It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who was God's Wife?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Who was God's wife? I mean, the bible calls Jesus his ONLY son. If there is not a female companion to God, then how can Jesus be considered his "son"? Would it not be accurate to call Jesus his "creation" instead? And if so, the why is Jeses referred to as his only son?

Just wondering what the opinions are out there.

My opinion: Jesus was NOT god's son. God is not in anyway keeping track of us. There IS an ultimate creator, but IT has never given us a second thought. We are a byproduct of a fluke experiment Sitting on a dusty shelf that we call "multiple universes".

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
jesus was a bastard in the dictionary sense of the word. god impregnated mary out of wedleck (thats a sin i believe) so he doesnt have a wife in the christian religion.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Interesting question. In Genesis, God is sometimes referred to as "more than one", as in Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness:..." [capitalization added as emphasis].

Could there be a Mrs. God? Sure, why not. The Godess archetype existed in the earliest written accounts of spirituality.

As far as that goes, we don't really have a way to measure if God is male, female, or an amalgam of both, do we, other than our religious paradigms.

That might be considered sinful talk by some. I think if God is anything similar to our perceptions, he/she/it/they infused us with curiosity, and free choice to decide what to ask, what to question. My opinion.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The God of the Bible is Yahweh and his female counter part is Shechinah. The Christian religion does not recognize her for some reason which I do now understand. In the ancient Hebrew tradition she is highly respected.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
God is pure spirit. God is neither male nor female.
However, we refer to God as 'father' (male) because Christ said to.

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
god impregnated mary out of wedleck

That's not true. Mary and Joseph were married but it was 'before they came together' that Christ was conceived. Back then they'd get married and then not live together until something like a year later when the husband would have the home prepared, etc. At least that's the way it was explained to me.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Here is a pasage about her that I really enjoy.

"Whoever is humble will ultimately cause the Shekihnah to dwell upon this Earth.
Whoever is haughty brings about the defilement of the Earth and the departure of the Shekihnah.
The glow of lovers is a reflection of her presence
She is the flaming jewel of the Torah and the Holy Queen of the Kabbalah
She is the ancient one, the Holy Apple Orchard
She is the immanent indwelling presence of the living God
She is the animating life force of the Earth"

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
nice thoughts as the whole theory of jesus always has me giggling. if you learn about our history a bit you find out that there has been over 7 jesus's (other names ofcourse) since sumerian times
so until they get there story straight, its like this i beleive that there is a higher power, but DO NOT STICK YOUR RELEGION IN MY FACE as i respect each persons point of view, just wish the average joe might do a year or two of researching then they might have the same view point as me

since you laid it out a bit op,i will put my self out there a bit as well. i beleive at one time we were a science experiement that turned us into tax cattle. just a little worker race that has no goals higher than eating, marriage, kids, and death. so until we WAKE UP we will just be the little ants getting our scraps as the queen eats hardy!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
god impregnated mary

That just struck me with some great imagry.....Spirit Sperm

Just a LOL moment...in my mind that is.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
There is an amazing book on this called the Divine Romance by Gene Edwards. It takes a lot of extraBiblical liberties, but really drives home the concept spread throughout the Bible -- that Christ's church is actually His bride.

Essentially, in a narrative format, it points out that all of creation is pointing to God, yet, in most of creation, everything has a complement (male and female), but has the angels continually question who God's complement is until His bride becomes without spot or wrinkle.

An awesome book

An awesome question

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by junglejake

Thank you for the input. I shall check out Divine Romance for sure. Any Yes, I do agree (although it is patting myself on the back) that it is an awesome question...one that keeps me on the "Religious Fence".

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I don't think Mary was a virgin. I think the father(god) was the virgin, and all souls are born of the virgin.

If what is flesh is flesh, and what is spirit is spirit, then I think the flesh of Jesus was from Mary and Joseph, and that is why the bible gives the bloodlines. And the part of Jesus that is spirit, that is of the father who there is no equal for and a virgin - and still a virgin(and neither male or female).

