It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Aliens Beleived in God???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
With all the discussion of Evolution lately I have another question to pose to everyone here. With the majority of the population here at ATS being either Agnostic or Atheist I know the kind of responces I expect to get however, I am hoping that I will get some genuine thought provoking responces.

What if we were visited (officially) by an advanced alien civilization sometime in the near future (Grey's for sake of argument) and after learning about them we find out that they beleive in a divine creator. What if the stories of their God fall pretty much in line with one of our supposed religions (Bible for argument sake).

How would this affect you?

In addition to Contrast what if they did not beleive in a God?

[Edited on 7-5-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
hmmm, they're either the reason for our existance here, or, yes it's very possible they too believe in a Divine Creator. I was reading an interesting site today and wanted to share it.

Ancient Artifacts Ancient Knowlege

There's an enormous amount of information that points to the possibility of our evolution, everything from
Ancient Airplanes found www.ancientx.com...

to a so called Ancient Greek Computer www.ancientx.com...

Too many pieces of information point to an advanced alien civilization as you said, so, whether or not they infact do which i tend to believe, could be another God to them or possibly ... their God and our God are in constant turmoil against one another.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It wouldn't make any difference to me at all. If the Aliens believe in a creator, it just makes them the same as me. Why should that bother me. They may have different tenets of belief to me, but so do the Christians and Muslims and I don't have problems with that.

join