Excessive Paranoia on ATS!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+49 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

par⋅a⋅noi⋅a [par-uh-noi-uh]

–noun 1. Psychiatry. a mental disorder characterized by systematized delusions and the projection of personal conflicts, which are ascribed to the supposed hostility of others, sometimes progressing to disturbances of consciousness and aggressive acts believed to be performed in self-defense or as a mission.
2. baseless or excessive suspicion of the motives of others.
Dictionary.com

Yesterday, I was accused of being a CIA agent for starting a thread asking What does your User Name tell us about you??? Apparently, having a desire to further understand your fellow human being is going over the line. Shame, because it's the main reason why I come here. Psychology, Philosophy and Spirituality are the topics that interest me the most. It's just my 'thang'. I do have interests in political issues and the paranormal as well. But now I've been labeled as a denizen of Langley! Those who have encountered me before here should know better, and if it were true, my feet wouldn't be constantly sore (I'm actually a waiter in a seafood restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale, FL) as I would have a nice cushy desk job with all those wonderful government job benies!

The author of the thread didn't review my profile, read any of my other threads or any of my posts on the threads of others. They just assumed that I was trying to get personal info on other members. While somewhat true, it is personal views in a very anonomous fashion. But isn't every post we post here a little glimpse into our personal views and insights? If we start turning on each other and start pointing fingers accusing other members of being the "enemy", haven't those we do view in such a light already won? Can we expect to be taken seriously as a group if we degrade into such behavior? Don't get me wrong, a little paranoia can be a good thing, but when your 'tinfoil hat' becomes a 'tinfoil ski mask', you have a problem!

Finished with my woman 'cause she couldn't help me with my mind
people think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time
All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy
Think I'll lose my mind if I don't find something to pacify
Can you help me occupy my brain?
Oh yeah
I need someone to show me the things in life that I can't find
I can't see the things that make true happiness, I must be blind
Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry
Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal
And so as you hear these words telling you now of my state
I tell you to enjoy life I wish I could but it's too late

Black Sabbath: Paranoid

Now I never do this, because I think it's akin to begging and a sign of a 'Point Ho', but in this case I'm going to make an exception. Star & Flag this if you want to send the same message! The 'CIA on ATS' thread, which is based on utter thripe has almost 100 flags, and I really don't think this is the message we want to send out to the world! WHO'S WITH ME ON THIS?!?!?!?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Yeah, well, this is a conspiracy site after all, so it doesn't really surprise me. Lying to masses causes this, people just don't who/what to trust. Some of the paranoia can be justified, but most of it is just useless. I guess people should be careful about revealing info about themselves, the net IS full of psychos, as is the real world, it's just a reflection of that. These people are not from government agencies 'tho.

This site is mostly populated by young adult males, most of them have no real power at all. They are not threatning at all, but I wouldn't be surprised if some government branches scanned this site for "touchy" subjects that threatens the status quo. Or then again, maybe not.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Oh you forgot to beg for flags and stars like she does. Only really paranoid people beg for flags and stars because they think if you agree with them you aren't out to get them.

I mean really beg. This means you have to start your thread by trashing other members threads first to get everyone's attention.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Sundancer]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Look man, whatever your trying to do you have to stop. I am writing this as quickly as I can because I have to shut down my Faraday cage to send outgoing messages. I may have been detected already but I will finish anyway because you have no idea what you are doing. I am going to give you an inside look at how they use theeeeeeeeeee

Just kidding. Lighten up and go with the flow. Tell them that you are the cia and this information you gather equates to a feather in your cap at the agency. This is no small thing.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Paranoia keeps people on their toes, whilst they look for the conspiracy in the small, everyday and mundane things the reaaallly big and important stuff passes them by.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I understand your frustration.

Perhaps ATS does sometimes, as a community, get excessively paranoid. However, think about who are we are. We are a community of individuals who generally either have a mistrust of governments, believe that cover-ups exist left, right and centre, believe that the world is going to end in 2012 or some other 'non-standard' outlook on life. And I know that doesn't apply to everyone so no-one shoot me down for making a generalisation here - I'm not in the mood for being flamed, OK?

I feel that we err on the side of paranoia because we know that covert disinfo programs and cover ups do happen. However, when people start shouting that other members are disinfo agents and working for 'the government' I think it's time to stand back and evaluate the evidence for a given situation. I personally don't think that you are. You seem a 'normal' ATS member - if such a thing exists.

We are being watched by any number of alphabet agencies - worldwide - that is pretty much fact. We know it, but I'm sure that they have ways and means and techniques for monitoring, engaging with us and observing/profiling us in ways that we would NEVER be aware of.

I agree with you that we don't want to give out the message that we are overly paranoid. However, a healthy paranoid is a good thing. Without that paranoia and the associated cynicism we would be just like the masses and, on the whole, unaware.