All who are born of spirit are born of that same virgin.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The Holy Spirit of course, The father decides and the spirit grows, we all and like wise those who believe in Christ will inherit that too, we become one with the spirit and the Christ. That was the whole point of overlapping man and God to get us out of this hell hole called earth.

Fallen Angels tried to do that too but God had to wipe them out - Genesis 6 onwards so yes if it takes 2 then the Father and Holy Spirit must have been at work, although the spirit did not decend onto Christ till he was baptised.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Mark 12:24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?

If you really want to know then read the source. You will find that you have a much better topic to start a thread with.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFOTECH
Here is a pasage about her that I really enjoy.

"Whoever is humble will ultimately cause the Shekihnah to dwell upon this Earth.
Whoever is haughty brings about the defilement of the Earth and the departure of the Shekihnah.
The glow of lovers is a reflection of her presence
She is the flaming jewel of the Torah and the Holy Queen of the Kabbalah
She is the ancient one, the Holy Apple Orchard
She is the immanent indwelling presence of the living God
She is the animating life force of the Earth"

That rings many parallels with the Book of Wisdom....

Anyway, to the OP, who are you asking this question to???

In orthodox Christian theology the term "Son" for Jesus does not mean in the same way that it does to humans conceiving in a time-bounded universe. Jesus was the logos existing with the Father from all time, not afterwards or brought into being at a later stage. The idea of the Trinity is that it is the fundamental nature of God,, always, and ever. It was the incarnation that brought him into the universe's time-frame, that's all.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by d60944
Anyway, to the OP, who are you asking this question to???

It is directed to any and all. I posed a question, I chimed in with my thoughts and then asked for other thoughts/opinions. I'm not looking for any one specific "group" to reply. It's a profound question...and I only ask that people that wish to participate do so in an intelligent, respectful way. That's all.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Yessssss, but given you quote from the Bible, you seem to be aiming it at certain groups. Are you asking a Christian theological question, or what? Pretending you don't have any intent is silly. How useful to you will be answer from an atheist?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I was raised in a very conservative Christian church, but I never bought into the "virgin" birth.

I always thought that was just religious theater. Virgin births were very popular of various religions back in those times.

2000 BC Mut-em_ua virgin queen of egypt gave birth to the Pharaoh Amenkept

Hathor was another virgin birth.

Horus was another child with no father, and I believe that Ra was the product of a virgin birth also.

There are other 'virgin' births from back in that era but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

I would like to add, before I get flamed, that Jesus, whether or not his mother was a virgin, was a great man whose views changed the world for the better.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Yessssss, but given you quote from the Bible, you seem to be aiming it at certain groups. Are you asking a Christian theological question, or what? Pretending you don't have any intent is silly. How useful to you will be answer from an atheist?

WHAT are you trying to invoke from me? I never claimed that I have "No Intent". Quite the opposite....My intent is to gain other's views...simple enough. I have done no name calling, no religion bashing and I have baited no one....but it seems that you are trying to bait me...your answer was sufficient enough...If you think I have sinister motives, then PLEASE just move along.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
My answer comes from the observation that this is a CONSPIRACY forum. I was going to suggest that if you want to inteact with Christian theology then there are plenty of better places on the web to do that.Ideas about Christain Jesus from other areas are de facto going to be of less relevance. If it's just a plain mistake posting on your part, no worries, and this topic should be moved to BTS:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by d60944]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

My answer comes from the observation that this is a CONSPIRACY forum. I was going to suggest that if you want to inteact with Christian theology then there are plenty of better places on the web to do that.Ideas about Christain Jesus from other areas are de facto going to be of less relevance. If it's just a plain mistake posting on your part, no worries.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by d60944]

Yes, but my question knows no bounds...conspiracy or otherwise...to Ask a preacher or a Priest...hell, the pope for that matter...will provide me with LIMITED, ONE SIDED answers...I ask any and all their OPINION....not just the devoted, faith having theologians.

EDIT: MODS if you wish to move this thread to make this guy happy, then please do so...my feelings will not be hurt....However, I believe it belongs in conspiracies....as there (in my opinion) is a gap between what is real and factual and the blind faith.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Aggie Man]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join