It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed warns on Congressional scrutiny

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo_Serf

I would still like to remain the USA.

I do not think this will last if you see a true 100% actual audit trail even if there is one for the reasons I have stated in a few posts above.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Since the *private* Fed is comprised of international bankers and doesnt have the interests of the US at heart and is infact opposed to them, auditing and thus abolishing the Fed is your best course of action if you wish to remain, or should I say regain, your nation and liberty.

Kill It!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo_Serf

so all corrupt people with power will just give all power up and then joe the plumber and people of such can rise to power from a unified voice "of the people"?

people with power just dont easily give up power, and i have yet to hear ron pauls example of what needs to happen to turn everything around but harping on the gold standard which would be hard to put into place anyways because no one really knows who is playing with what anyways.. plus spec's could still run the price back and forth at the same time..

i think there is a lot of talk, but really no solutions yet IMO

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
If Federal Reserve operates on legal and clean policies, it has nothing to be afraid of scrutiny/audit.

The whole world must know that US dollar is worthless in real value. It is absolutely pathetic it remains as global reserve currency at this point.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

its not worthless in real value.. im not sure what that means..

and what currency do you propose, and what is your plan?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Of course there wil be no real solutions put forward by those in the thrall of the central banks; ie politcians. They are bought and paid for by said banks, so it would be self defeating in their perceived short term interests to bite the hand that feeds. Realistically, or pragmatically I should say, youre right. Ideally a grass roots movement would arise and regain the constitutional power of printing interest free money that would serve the people instead of enslaving them.

Ideally. In reality the fed, like any invader, wont go down without a fight, and they have many fiat aces up their sleves.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo_Serf

Of course there wil be no real solutions put forward by those in the thrall of the central banks; ie politcians. They are bought and paid for by said banks, so it would be self defeating in their perceived short term interests to bite the hand that feeds. Realistically, or pragmatically I should say, youre right. Ideally a grass roots movement would arise and regain the constitutional power of printing interest free money that would serve the people instead of enslaving them.

Ideally. In reality the fed, like any invader, wont go down without a fight, and they have many fiat aces up their sleves.

I concur.

As we speak, US dollar up 1 point. At the same time, China Urumqi province in riot/violence/deaths. I don't think this is coincident.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I relate the Fed to the face sucking parasite in the 'Alien' movies. Once in its grasp, (1913) it rythmically and methodically goes about first solidifiying its grasp on the victim by tightening its 'tail' around the neck, not tight enough to strangle its host but firm enough to remain in place (emergency banking act, 1933), at which point it remains affixed without much overt activity until it has implanted its seed (tyranny), threatening anyone who tries to remove it by strangling the host (depressions, recessions) or spewing toxicity when probed or injured. (current threats)

Eventually, once its task is complete, (implantation of tyranny) it falls away (nationalization), only to leave its true designs within the host (world government), which inevitably bursts through the chest of the host (liberty and freedom), killing it (the US constitution) in the process, and unleashing the real threat that the parasite had moved towards all along, a monster. (open, worldwide dictatorship bent on, and achiving, complete control)

SO lets flush that sh*t outta the airlock before its too late.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
The Fed is like a goddamn weed. We need to remove the weed completely or it'll grow back. Leafs, stem and roots the whole lot needs to be exterminated. We need to kill the Fed until it's dead and not alive anymore. The whole system needs to be scrapped and redesigned. The rich get richer by raping the middle class and making them poor. I will not serve the vermin (understatement) who call themselves elites because they create lots of paper with pictures on that they call money and is backed by nothing. Paper that they steal from us every frikn day.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
"FUNNY!!" that this is coming at the same time that a "test" global currency coin is displayed for the world to start getting used to.

i really like ron paul, and alex jones, but i really am kinda starting to go with the idea that NO ONE who is in any kind of power, is not compromised by addiction to power.

in my mind, if you're hearing about them and their ideas, then they are controlled directly or through 'jedi mind tricks' by 'Them'.

like, noam chomsky, and geraldo and colin powell, they are gatekeepers, sympathizing with whatever movement just enough to make the rebellious relax and wait for 'the system' to sort out any problems. anyone who calls for a real equal and opposite reaction to the global chess moves of the controllers is considered a radical terrorist both by the media AND the people who want reform.
at some point peaceful doesn't help. ask a cow.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by ZindoDoone

No you are wrong
I wasn't attacking him
However I was sure some would interpret as so

I usually star his posts and flag his threads

If you interpreted as such though then you didn't understand my point

Friend Zindo I don't believe ModernAcademia would ever attack me or anyone else in any post Modern creates or participates in.

ModernAcademia and I share many of the same perspectives on things.

It was simply a rhetorical question seeking clarification which I happily provided.

It was a good question to ask on ModernAcademia's part as it allowed me to expound and clarify on a number of issues regarding how Inflation does function as a hidden tax all on it's own just like Dr. Paul suggests that it is.

