It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed warns on Congressional scrutiny

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Fed warns on Congressional scrutiny

www.ft.com

The Federal Reserve warned on Thursday that a growing congressional threat to curtail its independence would destabilise markets and raise the cost of servicing US debt for “current and future generations”.

The Fed is struggling to face down a political backlash from different parts of Congress amid scepticism over its policies designed to restart the flow of credit and the award of new powers to curb systemic risks.

“Any substantial erosion of the Federal Reserve’s monetary independence
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

”I would hope that the Congress might think about whether there are ways of strengthening the Federal Reserve’s commitment to consumer regulation as an alternative to creating a new regulator,” he said.

Pathetic!!!!

The article says that the FED is saying that an audit would hurt the markets. What does that mean?
Truth is anti good economy?

Lol, is that even an argument?

I'm glad though, this audit the fed is gaining more and more support. I'm so surprised I must say!

The below videos are all from today!

Go Audits GO!!!!!!!!!

I am the only one surprised that it gathered this much steam here?

www.ft.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Read this thread and watch the video in it called "The Grand Design"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is how they control the people daily. They solve the basic problems of food, clothing & shelter by providing you with jobs. Every two weeks they pay you in debt notes & within ten days you have given it all back. You don't even know it's not real money & that the nations are all under bankruptcy & everything is prepaid. You are so conditioned you can't believe it, you deny it & you continue to go along with the corporate central bank tax scam. That leaves you free to solve more pressing problems like cash or charge, wine or beer, window or aisle, smoking or non, Oprah or American Idol Worship. You work all day in a corporate sweat shop. You pay taxes to the corporation of [your country name] then you watch Corporate news scare you to death with terror, murder, rape & corruption. You watch some sitcom Friends lie & cheat on each other for a laugh then you finish off the evening by witnessing some Criminal Minds plot & commit murder

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I'm sure you all will remember the thread a couple weeks back about Bernake threatening economic collapse if the Fed is audited.

If not here is a video:

Does anyone know when this bill HR 1207will pass? (if it does at all, I'm skeptical)

If you are in support of HR 1207 and auditing the fed please do you part by writing your congressmen.

Link to RP's website with instructions on how to help

I have a feeling something pretty big will come about this.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
There is no doubt that auditing the Fed is going to end up hurting the economy.

That is no reason in and of itself for not auditing the Fed.

First of all since the Fed creates Fiat Instrument of Debt Currency out of thin air, how the heck do you audit that?

That’s like trying to get Tinker Bell to confess just how many wishes and spells she is capable of and has in her.
(She has told me 642, frankly I think she is lying though, she was turns out after waterboarding the strumpet it was 917)

Now like Don Corleone the Fed has some powerful friends, the Bank of England, the Chinese Reserve Bank just to name a few. Of course Don Corleone owns them all too including the Fed but they all pretend to operate independently instead of as the extortion and blackmail ring that they do operate as.

So you can look for our Trading Partners and Investors to use the other Reserve Banks to ‘punish’ us for the temerity of actually taking the time to investigate just how dishonest our dishonest system is.

Ultimately what the Fed has done in collusion with the other Reserve Banks of other Nations around the world is create an illusionary system that, well as I said, how do you audit and illusion.

Ultimately what they have done is build a house of cards, or a better metaphor would be a garage to park the world in. Pull out one card (the Fed) and the whole illusionary structure tumbles down.

It will cause the collapse of the illusionary financial markets, it will cause a rush on gold, it will cause the prices of commodities to skyrocket, and inflation to go through the roof, it will likely lead to chaos, rioting in the street, food shortages, gas shortages and anarchy not just here in America but throughout the world, and those are just the positive things that will come out of it, wait until you hear the bad things…

I hear the Fed is getting a new theme song courtesy of the Rolling Stones “Don’t play with me, because you are playing with fire”.

Of course I loved Def Leppards Pyromania Album!

[edit on 10/7/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I think people will soon start going vigilante on TPTB

imagine a few truckloads of militia taking out wall street or the fed

[edit on 10-7-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

Well Warren my friend, it's like I mused to the cashier at the Supermarket earlier this afternoon as I provided the legal tender for one Italian Submarine Sandwich and one pack of cigarettes...

