learn more

Excessive Paranoia on ATS!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
EXCELLENT THREAD!!!

I hope the moderators gave you a TON of applause!!

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
Yesterday, I was accused of being a CIA agent for starting a thread ...

In the past five years I've been accused of being everything that I'm not ... a paid somethingorother for the republicans, a paid somethingorother for the dems, a paid somethingorother for Ron Paul, CIA, Mossad, Jewish Defense League member, KKK, a Christian Fundamentalist (
), a Jew, etc etc etc .... a few days ago it was strongly insinuated that I was a male JDL Jew pretending to be an American woman to gain sympathy ...

I triple dog dare ANYONE to find any time that I've acted girly-girl.
Most people assume I'm a guy because of my addiction to hockey
and because I am rather ... um .... gruff (5 years in the Army!!).

Some folks are beyond ignorant and are extremely paranoid. They dont' believe that a bored old(er) stay at home mom from the Phlly area could possibly be anything except CIA or JDL or KKK or Fundamentalist or ________. Naaaaaaaaah .. it can't possibly be that I'm really just who I say I am.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
Star & Flag this if you want to send the same message! The 'CIA on ATS' thread, which is based on utter thripe has almost 100 flags,

Yep. That was really pathetic. I'm glad you pointed that out. I've seen a few people start threads and say 'star and flag this'. Star and flag whoring? UGH.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
im really an undercover alien working for haarp gather minions but shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Oh my God! My whole house is shaking! I better grab my bug-out kit and head for the hills!!!!

Never mind its just the backhoe across the street.

Paranoid? Who's paranoid?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Sorry, I don't know whats wrong with me this week.

Your thread was just fine. No rational person thinks you are with the CIA.

You are on a board that attracts the dellusional, irrational and sometimes the mentally ill by it nature.

It is also clear that there are groups of people, likely children, who U2U each other to flag their threads. Flags are useless, you can't buy anything with them and they are not even necessary. They do encourage bad behavior however.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
In reading most people's replies I've noticed that the ones who are agreeing with the OP because they have also been accused of being some kind of undercover whatever.

I'd ask you to not please attack me for saying this, I'm just trying to be honest, but I just had to put it out there that those of you who have experienced have come across as very hostile towards those with opposing views as you. And while you get called these things you also call other tin foil hat wearers among other things. It really does work both ways.

I'm not saying you ARE undercover whatevers. I think that is ridiculous. But I'm just saying that people just seem to be reacting to what they see as personal attacks.

I don't think you deserve to be called such things by any means. I'm just trying to give a different perspective from someone whose between both worlds, so to speak.

Edit:

This is what I'm talking about:

You are on a board that attracts the dellusional, irrational and sometimes the mentally ill by it nature.

Like I said, it works both ways.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

See i think im correct regardless of what you perceived my response to mean.

I think the illusion of grandeur part is perfect in what i said, everyone thinks they are the biggest, best and most powerful. The British do, the American's do and what are they all currently looking for? The NWO, The Illuminati, Bilderberg... These secretive rich men who all have it in for them and their "freedom" and "power". Classic paranoia if you as me.

Anyway its my belief that why everyone's out searching for these mystical, Satan worshipping, Billionaire fat cats whilst the real crimes, conspiracy's and lies are passing them right by, just where they want you. Anyone agree?

(edit for spelling)

[edit on 10/7/09 by refuse_orders]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

You may have a point, but in this case the member in question came into my thread and posted:

Originally posted by leira7
Don't you guys realize that the CIA is asking you these questions!??? Don't answer this person they are an informant plant!!! Please, why else would any of us want to know this information!????

Remember, we are now considered terrorists by the US

government

Let's get back to what we do best, somebody start talking about 10ft purple men falling from the sky before I get an aneurism!!!

Now, due to the reference to "10ft purple men falling from the sky", I thought it was just some smart alek trying to be funny. In fact, I spit my soda all over my monitor when I read it! Later, when I saw the thread The CIA is on ATS at the top of the My ATS page, I decided to check it out. This was the OP:

Originally posted by leira7
There have been some recent threads posted on ATS asking members to share information about their Avatars and Usernames. The problem with this is that these threads are irrelevant and therefore should not be featured on "Abovetopsecret".