The Federal Reserve is running economic policy for the nation and much of the world through default by convincing our own governors and those abroad of other nations as well that it is too 'complex' of a system for us 'mere' citizens to understand and that interfering with it in anyway is detrimental to the good of the domestic and world economy.

They devise both schemes to create inflation as an enslaving form of undeclared and un-legislated taxes, and ways to hide that inflation through pillaging third world countries for cheap resources and labor and manipulating investment markets to primarily shower unlimitted wealth, the wealth of the people, upon a chose golden few.

Any question that leads to the real answers of the sinister and self serving policies of the Fed and the true nature of the harm they cause is a good question and it was in my humble oppinion kind of ModernAcademia to ask it.

I consider ModernAcademia a friend and a benefit to ATS and the world and you as well my friend.

Thanks to you both.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

The only thing I would have to say to you is buy your food at a grocery store where it is much cheaper if you dont live out in the boonies and drugs are going to be the first thing tax'd no matter what.

You shouldn't complain about high cig prcies too just because of your personal addiction. Many countries are much worse, and just think of that 5 dollar pack of cigs could prob. feed 10 starving kids in xxxx country at least for one day.

I have a million and one vices as well lol, unfortunately as well mine are more than 7.99, but I do put in the work for them I guess, because if you like things that cost money, of course you do what you gotta do to get them. but "death and taxes" is the sad reality

My preferences as a consumer are geared towards establishments that sell high quality domestic products the more locally they are made the better and the more I am happy to pay for them as such because it aides in creating a strong and vibrant local economy where the wealth continually recirculates.

I enjoy many preferences and indulge them in ways that I consider measured and reasoned. Addictions are what the weak minded suffer, pleasures are what the strong minded and self disciplined choose to enjoy.

My post was about 'hidden' inflation and excessive taxation that potentially decreases and not increases overall tax revenue by pricing a comoodity above many consumers ability to afford it. I was pointing out how excessively taxing one particular item based on stigmatizing it and those who purchase it as a prerequisite to justify excessive taxation can have a net loss effect through decreased sales volume created by an artifficial supression and depresioon of deman because of the prohibitive pricing structure excessive taxation creates.

Irresponsible parental and economic planning and development is what leads to starving children not me having and indulging preferences some might consider a luxury that the wealth of should be redistributed as a reward to those who planned poorly, and foresee continueing to do so and seek alternative compensation for their own personal lack of foresight and discipline.

Reality is individual based on unique perception.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melissa101

Originally posted by daddyroo45
I will be glad when the house of cards does fall. We need a new system that would lend itself to actual value. Thermal units or caloric units would be good standard basics to build a new "monetary" system upon. They would be hard pressed to create derivatives from British Thermal Units or Caloric units.

Hey daddyroo45;
That is the point they want us to be so fed up with the stress of the economy that we are willing to or even begging for a change. Thus we will gladly except a new "monetary" system without question.

Very true!! They will want us to trade our defunct monetary lie for a new monetary lie. All of which are backed by nothing but thin air. We need a system of exchange that will remain comparativly constant.
Food is a necessity the world over. All food has a caloric count. Using calories as a base,food commidities would be our currency.
We need to base our economic system on something tangible,as there is not enough gold and silver,caloric intake would be a good starting point.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Where's Andrew Jackson when ya need him?

This man had the right idea and stones of steel!

Treasury should control money and it should be lent for a set fair fee, enough to cover the local staff making the transaction...no adjustable interest rates ect

The to big to fail model charging us more to borrow than they pay us on savings is such a joke... :shk: ...they make money off our savings, then, they charge us again at a extreme rate to borrow...

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

It's like a little kid cleaning his room. Mum comes to check up on the room, it appears clean.. closer inspection you open the closet door and every single possession of his flies across the floor.

Wasn't so much clean as it was.. out of sight.

If we audit the Fed we will see we are 1. Worth nothing. 2. So bankrupt it isn't even funny.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Alright thats cool man

We will agree to disagree, but I like your explanation of addiction nonetheless

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I was watching a Federal Reserve video to understand what it is and its history, and in the movie there was a clip of Bill Clinton and he had made the argument that if they were to allow a full audit of the Fed that it would cause unrest within the public about the effectiveness of the Fed and that would be cause for destabilization. it was to that effect and my first thought is that i woudl feel much safer if we did the audit, that in in of itself would reassure the public that everything is peachy keen, so it seems obvious to me that they are hiding something. If you have nothing to hide then they should have no problem opening the books to check it out; hence Checks and Balances, but our government over the years saw that system not fit and that secrecy is unaccountability is the better way to go.

YEA RIGHT!! this abomination needs to be stopped immediately. Godspeed Ron Paul, its hard to fight a never ending battle but you do it with pride an dignity, something most Government officials no nothing about. If something huge happens soon and it comes tumbling down, when we pick up again he shoudl be the President, he should be right now.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Sometimes that's just how it is man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join