It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excessive Paranoia on ATS!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by toochaos4u

Most of the time the cia stops people with classified and top secret infomation even before they can get it onto the internet.The ususally stop them even before they arrive home.A lot of goverment computers have restricted security protocols placed on them.Try to send something classified or top secret and it will be stopped straight away and you will be caught.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
maybe both of you
are paranoid.

"The midnight hour approaches
The killing chill takes over him
His victims will not know when he appears
The lust of deaths possesion
Will over take his psycho mind
He won't be happy till he smells their fear"

Psycho Man by Black Sabbath
Source

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
What's really funny about this is that the only person on here(that I at least know of) who is speaking out of complete sincerity and honesty out of the truth and experience is being rejected because I know who the Anti-Christ is and what UFOs are. I'm absolutely not paranoid but I am cautious. I don't take everything as a connection and filter the stuff that makes no sense out.

Please just listen. Sometimes a complete thread will go away simply because I told you of the Illuminati bloodline connection to the Garden of Eden and Satan.

In a way it's almost lame because there is no more mysteries to solve. Cain is Bigfoot if you would like to know, as he was cursed to dwell the Earth forever and could not bear what God did to him. There was also a thread a while back on this here on ATS when I was a lurker. I don't know if it is still there.

[edit on 7/12/2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GORGANTHIUM
reply to post by DarkSecret

You did forget one.Electronic devices planted inside public mail boxes.I wounder what thoses devices do.

don't know what you're talking about but why would that be a bad thing? it could simply be a sensor to check when most mail is thrown in to optimize the pickup times for that location.

or are you imagining a tiny robot opening and scanning your mail, then sealing it without leaving too many traces?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

That post about the lobsters was hilarious. Probably one of the best posts that I have seen. If I could star and flag it, I would!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Actually, I dont see paranoia as a mental disorder, yes it can effect you to a point that it looks as such, but in lower doses it can be the most useful tool in the human arsenal, we all know it increases the sense(s) of perception and raises your defenses greatly.

For someone to say that its a mental disorder is their perception on the matter, I would like to tell everyone that nothing a human says is set in stone, NOTHING.

I dont care if your POTUS (whom is a very, very corrupt individual) or leading scientists or head of MIT, nothing is set in stone when it comes to "Mental Disorder" this, or that.

Utilize that which has been given to you, do not seek answers from other unknown sources, when those sources damper or lower your self esteem.

Every human being on this earth is here to live together, not to point the finger and feel superior to other, the fact this this is even going on shows how primitive our culture really is.

All we do is work for money. Well, whatever happened to the term money doesnt buy happiness? that # disappeared real quick. So many people got caught up.

This Earth is failing, we must unite and undo the wrongs we have attached ourselves to, because honestly, evolution has been disproved, darwin has been disproved, so many common beliefs that have been taught to us since childhood have been disproved, yet they remain in the textbooks.

ISNT THAT AN OBVIOUS FORM OF BRAINWASHING?!? I almost cant even bare going to school and im in college because they are teaching me (or trying to) things that have already been disproved, and the teacher seems to hate me because of the information ive been given.

If all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, then im working on things that actually matter.

And as every second goes by, every minute, every hour, day, month, year, decade, century and millennia go by, so many people are stuck in the same mud puddle, kindy fishy to me, and my brain seems to think that everything is pre-determined, so Im just following the line my life seems to be attached to, heavily observing everything around me, analyzing why information is given to me, what i can do with it, etc.

we should all be trying to move FORWARD, not just go home and sit on the couch and watch the new big screen we bought because we put in 7 hours of over time (and killed 7 more hours of the environment) at work.

I dont even want to have a child because I feel like bringing life into a doomed society is a horrible thing to do and id be responsible for another persons tortures, fears and possibly suicide. (because my mind sure wants outta here!)

Another ramble storm. over and out.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkSecret

I understand what you are saying, that it could be paranoia and imagination.
Please keep in mind this happened 10 years ago.

how did you know they were unmarked police cars? don't know about you but whenever i drive anywhere there's at least a car behind me... following me

They had extra aerials on their car. It was only men, they were well built with short hair, they were wearing white shirts and black ties and in the winter navy jumpers. Sometimes they followed me for 150 miles.

things going missing in the house... happens to me all the time. it's called misplacing stuff it usually shows up later in places you'd never expect!

I hate losing things and because I am a very tidy person, I always put things back where they belong. So if things move or disappear then I would notice. I was also living on my own at the time.

phone ringing multiple times daily at any hours without anyone leaving voicemail. well i get those all the time. in fact it's so bad that i disabled my ringer completely. i check the blinky voicemail thingy to see if someone really called and left voicemail. it's called telemarketing! and i hate them because they are still calling even though i'm on the donotcall list...

