It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"At Least Ten Years of Hell for the American Economy"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

"At Least Ten Years of Hell for the American Economy"

www.engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net

US economy is going to go through ten years of hell at least. It's going to go through a Great Depression, tragically far worse than the 1930s, despite the so-called stabilizers of Social Security and unemployment insurance. Already, states like California are going through pure hell economically and in terms of employment, and that's preprogrammed to get worse. There is nothing China could do, short of committing national economic suicide, along with the other countries of the world...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Found this video on YouTube. I will post below. Engdahl makes many good points regarding our immediate prospects for economic recovery. Not good.

The US is in classic debt trap of its own making. So the point becomes: what do we do to survive? You know, you throw a life raft to the Titanic to let a few passengers escape, but the Titanic has a hole blown through it called the Wall Street securitization boondoggle that Alan Greenspan and, later, Bernanke actually did everything in their powers, together with Tim Geithner and Larry Summers, to create and support.

www.engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Here is Part 1

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Here is Part 2

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I'm sure that this has been said before, but... With all of the examples of how the government tries to control our lives with disinfo and fear couldn't the economic meltdown just be the newest ploy?

As for California, I have lived here for a long time. We have heard of imminent collapse over and over again. Whether it is because of the power companies (Grey Davis) or the uncontrolled border crossings of illegals, California has been on the brink since Vasco Nunez de Balboa discovered the Pacific in 1513. Guess what, we are still here and most are thriving or atleast living no matter what the MSM says.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I give it max 24 months

people are getting royally fed up with the TPTB and you can see peoples attitudes are changing considerably

the MSM paints a rosy picture but walk down almost any main street and you'll see what I mean

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
totally agree with you warrenb. the peeps that have not been affected througout about the last 2 years are now starting to feel the pinch. doing a bit of research on the stimulus and how it pretty much just bought out the debts from the states. i would say if they cannot pass another stimulus in less than 2 years, this country is done. this trickle down economics works when there is a middle class, but when the middle class is wiped out, guess what||||||||||?

the fat lady start's to sing
and her vocal cords are heating up a bit

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

This guy was on Thom Hartmann's radio show yesterday (a respectful liberal radio talk show..check it out if you can). It was a really interesting interview where he goes over much of this. He is basically said Obama is bought and paid for by Goldman Sach's.

Our empire is about to crumble...quite amazing.....and yes Democrats and LIberals....there are NON-conservative people that are saying these things...it's not just people railing against Obama.

Thanks for sharing...S/F.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Check out this graph

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Mod Edit: Made the image an external link as it was skewing the page.

[edit on 7/11/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
10 years is a reasonable estimate.

The economy continues to shed jobs and loose industry and inflation is just now starting to show the tell tale signs of the bailouts but will continue to climb significantly as more and more of the bailout money becomes monestized once actually circulated into the general currency pool.

Right now no mechanism for recovery has been introduced (investment in manufacturing of durable products and living wage jobs) and as a result things can only get worse for the interim and in fact are.

The Stock Market is not an indicator of what is happening on Main Street, just Wall Street, and as stocks rally and slide, rally and slide, in essence simply shedding all the imagined value in them created by a bubble bull market, the bears will feast from time to time on what the bulls managed to squirell away as they put it into play, when they put it into play.

That has nothing to do with job creation or real living wages.

Neither do unemployment indicators that do not take into account those who have taken part time temporary work as a means to survive, those whose chronic joblessness has caused them to fall off the unemployment rolls or the huge number of citizens turning to black market off the books work and businesses as a means to survive, nor the traditional throwaway segments of the inner city population that turn to black market criminal endeavors as practically the only means for survival.

While the bailout creates some government jobs, government jobs do not create wealth but only worsen the economy as the tax dollars taken from the citizens to pay for them can not be spent on durable goods and services that make an economy strong.

The bailouts have also created some non-profit opportunities for charitable and research orginizations where once again the same as above holds true, they drain the economy and do not add to it, while marginally employing only a relatively small percentage of those who desperately need work.

If and when a government takes over or comes into power that wishes to improve economic conditions through the creation of manufacturing and small industry businesses it will take two to three years from that point to recognize signs of a tangible recovery.

In the meantime the Fed and the Government and the Mainstream Medias leading indicators should more aptly be named 'misleading indicators' because that is all they are.

As a concerned American I urge all Americans too look for alternative solutions, off the book jobs, off the book businesses and enterprises that do not fund this criminal and unconstitutional government, and to let Washington run around in what ever suit of clothes it pretends to be wearing today, while we as human beings for once wisely and bravely deal with the naked truth individually of becoming masters of our own destinies and well being by stop looking to the people who simply want to be our masters for their own power, wealth and glory.

The above was not a paid for advertisement for the don't elect anyone to congress or the whitehouse ever again committee.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I think we could relate this thread to the thread where Medvedev unveils the new 1 world currency to replace the unstable dollar.

The stars seem to aligning for a huge crash for the US!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
I think we could relate this thread to the thread where Medvedev unveils the new 1 world currency to replace the unstable dollar.

The stars seem to aligning for a huge crash for the US!

It ain't the stars aligning that's causing it. This one is as planned and engineered as the one in 1929 was. Mostly caused by a certain evil tribe.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by WALT235]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Great graph Leo.

I think we also have to take into account the size of the market when we are talking about percentages of job loss.

Look at the 2001 losses... took a much longer time, although not as deep of a loss. I'd say that's probably our closest analog...

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Great graph Leo.

I think we also have to take into account the size of the market when we are talking about percentages of job loss.

Look at the 2001 losses... took a much longer time, although not as deep of a loss. I'd say that's probably our closest analog...

That and the graph doesn't include 1929, but at first glance almost makes you feel like it does. We haven't really had serious correction since then...I mean since the 80s we haven't had anything but a a slight blip. Pretty impressive actually...but corrections are healthy, people panicking about it is human nature...but in the end, we'll end up better off economically (politically is questionable.)

[edit on 11-7-2009 by yellowcard]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Ten years would be the year 2019
this whole website functions on the bare fact that we are all going
to die in 2012
so if our economy sucks and we are still alive, that is actually good
I like a prediction that leaves us breathing just with less money.

My personal opinion is that reality is being shaped by our level of depression, as a nation, as a world.

We want our old booming economy back.

It was good times then...

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Golden Generic

False on all levels, cease and desist your assuming.

I actually dont ever forsee the economy "getting better." We'll probably shamble along into a new way of doing things in my opinion, but time will tell.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tatersalad

doing a bit of research on the stimulus and how it pretty much just bought out the debts from the states. i would say if they cannot pass another stimulus in less than 2 years, this country is done. this trickle down economics works when there is a middle class, but when the middle class is wiped out, guess what||||||||||?

I don't think trickle down economics works that well even if there is a middle class. What this country had in the 1950's and 60's was bottom up prosperity and economically good times. We could do that again.

I agree with you about the need for another stimulus. It could well be necessary. Most responsible economists say that is so.

Many people find it counterintuitive to spend more money in bad times, so there will be a lot of bitching and whining and hatred of the current administration.

But it probably will need to be done.

new topics

top topics

join