It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Stealth Missile Boat (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Hey all ...this popped up as a reccommended video on my youtube homepage. Thought it would be interesting to see what yall thought of it. I tried to search but did find any matches for "chinese stealth missile boat" so if this has been posted, then I apologize in advance.
Chinese Stealth MIssile Boat (YouTube vid)

It looks like they took a few ques from the Sea Shadow as well as our Littoral class craft.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Thank you JulieMills. Still trying to figure out the embedding thing...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
stealth boats have been around awhile... hahah i think even long enough to be featured in a bond film.. tomorrow never dies maybe? regardless good find

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Armisteadmg42
stealth boats have been around awhile... hahah i think even long enough to be featured in a bond film.. tomorrow never dies maybe? regardless good find

You're right, they have been around for a while. I've seen a number of them, all different shapes and sizes. I would love to know how effective they are.

The boat in Tomorrow Never Dies wasn't real. Although it was based on a real stealth boat.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a0bbb1c14e1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by System

Yup it was actually the Sea Shadow in most shots but it was supposed to be a longer missile carrier. This vessel looks like a tri-hull design, can't really tell becasue of the graininess.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The Sea Shadow was built on the same principles of the F-117 by Skunk Works during the cold war, and was in fact very stealthy. Unfortunately, the Navy didn't like it for whatever reason, or as Ben Rich (successor to Kelly Johnson at Skunk Works) speculated, because it required such a small crew and didn't have any of the glory that came with captaining a ship with thousands of sailors, so the political brass wanted nothing to do with it since it wouldn't help anyone's career.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by itsalex

The Navy has other patrol boats without big crews and careers were not considered in this case. Likely, the Skunk Works was just trying to rationalize the lack of seaworthiness on anything but calm waters. Stealthy yes. Stealthy after capsizing? Not important when the missles are marinating in seawater.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

yes the sea shadow sufferd from some stability problems, and it was just a demonstrator.
Ships can only be so stealthy by their nature, and anything big enough to be effective wil still have quite the rcs.
By the way Sea Shadow is for sale for $250k to anybody who has a place to put it and the resources to maintain it.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
off topc but no lie i once was back home in louisiana and i saw a guy fishing from a flat bottom boat and had camo netting on it to camo it from the fish haha. anyway, cool looking boat. nice video

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
That boat is not stealthy to radar. its just a normal boat thats been painted to be harder to see. that dates back to ww1 if i remember right. Just look at everything sticking out of it though like there radar plus the windows, all of that would reflect radar.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheScale
That boat is not stealthy to radar. its just a normal boat thats been painted to be harder to see. that dates back to ww1 if i remember right. Just look at everything sticking out of it though like there radar plus the windows, all of that would reflect radar.

Agree with TheScale here. I have worked on submarines and aircraft carriers as well. I know what is and is not stealthy. Protruding Antennas are kept to a minimum as they can give one away.not only visually but to electronic sensors as well.

This boat is laughable. IT is a demonstator at best. To show that the world now needs to respect them. THey can play in the sandbox now with the big boys.

To stabilize a boat or ship in rough seas requires that one be able to change the draft. How much water the boat can take on to lower its profile above water...and stabilize it. THere are limits on this of course..Hull shape and design has a lot to do with it as well.

Modern submarines dot not run well on rough surface water and sailors and crew often get seasick. Below 100 foot down they tend to stabilize out and depending on the roughness of the sea surface, they may need to go deeper for stability.
Crews tend to like it better when they go to operational depth on patrols rather than running on the surface.

Submarines are the ultiimate sea going stealth vessel and they have been around for a long long time. Nothing new here.

There are Submarines and there are Targets......

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Because it's a hydrofoil does not make it stealth. The configuration of the ship makes very seeable on radar. Heck, the radar mast would return a HUGE signiture.

new topics

top topics

join