I am going back 10 years, we didn't have telemarketing like that in the UK then. Also if you rang 1471 to check the previous number called, it would only give the previous one to that.

people watching your house... sometimes when i get lost while driving to a new place i just pull into a sidestreet and either call someone who's at a computer (for a google map) or check my printouts if i have an extended area on there and not just my direct route. then i drive away not caring who is around on the street since i don't know anyone there

Where they sat at the back of my house was a cul de sac within a cul de sac. They would sit there for at least an hour just watching, if I went out they would drive off. One time I jumped in my car and went after them. I lost my courage when we reached 70mph in 30mph limit.
I also had a number of cars run into and damage my car me whilst driving. I reported them to the police with registration numbers and descriptions, only to receive a letter stating no further action will be taken.

So please carry on.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I have noticed this on here! The hysteria here is sooo much more than other sites I look at. I don't know why. I usually don't post on this site due to the overly pumped up, overly blown out of proportion claims, posts, etc, etc... It's funny to look at these headlines every now and then. This site, in my opinion, is the least believable of all. Just to be fair, I admit I surely don't know everything and could be wrong in my thinking. It's just my "gut" feeling.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

par⋅a⋅noi⋅a [par-uh-noi-uh]

–noun 1. Psychiatry. a mental disorder characterized by systematized delusions and the projection of personal conflicts, which are ascribed to the supposed hostility of others, sometimes progressing to disturbances of consciousness and aggressive acts believed to be performed in self-defense or as a mission.
2. baseless or excessive suspicion of the motives of others.
Dictionary.com

Yesterday, I was accused of being a CIA agent for starting a thread asking What does your User Name tell us about you??? Apparently, having a desire to further understand your fellow human being is going over the line. Shame, because it's the main reason why I come here. Psychology, Philosophy and Spirituality are the topics that interest me the most. It's just my 'thang'. I do have interests in political issues and the paranormal as well. But now I've been labeled as a denizen of Langley! Those who have encountered me before here should know better, and if it were true, my feet wouldn't be constantly sore (I'm actually a waiter in a seafood restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale, FL) as I would have a nice cushy desk job with all those wonderful government job benies!

The author of the thread didn't review my profile, read any of my other threads or any of my posts on the threads of others. They just assumed that I was trying to get personal info on other members. While somewhat true, it is personal views in a very anonomous fashion. But isn't every post we post here a little glimpse into our personal views and insights? If we start turning on each other and start pointing fingers accusing other members of being the "enemy", haven't those we do view in such a light already won? Can we expect to be taken seriously as a group if we degrade into such behavior? Don't get me wrong, a little paranoia can be a good thing, but when your 'tinfoil hat' becomes a 'tinfoil ski mask', you have a problem!

Finished with my woman 'cause she couldn't help me with my mind
people think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time
All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy
Think I'll lose my mind if I don't find something to pacify
Can you help me occupy my brain?
Oh yeah
I need someone to show me the things in life that I can't find
I can't see the things that make true happiness, I must be blind
Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry
Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal
And so as you hear these words telling you now of my state
I tell you to enjoy life I wish I could but it's too late

Black Sabbath: Paranoid

Now I never do this, because I think it's akin to begging and a sign of a 'Point Ho', but in this case I'm going to make an exception. Star & Flag this if you want to send the same message! The 'CIA on ATS' thread, which is based on utter thripe has almost 100 flags, and I really don't think this is the message we want to send out to the world! WHO'S WITH ME ON THIS?!?!?!?

I was originally attracted to abovetopsecret.com when I stumbled across it in a Google search because I once had a security clearance that was above Top Secret.

During Desert Shield/Desert Storm, I worked on a daily basis with security personnel who were responsible for the Top Secret portion of the Internet. I used to refer to them as "the people who are paid to be paranoid." Most of the time I said it like I was joking, but I wasn't. None of them ever told me I was wrong.

Today, a young salesman from a food delivery company came up our driveway and introduced himself. We said "No, thank you." and "Good bye." He responded, "You eat steaks don't you?" We said, "Good bye!" even though we do eat steak, because we considered the answer none of his business.

Were were paranoid or just being safe in not talking to strangers (as instructed by our parents a half century ago)?

[edit on 14-7-2009 by CharlesMartel]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
how bout that old joke of just because your paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you. Get it.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Many of the people on this site are borderline paranoid-schizophrenics, hiding behind the guise of intelligence, "denying ignorance", intellect, and wisdom. Most of the so called "conspiracy theories" on this site are gross insults to the proper theories this site was built on.

If the CIA is on this website, they would not be paying attention to any of these people. They would be paying attention to the once in a blue moon threads where people actually present evidence in a clear, easy to read manner.

Instead, most of the topics on this site nowadays include one or more of the following: fuzzy pictures, pure hearsay, a link to a poorly made youtube video (which is usually nothing more than a slideshow of google image search results), or, my peronal favorite, all of the above, with 0 factual or tangible forms of evidence.

[edit on 7/15/2009 by prototism]

[edit on 7/15/2009 by prototism]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Paranoia on a Conspiracy-based website?

You must be kidding..........Impossible!

Unthinkable.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I must not let people know I am paranoid.
I must not let people know I am ...........

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join