I do not know why any member on here would want to waste time trying to figure out why another member chose their profile name or avatar when there is more serious issues to discuss. What troubles me the most is that the forum moderators have allowed these threads to leak through and even show up on the top page. Why? Is ATS in on it? Are they aware that the government wants to know about the personal lives of ATS members?

The warning I heed to all ATS members is this: Be careful what you say.

S&F if you agree

I have never even seen this member before on ATS, let alone had a heated debate with him/her. In this case, it was not warranted. It was just a case of one person's rampant paranoia. He/she later apologized in the thread for jumping to conclusions, but by that time the damage was done.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Jaxon no damage was done. The OP of that thread was, well, paranoid?

I can tell you all about my username it was my first name and a play on Veronica Mars the tv show. Now that doesn't tell you much about me.

That OP wanted S&F and attention.
Or it's just silly.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I've seen HER
a couple times before. She's usually mostly harmless. I can see that your trying to focus specifically on her posts and accusations. I mostly was just addressing the running theme this thread has taken.

I'm not really sure what to say when you feel like you've been accused of being something you're not by a specific poster. I, very thankfully, haven't had that experience yet.

Don't take this the wrong way (here comes the "but") but I think that your specific issue may have been better solved by taking it up with the moderators. I mean, if you look at this through her eyes, she might come onto ATS and be flabbergasted that she is now the target of accusations. While I know you might say that "now she knows how it feels" that's not usually a good way to address a problem.

But I'm pretty sure that she knows now that the type of behavior she has been exhibiting isn't really going to get her far on ATS.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I hear you, and I'm not that bothered by it. It's just a phenomenon I've noticed here on several forums. It wasn't until I was on the receiving end that I really felt the need to speak up about it. I did go to her profile and do some investigating, and you are right, she is harmless. It's the other who jumped on the bandwagon so quickly that really amazed me! The thread is only a day old, and the S&F on it are mind numbing for it being based on BS.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Yeah, there's a lot of BS coming from both sides, IMO. On one side you have people being accused of being undercover whatevers, etc. because many, though not all, of their ideas go along with the mainstream. And on the other side you have people being called all sorts of names for having ideas that go against the norm.

Personally, I think everyone should just calm down a little bit. We're here to discuss, not ridicule. (I'm not directing this toward you because you've been very reasonable :up
I almost cringe and wince when entering a thread because I just expect tons of turmoil, name calling, and accusations to just flowing wildly.

I dunno. I guess things come in ebbs and flows on ATS so maybe it will die down. People seem to always get all crazy like in the summer.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
This is what I'm talking about:

Yes but that post is CORRECT whereas those that claim everyone who disagrees with them are CIA or Mossad or KKK or JDL etc are WRONG.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
And all the 911 truthers are crazies right?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

A friend of mine who happens to be a Mod here (we were friends before the promotion to Mod) said that it's quite common in the summer months due to the kiddies being out of school and entertaining themselves by stirring up trouble. That's why I look at how long someone has been a member before taking them too seriously. If the sign up date closely matches the end of the school year...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by epete22

I wouldn't say that, but they definitely do not like to be contradicted! I once posted that I didn't believe the evidence presented and why. I felt lucky to get out of there alive! They are definitely PASSIONATE!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
"Only the paranoid survive."

I forget the author of that little ditty but I like it.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
There are a lot of truly crazed and paranoid individuals on this website. It's highly amusing....

but don't forget, there are a lot of sane ones too. But sadly, these people who think the world is out to get them lack social lives.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Jaxon, great post! S&F

I saw your thread yesterday as it was taking off... wow did it take off! You did invite the paranoid by posting the thread, my friend!

Yes, I agree with everything said thus far. The paranoid ARE very sensitive and it seems that it would goes with the territory, but how far some will take it is what is truly amazing, integrity out the window! I have caught some adding to peoples quotes in post... I mean that is F@%$ing wrong.

I needed to rant for a moment, so I thought I would join in for a moment... ah..... ok, I fell better now.

For what it is worth Jaxon... you are definitely CIA!!!

Ciao!

rgs

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Paranoia is a fear based emotion and as such I try and avoid it. However, it's obvious given the degree of obvious stuff going down in the world today that there is a reality behind paranoia. To acuse someone of paranoia in a world where our very states are the biggest threat to our survival is to miss the point of sites such as ATS. There's a lot of bad stuff out there, it's a given.

We can put the "lol paranoid" meme to rest, time to let go of innocence.

I do however urge people not to be scared, fear is the destroyer.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join