look at what it allowed to happen, and what it encouraged to happen.

The free press is what we counted on too. But they prostituted themselves to ... well THAT'S another story.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Just wait till Obama's surveillance program of the people in the US is reveled.

We are just hearing the tip of it when they call gun owners and veteran terrorist.

The next step will be a massive surveillance program of veterans, gun owners and anyone that disagrees with the Obama administration.

And who's surveillance program laws will they use. bush's of course.

You will note they have not repealed these laws.

That is because they plan to use (and abuse)these laws to there own ends.

buy to much ammo or or to many guns and they are already watching you.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Yeah the days of Bush changed surveillance as this country knew it!
This is very massive, and totally against what makes this america!
Thanks for posting this Kleverone!
Its been awhile man.. We both been off ATS for many months.. Hope all is well with you and the boy!!
Peace

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
i was wondering how long it would take for people to change the topic to "obama is a fascist"

it longer than i expected, but still made it there

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Edit---

I went and had a bit long report typed out when my browser crashed and I lost all that work!! Doh!!!

So sorry I will try to re-edit this post and see if i can not remember everything i wrote and re link all the sources I just had..

hate it when that happens!!!

Edit---

[edit on 11-7-2009 by zysin5]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I was looking for a discussion on the Dick Cheney revelations in the press recently, and found this thread.

I think it goes without saying that a lot was done to erode the freedoms and rights of people all over the world after 9/11, that was what it was for. Along with justifying invasion of nations for strategic benefits, and the securing of fossil fuels for American industry into the future.

It all fits together nicely.

The new reports about Dick Cheney will not amount to anything and neither will calls to investigate Bush, and why? Because Obama risks opening a can of worms that he already knows about.

When did he find out about all of this? There was a press conference or speech just after election, I think it was that night, after he'd addressed the crowds. He walked into that room and he looked frightened. He really did look like he'd just been told the worst news he could ever hear. It was written all over his face. I have tried to find it on YT but there's too much to sift through. But if you saw it you know which one I am talking about.

If there is a true inquiry into 9/11, the Bush programs, Cheney's illegal actions... it becomes too close to revealing that 9/11 was a false-flag attack against the American people by its own government. Even though that leadership is now gone, the structure, the CIA, the unspoken cabals, the secret groups and the shadow government all still exist.

IMO, Obama has been warned in no uncertain terms that the previous administration can and will get to him and remove the threat to them whenever they need to. And when did they do this? When the presidential jet was witnessed flying low over NYC.

That was no "mistake" (seriously, you think ANY government would make that kind of stupid decision?)
That was another branch of government with a vested interest in keeping things secret threatening Obama and telling him that they can do whatever they like, he is just the "face" of America and nothing more.
It was a direct warning that if he proceeds with what he promised, if he even tries to investigate them and hold people accountable for their actions, they can and will prevent him from doing so.

And shortly after this, he shows that the message was received loud and clear by visiting the CIA in a very public manner and "thanking" them for all the world to see.

There are plenty of battles going on in the corridors of government that we know little about, but piecing things together with a little intelligence and with the belief that you know little, actually teaches you a lot.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

"Was" massive? Wouldn't that imply that it has been curtailed? Is there any indication that Obama has stopped it? I guess that is the beauty of the two party system, we always have a boogie man to blame our woes on. And while we are busy focusing our outrage at the boogie man, our current leadership is doing the same thing.

top topics

join