It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geithner: Stimulus is working and on right path

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Geithner: Stimulus is working and on right path

finance.yahoo.com< br />

"There's been substantial improvements in arresting what was the worst recession globally we've seen in generations," Geithner told lawmakers Friday.

About 2 million jobs have been lost since Congress passed Obama's stimulus package in February. Unemployment now stands at 9.5 percent, the highest in 26 years. Some Obama allies have been calling for Congress to pass a second stimulus package.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Really? Give me a break do people actually buy into this BS?

When more and more people are struggling to pay there bills this guy is saying everything is looking good. It reminds me when Bush was on the aircraft carrier spouting "Mission Accomplished".

I have family that work for the state I live in and they say that there are 4-5 times more applications for positions then there was 2 years ago.

My townhouse has sat empty since January. My street looks like a huge advertisement. Every third house is for sale, foreclosed or for rent.

I really want to know what improvements this a@@ is talking about.

finance.yahoo.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
DOW Down 36 point, and quite a few over this week.

Some 700,000 jobs lost in June.

Geithner= Fail.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I think Geitner needs to talk to Biden. They have different stories although they're on the same team. Biden has admitted that it isn't working. They just need more of our cash to pass on to their cronies.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

Of course the stimulus is working.

It is lining the pockets of those at the top of the ladder, just as it was intended.
Am I wrong?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Now they can't even keep their lies straight. I guess someone should have told him that Biden already blew the whistle on this one and now Obama is simply doing damage control, but still admitting it isn't working "as well as they had hoped."

Although what did we really think Geitner could say?: "This stimulus didn't work. PS - Vote yes in a couple of weeks for the next one. "

Just watch. This is the start of the unraveling of the Obamanation.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Timmy at least use some lubricant when schtupping us...a little romance might be nice... make us believe you care!

Another Goldman Sachs alum directing the new depression.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
This must be the new talking point coming out of the Obama admin. Earlier, Obama said the worst of the economic crisis was averted (in other words, all because of his administration and the stimulus bill).

At least Joe Biden was telling the truth.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
yep, keep up the good work obama and company. i think the birds, aligators and roaches need stimulus2 as they were left out of stimulus1.

lol almost forgot about the american people too!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Where I work, we're facing an 8% cut in pay and there most likely will be additional layoffs.

Personally, I'd rather have a bigger pay cut and not have any layoffs.

Right now, it's pretty bad if you get laid off.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The economy is bad and unemployment will get worse before it gets better. The Obama administration has been telling us that from the beginning. This recession/depression has been years in the making and it will take more than a couple of months to get us out of it.

People expect miracles from this administration, that did not cause the downfall of the economy but is expected to fix it in a few short months.

Geithner and Biden are actually on the same page. It is true that the stimulus has helped the economy (you think this is bad, it would be ten times worse without it), but it is also true that another big one may be necessary to get it fully functioning again.

Read the full opening post. Listen to Warren Buffet. Read Paul Krugman and hundreds of other responsible economists. Read The Economist.

People only see the recession and run to blame the president for not performing miracles.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by Sestias]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The sad reality is he may in fact not be lying.

The stimulus is likely working...

If your plan was to totally destroy the economy.

It likely is on the right path.

If your path is to totally destroy the economy.

I believe their goal is to totally destroy the economy and cast the planet into a period of global depression and scarcity for the usual reasons when ever the Powers that Be decide to stop circulating wealth through their absolute monopoly and control of it.

They certain seem to be doing a fine job of it so far.

top topics

join