It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, LRO won't convince the Apollo deniers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

No, LRO won't convince the Apollo deniers

blogs.discovermagazine.com

I’ve been reading a lot about Apollo lately — the 40th anniversary of Apollo 11 is almost upon us — and of course the Moon is in my thoughts anyway with the advent of NASA’s Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter now snapping away. as it circles our cosmic neighbor.

I’ve done some interviews about this, and been asked about it endlessly: will the LRO’s incredibly high-resolution images of the lunar surface, including, eventually, the Apollo landing sites, finally quell the lunacy of the Moon Hoax believers?

That would be nice, but obviously it won’t. If they don’t believe the thous
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
An interesting read and the comments below the story as well. This outlines how certain types of people don't engage their brains to take in any form of evidence, and so whatever form of evidence of the Moon landing is presented to them, they will just deny it.

blogs.discovermagazine.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-7-2009 by john124]

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

[edit on 10-7-2009 by john124]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Why didn't the Japanese JAXA release HD video of the sites?

Why haven't ANYONE released pictures of them the last 40 years?

Why now?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Until such time as NASA transmits all video and audio unencrypted and without artificial time lag, I can't trust that they won't do what they have been shown to have been doing all along; manipulating information, and concealing details from the tax-paying public - God forbid we should know what really happens off Earth.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I think if they had bothered to do this before the days of high quality CGI it might have had some significant impact on the moon landing hoaxers. Lets face it Transformers 2 looks so real its untrue, how hard is it for NASA to stick a few foot prints and space junk on the surface?

I believe we have been to the moon, but i don't think for 1 second the photos/videos that we have all seen were taken there.

new topics

top topics

join