"Hey these bailouts sure are working aren't they...only 15.00 for a sandwich and a pack of smokes!"

Yes my friend something is bound to give since we have a government that only takes.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I will be glad when the house of cards does fall. We need a new system that would lend itself to actual value. Thermal units or caloric units would be good standard basics to build a new "monetary" system upon. They would be hard pressed to create derivatives from British Thermal Units or Caloric units.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The truth to be known, the Fed is nothing but a scam a body created by the masterminds and forefathers of what is now known as the Goldman Sach.

To control markets and manipulate the economy.

So actually auditing the Fed is like auditing the Goldman Sach offices.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
More people are aware now than ever, thanks to the internet. We just need to keep spreading information, and putting pressure on our state and federal Reps.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

To obtain full power over the people, destroy or befriend those powerful enough to destroy you, first and foremost. These vigilantes you peak of, will have to be born and bread under cover of legtimacy to do this type of mission. Perhaps, that's what the NRA has been thinking about, this whole time...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by juzchilln

Actually I was thinking it would just be smart to pay a Mexican street gang a few dollars to go take care of it. I am pretty sure I have a date that night!

OK so I haven't had a date in years but I could have one that night!

Inflatible life like images count right?

To obtain full power over the people, destroy or befriend those powerful enough to destroy you, first and foremost. These vigilantes you peak of, will have to be born and bread under cover of legtimacy to do this type of mission. Perhaps, that's what the NRA has been thinking about, this whole time...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Sounds like extortion to me.

"If you audit us, we'll crumble what's left of the economy."

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

starred
yes

Just like when congress didn't want the bailouts to happen they threatened martial law

I think it was Pelosi

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
What Bernanke is implying in so many words, is that if Congress is allowed to audit the Fed then economies will be hurt because people all around the world will finally get to see how this imaginary monster has been raping them financially for over the last hundred years.

Pull the cover back and you will see the little man behind the curtain, only this time they will find him standing next to 5' stacks of stolen cash and enough dirt to warrant the execution of Bernanke, Geithner, Paulson, Allan Greenspan and every other crook who is connected to this crime empire.

No kidding they dont want anyone snooping around, as people with horrible, incriminating secrets to hide rarely do

[edit on 7/10/09 by BlackOps719]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I couldn't agree more. The FEd has turned this country into a debt slave state. With an audit they will no longer be able to do their dirty work behind closed doors. The FED had to know that this day would come. I really don't think they have all their ducks in a row just yet. This audit the FED move has moved more rapidly than they expected.

Let them raise interest rates! We can just pay them the same way they created the money in the first place. Out of thin air!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Well Warren my friend, it's like I mused to the cashier at the Supermarket earlier this afternoon as I provided the legal tender for one Italian Submarine Sandwich and one pack of cigarettes...

"Hey these bailouts sure are working aren't they...only 15.00 for a sandwich and a pack of smokes!"

You thik so?
I mean here you are buying poison for what $10 or so during an economic crisis.

Let me ask you, how much money did you spend in the last quarter on smokes?

I mean I don't feel i'm going off-topic here
Informed people themselves aren't even saving during an economic crisis, but not only that they are buying cigarettes.

Are tobacco companies better than big pharma?
No? Than it's time to reasess

I just mean, if informed people haven't reach their point of no return how can you expect unimformed people to>

Yes yes, you don't care
You want your freedom to smoke
big. govt. can't take that away from u
ya ya
but that's not at all the point
imagine people now living in tent cities because of foreclosures
What would people with such smoking habits think in hindsight?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Anyone who is interested in how the federal reserve further bankrupts our country for their own private interests should read The Case Against the Fed by Murray Rothbard.

Monetary independence to them=meaning they want to run the economy, manipulate interest rates, keep manipulating the economy, as they push it on the path to destruction.

We need the fed audited, and shut down.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

You have a funny way to get folks to open up. You attack him for a habit that you think is wrong/ I guess your a pure as driven snow? What he meant is that it doesn't matter what he or anyone else spends money on. It's what that money represents. It represents a big Frrekin' ZERO!

Zindo

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

No you are wrong
I wasn't attacking him
However I was sure some would interpret as so

I usually star his posts and flag his threads

If you interpreted as such though then you didn't understand my point

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join