Kinda lost track of what I was saying as I had to step away from the keyboard for a bit, but I hope you understand what I'm getting at...

Stay healthily paranoid and stay cynical. It might just save your life one day.

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I'm with you

(although the poster of the thread you mentioned was VERY specific in not meaning any offense and picking wrong example etc).

I had a thread this week (taken the wrong way by some due to too much personal info on my part lol)

Basically saying we jump down the throats of a demographic of the elite way too quickly as if they are out to get us as a whole.

But in essence saying: paranoia and guilty by association doesn't help find the truth, often all your doing is demonizing the very people who could lead you to the answers you seek.

Even disinformation can be very useful when your smart enough to recognize it. There is much to be learned from disinformation, particularly knowing when your getting close to the truth.

Far from fear it, wouldn't it be very insulting if you started a conspiracy site and disinformation types and information gatherers DIDN'T show up?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by refuse_orders
Paranoia keeps people on their toes, whilst they look for the conspiracy in the small, everyday and mundane things the reaaallly big and important stuff passes them by.

This is interesting.

I think that a lot of people here believe CIA, NSA etc. to be some shady, evil agencies that hunt for UFOlogists and conspiracy theorists full time, which is kind of childish.

I have actually heard some pretty freaky MIB-stories on the net 'tho, some of them BS apparently, some probably true. CIA actually HAS history on such projects as MK Ultra etc, that I actually believe is still going on in some form, but it's probably just a drop in the bucket. IMO it would be quite naive to claim that something weird isn't going on.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Yesterday, I was accused of being a CIA agent for starting a thread asking What does your User Name tell us about you???

I wouldn't have connected your topic with the CIA,

But i bet they do read the site, maybe even post,

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by refuse_orders

n. 1.A psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur, often strenuously defended with apparent logic and reason.
2.Extreme, irrational distrust of others.

[Greek, madness, from paranoos, demented : para-, beyond; see para-1 + nous, noos, mind.]

No!

However, a healthy amount of fear and skepticism perhaps.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
Oh you forgot to beg for flags and stars like she does. Only really paranoid people beg for flags and stars because they think if you agree with them you aren't out to get them.

I mean really beg. This means you have to start your thread by trashing other members threads first to get everyone's attention.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Sundancer]

Thank you for revealing the secret of obtaining copious flags and stars. I felt myself getting paranoid when my comments are ignored. I thought it was the CIA blocking them just to get me riled up!

I would rather be ignored than beg for attention.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Hazelnut]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
(I'm actually a waiter in a seafood restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale, FL)

Then you must know Mohammed Atta!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Yes, I was gathering a CIA dossier on him... Oh, crap! I just 'outed' myself again!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

All seafood restaurant waiters are CIA agents, you gave yourself away right there.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
actually i think there is such a thing as being excessively paranoid hell this week alone i have been called a disinfo agent many times for disagreeing with the op of a thread
and watched others being labeled the same and undercover agents etc

hell i wish i was an agent i wouldnt have to scrimp and save to feed my kids and keep a roof over my head

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Oh, if that were only true! So many 'problem' guests would wake up in the morning to an IRS audit! Or perhaps the target of a DEA sting!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

OK, I starred and Flagged.

Does this mean that you are going to stop watching me now?? please?

I was in a seafood restaurant one time. I could swear the lobster were watching and taking notes. Are they your minions?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Jaxon - I completely agree with you. The motto here is Deny Ignorance, but the majority seem to embrace it. Why on earth would the CIA, FBI, NSA, whatever alphabet agency give a big happy crap what our username or avatars mean? I would also imagine that if any of those agents were to read ATS, they would probably feed us some of the BS posted on here just to keep our eyes off of what they are really doing. Encourage the Nibiru, aliens, ghosts, mind control - whatever it takes to keep the focus off of them secretly overthrowing a foreign government or funneling drug money into secret aircraft development.

S&F

In my opinion, we should have some more skepticism on this forum instead of this "benefit of the doubt" faith in any wild theory posted.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder

OK, I starred and Flagged.

Does this mean that you are going to stop watching me now?? please?

I was in a seafood restaurant one time. I could swear the lobster were watching and taking notes. Are they your minions?

Are you kidding me! We thought you people were only aware of the "reptilians". You just let the cat out of the bag on the "crustaceans". We have a fleet of black helicoptors on it's way to you to detain you for - oh let's just call it "re-programming".

Crap, now they know I'm one of the MIB too. Just stare into your screens for a minute and wait for the bright flash. Everything will be back to normal after that.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Hey Jaxon:

LOl can I have another beer with my lobster and dossier.
That's just silly some lady claimed you were a CIA agent.
Were your SAT scores high because they would have to be. LOL

Yes Conspiracy theorist are a paranoid group, it's the nature of the beast,
however some intuition and common sense should play a part of discernment.

You want a S&F dear?

OK!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join