It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are so many levels of wrong...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I hear this phrase so often now. Say it a lot myself. It comes in quite handy when you don't quite know what else to say, or how to respond to a certain type of story just told to you.
It certainly covers a wide area of things as a response.
It also brings to mind many things that you could use it as a response for.
For example:
If a woman has plastic surgery to remove fat from her ass and have it injected into her lips...does that mean she is kissing her own ass? An ass kisser? More anal retentive?
Better pucker power?
Yeah...many levels of wrong to that.
Latest story you heard about that made you think had many levels of wrong.
:shk:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
AD, perhaps there are many levels of wrong...but is it 'really' wrong to have fat in your lips from your buttox? I mean, really..... Its just an event, and we're attaching opinions to that event, we are giving it meaning, but in reality it doesn't really mean anything. Why does it bother you? look into that, see what it really means to you, has something happened that made you feel that way about that?

Sorry if i seem to not share the same experience as you, but I'm tired of making people wrong for what they do, they do it because they do, and we are the ones giving meaning to it, whether its wrong, right, bad, good, true, false, yuck, yum, etc....

Listen to that little voice in your head as you're reading this post, whats it saying? Catch it, listen to it, is it saying im wrong? right? bad? Good? True? False? anything else?? is it saying WTF?

hehehe

Interesting post, but yeah, I'm trying not to make people wrong anymore, to me thats living a life of complaining, and i found due to experience, that it wasn't healthy for me.... make someone right perhaps? see where that takes you
(btw, i understand the irony of the post, does it mean i'm saying you're wrong? no, just another perspective of the same situation)

Good post!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Wow, I love both of those posts. People being wrong and people being right, it's lovely. I especially like your view, Marty Martian (more labeling, sorry. I just couldn't help it). People do put those labels on people, things, actions. So, does that mean there is no absolute right or wrong? Because it's all matter of perspective, right? Like smashing a spider is totally fine, but smashing a kitten is just wrong. Or maybe there are just levels of wrong. Stealing a candy bar is a little wrong while pedophelia breaks the scale.

A thing that makes me think of levels of wrong is the news. It seems like the news stations love reporting on uniportant matters like cheating politicians and celebrity death. Where's the substance? What about the middle east? Africa? Russia? Or the acts going on in D.C? Most of the things I would consider important get little to no airtime. Then again, it is a business, right? And they wouldn't take up so much airtime with everyday stuff like death if we didn't tune in.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Thanks MyLife, with regarding to smashing a spider or kitten, what if the kitten had swallowed some snail pellets, and you were whacking it on its stomache to get it throw up. If someone walked in on you 'just then' whould you be wrong to them or right? To you, you're saving that kittens life, to them, your giving them a whack.....so its a matter of perspective imo.

Of course there's laws against certain things, thats just how society functions. In the past, it was wrong to allow blacks do certain things, now there's equality, same with women, now equality, "It is wrong to allow them to blah blah blah" now there's justice for it.

I would love to be a child again, because there was never a right or wrong in their eyes, only 'experience'. At ages 1 to 6 something happens to a child that makes them think "somethings wrong". During teenage years, they get the "I don't belong" feeling, then early adulthood something happens that makes them be "Im all Alone".

These three events shape an identity, then from that identity we identify whats wrong or right, true false, etc... based on those experiences.. if there were only a way to reverse it

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Interesting. Hmm, if we're "brainwashed" to view the world as right or wrong then couldn't we, with enough time, trick our minds into believing there is no right or wrong again?

How much do you want to bet that the person walking in on you saving the kitten would give you a smack as well...and then go smash the spider on your wall? (What are snail pellets?)

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Ha.! Nice Access. I like the way you think.

I often like giving odd responses, or questions in return even....when the time is right.

Such:

Okay.....what if a fat chic fell in the woods, would the trees laugh? :shk:

OR. Ever wonder if a frog's ass is watertight?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MyLife

MyLife, snail pellets are little blue or green pellets that you sprinkle in your garden to kill snails.... Our dog was found eating some one day, rushed to the vet!! These are deadly to cats and dogs. (and anything else that ingests them)

[edit on 10/7/2009 by Im a Marty]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I some how have this picture in my minds eye now of Lip Hemorrhoids

And I can't get a certain scene from Clerks Two Out of my head because this gives new meaning to the expression.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Yikes! I'm glad to see this thread turn towards the humorous side which was my sole intention.Wasn't really looking for the deep and insightful.
Lost in translation?
Oh well....

OMG! WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!!!

DOUBLE WRONG-
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/903d590d3778.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 11-7-2009 by AccessDenied]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
AD.

That video with Celine Dion is just soooooo wrong!!!
I mean she's butchering an AC/DC classic.

It is wrong.
IT'S JUST WRRRRONG!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
AD.

That video with Celine Dion is just soooooo wrong!!!
I mean she's butchering an AC/DC classic.

It is wrong.
IT'S JUST WRRRRONG!!!

I know..AC/DC should sue.
makes me wanna

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
After seeing the Celine Dion clip I had only one thing to say...

"I'M BLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIND"

Seriously though, Thanks

I now have a much more effective image to prevent premature ejaculation

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Yeah there is wrong and there is really wrong

Making fun of Midgets is wrong

Midget supremacy is Really wrong

[edit on 11-7-2009 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
And there are other things that are Wrong

But really are oooo so Right

I think this little feller trumps the original act

And that Comment was Wrong but ooooo so Right

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It is very wrong to still rock a mullet

second line

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

Wow, I hope your dog ended up being okay.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Don't be that guy......

www.youtube.com...

top topics

join